Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:29:25 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,223

With Mike Neal being needed at OLB that means we should see more Datone Jones, right?
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:43:49 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

If Datone wants to be known as one of the all-time greatest DEs, he needs to bring it!
Offline go.pack.go.  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 7:53:32 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 11/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 44

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
With Mike Neal being needed at OLB that means we should see more Datone Jones, right?


I wouldn't think so. Mike Neal's position this year is OLB. So the rotation at DL hasn't changed due to injury to OLB. However, it seems like I have definitely seen him on the field more recently.
Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:18:29 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't think so. Mike Neal's position this year is OLB. So the rotation at DL hasn't changed due to injury to OLB. However, it seems like I have definitely seen him on the field more recently.


They should switch Datone and Mike Daniels to OLB.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline beast  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:11:58 AM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
They should switch Datone and Mike Daniels to OLB.


I would really like to see Datone get some time at OLB. He played some LB his SR year in college as a pass rusher from a two point stance.

I think the Packers could use Datone as a pass rusher espeically on the 2-4 nickel... where OLB is really playing a 4-2 DE like role.


As for Daniels, he moves very well, but I'm not sold on him being at OLB. I wouldn't mind trying it in practice to see if it might work thought.

If Daniels is going to play a LB spot, I'd want it to be in the former 3-4 system the Packers run which was more high risk / high reward and they asked their DL to pass rush a bit more and asking their ILBers (mainly Hawk) to deal with OL getting to them more. In fact, I think Hawk was being asked to play a LB/DL hybird role, which he had to move quickly to get to a OL blocking and try to beat them while keeping the ILB clean.

I think Daniels might be a very good fit for that LB/DL tweener role.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 10/17/2013(UTC)
Online Mucky Tundra  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:19:08 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 1/11/2013(UTC)
Location: Murray, Kentucky

Applause Given: 378
Applause Received: 483

Well, assuming we can get some guys healthy and the new found pass rush from Perry coming from the right holds up, Daniels and Jones should get 1 on 1 matchups on the inside. It'll be up to Jones at that point to take advantage.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline mi_keys  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:25:34 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 224
Applause Received: 359

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
I would really like to see Datone get some time at OLB. He played some LB his SR year in college as a pass rusher from a two point stance.

I think the Packers could use Datone as a pass rusher espeically on the 2-4 nickel... where OLB is really playing a 4-2 DE like role.


As for Daniels, he moves very well, but I'm not sold on him being at OLB. I wouldn't mind trying it in practice to see if it might work thought.

If Daniels is going to play a LB spot, I'd want it to be in the former 3-4 system the Packers run which was more high risk / high reward and they asked their DL to pass rush a bit more and asking their ILBers (mainly Hawk) to deal with OL getting to them more. In fact, I think Hawk was being asked to play a LB/DL hybird role, which he had to move quickly to get to a OL blocking and try to beat them while keeping the ILB clean.

I think Daniels might be a very good fit for that LB/DL tweener role.


If we're going to stand everyone up we might as well just run the Psycho package. The personnel we have now might have more success with it than when we tried it with Matthews and a horde of bums.
Born and bred a cheesehead
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 10/17/2013(UTC)
Offline beast  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:06:21 AM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
If we're going to stand everyone up we might as well just run the Psycho package. The personnel we have now might have more success with it than when we tried it with Matthews and a horde of bums.


Of the healthy guys, I think the strength of this defense is the NTs (Pickett, Raji and Jolly) and Daniels. Packers defense is ranked 3rd best against the run... and I'm assuming part of the reason the Broncos are #1 is because teams stop running as much trying to keep up with the Broncos offense.

But I don't think they could get all the NTs on the field AND playing well in the Psycho package.


I think it'd be best to stay with in the system that's already in place, other than maybe try to get OLB some more depth there maybe by letting them using Datone Jones some and asking other DL to step up for Jones at push DT in the nickel package. Maybe get Raji, Jolly, Daniels, Wilson more snaps in the pass rush DT role if the can handle it with out dropping off what they were already doing.

I wouldn't count on it, but Boyd might even be active for his first game of the season (because of so many injuries)

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline steveishere  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:57:57 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Daniels has been our only pass rush from the D-line all year. Why on earth would anybody want to make in a LB?
Offline nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:18:58 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Daniels has been our only pass rush from the D-line all year. Why on earth would anybody want to make in a LB?


1: He can get to the QB.

2: He's undersized for our DL.

3: The DL in our system is supposed to take up blockers, to allow the LBs to get to the QB.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
24m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

27m / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

50m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Since69