Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:57:17 AM(UTC)
Chat with fans during the game!

Green Bay Packers ( 4 - 2 )
    Total Offense = 2nd
    Passing Offense = 4th
    Rushing Offense = 6th

Total Defense = 15th
    Passing Defense = 24th
    Rushing Defense = 3rd

Points For = 28.0 (4th)
    Points Against = 21.2 (12th)

UserPostedImage

Minnesota Vikings ( 1 - 5 )
  • Total Offense = 25th
  • Passing Offense = 24th
  • Rushing Offense = 19th

• Total Defense = 27th
  • Passing Defense = 29th
  • Rushing Defense = 14th

• Points For = 22.0 (19th)
  • Points Against = 30.2 (29th)

UserPostedImage
Tezzy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:05:13 AM(UTC)
After watching the Viqueens against the Giants, I find it hard to not be a complete homer in any predictions for this game.

Obvious keys for our defense.
1. Continue shutting down the run game. Adrian has had the Packers number, but with a much improved team run defense this year I look forward to this matchup.
2. Don't believe we'll be able to generate as much quarterback pressure as the Giants did, but it's obvious that pressuring Freeman will generate opportunities for the DBs to get there hands on some balls.
3. Offensively, minimize any pressure that the Viqueens front can provide and we should be able to put some big points on the board.

Prediction:
Packers - 34
Vikings - 10

User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:27:56 AM(UTC)
It's a division game on the road, and there's always the potential albeit slim of the Vikings snapping out of their badness. I think they will come out fired up, and very quickly come down to earth - unless the Packers reward them early with turnovers and/or gaffs on defense. The Vikings do still have decent personnel in their O Line and front seven D, even though they haven't played like it, and of course Peterson is still dangerous, although I suspect he has dropped off just a little bit himself this season.

On the Packers side, when the wideouts got hurt, Rodgers took advantage of the D being less tight on Boykin, etc. If Finley is out, I would expect the same - Quarless and one or more of the other TEs getting some action.

Packers win 41 - 10
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:37:43 AM(UTC)
It's a division game on the road, and there's always the potential albeit slim of the Vikings snapping out of their badness. I think they will come out fired up, and very quickly come down to earth - unless the Packers reward them early with turnovers and/or gaffs on defense. The Vikings do still have decent personnel in their O Line and front seven D, even though they haven't played like it, and of course Peterson is still dangerous, although I suspect he has dropped off just a little bit himself this season.

On the Packers side, when the wideouts got hurt, Rodgers took advantage of the D being less tight on Boykin, etc. If Finley is out, I would expect the same - Quarless and one or more of the other TEs getting some action.

Packers win 41 - 10
Porforis  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:08:21 AM(UTC)
33 - 13 Packers. I'd expect Peterson to get around 100 yards on 20-some carries. One big play will get the Vikings a TD but beyond that they'll struggle to muster even field goals. Packers are efficient on offense but don't do anything explosive.
nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:04:41 AM(UTC)
If we let them hang around in any way, they could get sparked.

But Freeman doesn't know the playbook yet, and this team is a disaster.

I don't think they believe they can win. They might be prone to just take some cheap shots at our players.
hardrocker950  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:54:25 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post

I don't think they believe they can win. They might be prone to just take some cheap shots at our players.

This worries me more than "how to beat them."
sschind  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:51:14 PM(UTC)
Tezzy said: Go to Quoted Post
After watching the Viqueens against the Giants, I find it hard to not be a complete homer in any predictions for this game.

Prediction:
Packers - 34
Vikings - 10

I don't think there is anything wrong with that feeling. There are just some games that, unless you totally shit yourself (to borrow a phrase from nerdman) you just should win. This is one of those games. The problem I have is when people make stupid comments like "there is no way in hell the vikings have a chance in this game" or " we can't lose" Be confidant and make your predictions, even bold ones, but don't forget to at least acknowledge the other team does have a chance.
Mucky Tundra  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:28:38 PM(UTC)
A fully healthy GB team hangs 40 no problem vs this Vikings team. Now? More like 24-27 which should be enough as long as Peterson is kept in check. The only way I see GB losing this game is if Peterson runs wild and Allen manhandles Bahktiari like he did Barbre back in 09.
Yerko  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:27:13 PM(UTC)
As long as the Packers don't take this game lightly (which I don't think they will), I don't see this one being close. Freeman has the nod to start again and with a short week, they aren't going to be able to fit much more plays into the playbook for him. I am confident in the Packers revamped run defense and think they can do exactly what the Giants did and stop Peterson. I don't think Peterson is the same right now and I think he is secretly fighting some emotions still with the loss of his son. He just isn't playing the same game right now.

Our DBs can cover their receivers. End of that.

On the offense side, Boykin needs to have another big week to fill the void. James Jones would add so much to this offense but I don't think there is a necessary need for him to rush back. Quarless and Co won't fill the Finley void but even filling half the void will be helpful. Bahktiari needs to do work against Allen and I think he can on his own for a majority of the time, but will need chip help here and there.

After 3 weeks now (since his return), Lacy has been a leading rusher in the league. Amazing. Keep handing that kid the ball and let him do his thing. He will make the rest of the offense click.

Oh, and of course...SPECIAL TEAMS. They need to show up on Sunday night because that is really the only true scoring threat outside of Peterson this team has right now.

I'm going to say Rodgers goes off and throws for 300+ yards and 3 touchdowns, Lacy adds 1 and defense adds another.

Pack- 35
Vikes- 13
nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:57:49 PM(UTC)
sschind said: Go to Quoted Post
I don't think there is anything wrong with that feeling. There are just some games that, unless you totally sh!t yourself (to borrow a phrase from nerdman) you just should win. This is one of those games. The problem I have is when people make stupid comments like "there is no way in hell the vikings have a chance in this game" or " we can't lose" Be confidant and make your predictions, even bold ones, but don't forget to at least acknowledge the other team does have a chance.

MOST of our games are like that.

Our guys look like assholes when they keep getting quoted saying, "WE BEAT OURSELVES." Especially when we're one and done in January.

But the thing is, it's true. This team ever stops shitting themselves, the sky's the limit.
nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:58:45 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra said: Go to Quoted Post
A fully healthy GB team hangs 40 no problem vs this Vikings team. Now? More like 24-27 which should be enough as long as Peterson is kept in check. The only way I see GB losing this game is if Peterson runs wild and Allen manhandles Bahktiari like he did Barbre back in 09.

You kidding me? A healthy GB team hangs 60 on this team.

As it is, we'll get 34, at least.
beast  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:37:55 PM(UTC)
I haven't seen a single Vikings game this season... but in the past couple of years, they've been able to get some decent to good past rush with only 4 guys while keeping the rest in coverage and has given Rodgers a tough time.

Packers might have to lean on their running game to get some more time.

But the Vikings are surprising high in run defense when you look at yards per attempt. They're tied at 6th with 3.6 yards per rush attempt So that might be harder than expected. Then again, Browns, Ravens and Bengals are all in the top 12 there so maybe the Packers offense might be used to it.

nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:51:15 PM(UTC)
beast said: Go to Quoted Post
I haven't seen a single Vikings game this season... but in the past couple of years, they've been able to get some decent to good past rush with only 4 guys while keeping the rest in coverage and has given Rodgers a tough time.

Packers might have to lean on their running game to get some more time.

But the Vikings are surprising high in run defense when you look at yards per attempt. They're tied at 6th with 3.6 yards per rush attempt So that might be harder than expected. Then again, Browns, Ravens and Bengals are all in the top 12 there so maybe the Packers offense might be used to it.

Turf might play to Franklin's strength, as far as speed. And quickness.

He might get a chance to show he can hang onto the ball.
beast  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:57:51 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Turf might play to Franklin's strength, as far as speed. And quickness.

He might get a chance to show he can hang onto the ball.

True, but the Packers seem to enjoy just riding Lacy for the most part.

But with the Vikings joy of getting up field, a screen play might work if they can fool the DL.
warhawk  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:08:36 AM(UTC)
The Packers run defense is so much better than last year and the Vikes pass D is awful.
This is not a good combination for them at all.
Tezzy  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:58:29 AM(UTC)

nerdmann  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:02:25 AM(UTC)
PFT

Quote:
Josh Freeman, who had a bad outing in starting his first game with the Vikings on Monday night, has suffered a concussion and may not be able to play this week against Green Bay, the team announced.

Hahaha, this is gonna be GREAT.
Laser Gunns  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:07:30 AM(UTC)
Ponder is better than Freeman at this point.

Darn.

I can't stop thinking this is a trap game. I just don't see them playing that bad in consecutive weeks, especially at home against their favorite visitors.
nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:12:52 AM(UTC)
RajiRoar said: Go to Quoted Post
Ponder is better than Freeman at this point.

Darn.

I can't stop thinking this is a trap game. I just don't see them playing that bad in consecutive weeks, especially at home against their favorite visitors.

They suck.
Rss Feed