Since69
15 years ago
Cutting Ryan without warning a week before the season started was classless at best. And now, in retrospect, stupid as well. Maybe Frost will settle down, though. We saw in the Minnesota game that he's certainly capable of punting well.
UserPostedImage
Trippster
15 years ago
I didn't have a problem with Ryan in the first place. I felt he did prety well, at least I didn't notice him causeing problems. And for a punter, isnt that a good thing?
"Let Your Light Shine!"
15 years ago
Frost cant get the ball inside the 20, thats his problem. Hes had 2 punts inside the 20 this year in 22 punts.
UserPostedImage
bavpb
15 years ago

DeBauche, Waylon and Atterberry have no NFL experience.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

That kind of qualification predestinates them for the Pack. UserPostedImage

Have a nice day,
Harald
It was a tight game, and it swayed back and forth. And sure enough, he pulled out a victory at the end...
I swear to you, he smiled while he was doing it. He smiled til the end.
We’ll miss you, gunslinger.
warhawk
15 years ago

I didn't have a problem with Ryan in the first place. I felt he did prety well, at least I didn't notice him causeing problems. And for a punter, isnt that a good thing?

"Trippster" wrote:

Except he did cause problems Trip. Very eratic with shanks and extremely untimely line drives. Like line drives punting from his own 10 where the returner would get it on the dead run maybe just beyond the 50 leaving coverage out to dry.

Plus, he just got worse as the season wore on. He got outpunted by his opponent in nearly every game the last half of last year regardless of it being in Lambeau or not.

The only thing that kept his stats from being a total disaster was he was capable of nailing one about 65 yards now and then.

Frost has been Mr. Consistant his whole career and then comes here and punts like this. Nobody could have seen that coming.
"The train is leaving the station."
TheEngineer
15 years ago

Frost has been Mr. Consistant his whole career and then comes here and punts like this. Nobody could have seen that coming.

"warhawk" wrote:

I'll say. It's like there's some sort of NFL mental retardation cloud hanging over the Packers right now, for some damn reason.
blank
walleye
15 years ago
By Rob Demovsky
Despite his best performance since Week 1, Derrick Frosts days as the Green Bay Packers punter could be numbered.

The Packers on Monday worked out four punters, including former Bay Port High School and University of Wisconsin standout Ken DeBauche and former Pro Bowler Scott Player.

DeBauche spent part of the offseason on the Packers roster. He signed with his hometown team as a rookie free agent just a few hours after the April draft and went through the organized team activities and the mandatory minicamp. He was cut on July 24, just five days before the first practice of training camp.

DeBauche has been living in Milwaukee and made the drive to Green Bay on Monday. It was his first workout since the Packers released him. He worked out inside Lambeau Field along with Player, Zac Atterberry and Waylon Prather and long snapper Kevin Garvoille, according to the NFL transaction wire that is sent to all 32 teams but not released to the public.

I thought it went well, DeBauche said. I was pretty optimistic coming out of it in that I knew I punted well.

Player was the only NFL veteran among the group. The 38-year-old played for the Arizona Cardinals from 1998 to 2006 and made the Pro Bowl in 2000. He punted last season for the Cleveland Browns and was signed by the New England Patriots this offseason but did not make the team. In 727 career punts, he has averages of 43.1 yards (gross) and 36.1 yards (net).

Atterberry, who played at Lindenwood University, spent time on the Chicago Bears roster this offseason. Prather, of San Jose State, was with the New Orleans Saints in the preseason and was on the New York Jets practice squad briefly last month. Both are rookies.

After a solid first week, Frost struggled in three straight games before turning in an improved performance against Atlanta on Sunday. He punted three times and finished with averages of 41 yards (gross) and 40 yards (net) with one kick inside the 20.

Like DeBauche, Garvoille has ties to the state. He played at UW-Whitewater through 2003 and grew up in Oregon, which is near Madison.
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Pack93z
15 years ago
Sorry dude.. already a thread.. merged.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
chibiabo
15 years ago
:wickedfart: Thought this Frost cat was supposed to be more consistent then Ryan? Perhaps his being cut for a rookie should have sent up some smoke signals?
blank
gbpfan
15 years ago
i thought seahaws cut jon but i do know frost isnt it
Fan Shout
dfosterf (17h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (19h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (21h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.