Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 7:56:16 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,230

Chat with fans during the game!

Green Bay Packers ( 5 - 3 )
    Total Offense = 2nd
    Passing Offense = 6th
    Rushing Offense = 2nd

Total Defense = 15th
    Passing Defense = 20th
    Rushing Defense = 5th

Points For = 29.0 (3rd)
    Points Against = 23.1 (14th)

UserPostedImage

Philadelphia Eagles ( 4 - 5 )
  • Total Offense = 4th
  • Passing Offense = 10th
  • Rushing Offense = 3rd

• Total Defense = 32nd
  • Passing Defense = 32nd
  • Rushing Defense = 15th

• Points For = 25.0 (13th)
  • Points Against = 25.7 (22nd)

UserPostedImage

Message modified by user Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:44:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 9:25:53 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

hope it is a great game. and the weather cooperates.

J Jones has a big day.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 8:46:58 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Packers 38
Eagles 17
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/8/2013(UTC)
Offline Yerko  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 11:28:46 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 263

Uncle Rico

I don't want to get anyone down but can you imagine having Rodgers against the team ranked dead last in pass defense? The missed opportunity to be an all-out stat whore Sunday will have Rodgers fuming on the sideline as he sees his stats stand pat compared to Lord Favre.

Okay, all humor out of the way now. Seeing that 32nd ranked pass defense gives me (and I hope others) a sign of some hope. Not only the 32nd ranked pass defense, but the 15th ranked run defense. All Seneca has to do is NOT lose this game. Run, run and run again. Bears were stacking the box and the run was still working from time to time. Seneca needs to work that pump fake a little so his 5'11" passes stop getting swatted. If Seneca is able to get the ball into the hands of Nelson and Jones here and there, the Packers should be good. I think we will see a slightly better, still below average QB come this week but as James Jones had said, "Please! Seneca Wallace, don't try to go out there and be the MVP quarterback."

Onto the defense. One-handed Clay Matthews is better than no clay Matthews at all. That right there is a plus for the defense. Nick Perry should also be back so there should be a nice healthy rotation of Perry, Matthews and Neal at OLB. Defense needs to step up their game this week in order for this game to fall in the Packers favor. Everyone is talking about Nick Foles 7 touchdowns...sure, a big deal but aside from that he is just an average quarterback. Put pressure on him and he is bound to make mistakes. Again, with Clay and Perry back I expect the defense to pressure the crap out of him.
Defensive backs need to step up this game and make tackles. Please, do not try arm tackling a friggin' tight end.

Packers come out on top...
Packers- 24
Eagles- 13
UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 11/10/2013(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 11:57:27 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

We got to get home when we get pressure. It is imperative. The inside pressure has been decent but the guys on the edge have to make noise. McCown is a trusty QB. He knows where the plays are every down. Foles is still young. Those receivers were wide open last week. Make them work and make Foles shakey back there. The defense HAS to step up while Rodgers is out and we have to shorten the game with TOP.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline warhawk  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 12:29:22 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

I don't think they are going to run, run, run. Not at all.

I think it would be a foolish plan. Philly cannot defend the pass. Why play into their strengths and not their weakness?

I think you will be surprised to see how many times Wallace throws 15 to 20 yards down field, and, how many times the receivers are open and catches them.

They won"t ask Wallace to make the throws Arod makes. They don't have to. Spread the field, find the guy open, and get the ball to them.

Once they do this and show they can it will open up the run. To start out running and not exploit the weakness of the Eagles D in my mind makes for a real uphill battle. The last thing Wallace needs is to face 3rd and long often.

Go back to Flynn vs. NE. He played poorly the week before getting thrown into the fire but with a weeks work McCarthy did not hold him back at all.

I will be VERY surprised not to see McCarthy go after this pass D on Sunday.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline DarkaneRules  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 12:42:03 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

He said he would not re-invent the wheel in his presser so I have no doubt you are right Warhawk.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Yerko  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 12:45:09 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post
I don't think they are going to run, run, run. Not at all.

I think it would be a foolish plan. Philly cannot defend the pass. Why play into their strengths and not their weakness?

I think you will be surprised to see how many times Wallace throws 15 to 20 yards down field, and, how many times the receivers are open and catches them.

They won"t ask Wallace to make the throws Arod makes. They don't have to. Spread the field, find the guy open, and get the ball to them.

Once they do this and show they can it will open up the run. To start out running and not exploit the weakness of the Eagles D in my mind makes for a real uphill battle. The last thing Wallace needs is to face 3rd and long often.

Go back to Flynn vs. NE. He played poorly the week before getting thrown into the fire but with a weeks work McCarthy did not hold him back at all.

I will be VERY surprised not to see McCarthy go after this pass D on Sunday.

I believe the Packers will use the run to set up the pass.

Mike Vandermause posted this from Mike McCarthy's presser today:
"We try to run the ball well every week. We're going to run it, that's one thing I can promise you. I trust linemen and backs."

I think McCarthy is going to put this offense on Lacy/Starks back and I think it could work. Philly isn't a good run defense, just average. Aside from a DeMarco Murray-less Cowboys and run-down Giants team, the Eagles have given up 100+ rushing yards and 1-2 rushing touchdowns a game to teams rushing 20+ times.

Maybe Seneca wallace at QB affects that possibility but I am willing to bet that the offense still works off the run game this week.
UserPostedImage
Offline OlHoss1884  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 12:55:22 PM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

United States

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 167

I think with a full week of reps Wallace will be ok especially against the weak defense. I am more concerned about the Eagles offense after the thrashing they gave Oakland last week. If Perry and Matthews play I think we keep them from running it up and I think our run game will keep thejm off the field enough to pull this out but I think it will be close, like 23-20
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 2:30:31 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

We can win this game. We just need to get after Foles. This Eagles team reminds me of the Redskins game. Except we don't have Rodgers.

Keys to the game:

- Force them out of the 8 man front. Imo Wallace was at his best with those quick short passes. Honestly we don't need to get those 10-20 yard gains all the time. Let the recievers get Yac. If we can average 5 yards a carrie from Lacy and Company, we can convert a lot of those 2nd and 3rd downs with these short passes.

- Move Wallace outside the pocket Wallace struggled in the Pocket. He got sacked a lot because he never stepped up into the pocket to even get the ball off. Go bootleg a lot, scrambling a couple times. Utilize Wallace's strengths.

- Get after Foles and cause turnovers This defense needs to step up with Rodgers out and Matthews and company needs to get after Foles and make him make inaccurate passes and cause some Interceptions. We've only had 3 all season, which is unheard of.

1 Interception Shields

1 Forced Fumble Brad Jones

1 Running TD for Lacy

1 Running TD for Starks

1 Passing TD for Nelson

2 FG for Crosby

Surprise Player on Offense: Andrew Quarless 5 Catches, 70 Yards

Surprise Player on Defense: Datone Jones 5 Tackles, 2 Tackles for Loss, 1 sack

Packers will win 27-10
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DarkaneRules on 11/9/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 11/10/2013(UTC)
Offline Bigbyfan  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 3:37:52 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 26
Applause Received: 81

I'm most interested in seeing if Wallace's pocket presence shows any improvement. It seemed like he panicked a lot when there was pressure. He did a poor job stepping up into the pocket. Hopefully with a week to knock the rust off, he can be a little more comfortable in the pocket. This is a huge need if Newhouse plays.
blank
Online nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 1:26:15 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,714
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
We can win this game. We just need to get after Foles. This Eagles team reminds me of the Redskins game. Except we don't have Rodgers.

Keys to the game:

- Force them out of the 8 man front. Imo Wallace was at his best with those quick short passes. Honestly we don't need to get those 10-20 yard gains all the time. Let the recievers get Yac. If we can average 5 yards a carrie from Lacy and Company, we can convert a lot of those 2nd and 3rd downs with these short passes.

- Move Wallace outside the pocket Wallace struggled in the Pocket. He got sacked a lot because he never stepped up into the pocket to even get the ball off. Go bootleg a lot, scrambling a couple times. Utilize Wallace's strengths.

- Get after Foles and cause turnovers This defense needs to step up with Rodgers out and Matthews and company needs to get after Foles and make him make inaccurate passes and cause some Interceptions. We've only had 3 all season, which is unheard of.

1 Interception Shields

1 Forced Fumble Brad Jones

1 Running TD for Lacy

1 Running TD for Starks

1 Passing TD for Nelson

2 FG for Crosby

Surprise Player on Offense: Andrew Quarless 5 Catches, 70 Yards

Surprise Player on Defense: Datone Jones 5 Tackles, 2 Tackles for Loss, 1 sack

Packers will win 27-10

Tine for the D to start getting some of those INTs.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline flep  
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 2:33:19 AM(UTC)
flep

United Kingdom

Applause Given: 58
Applause Received: 60

Rules for this game:

Rule #1:Give the ball to Eddie Lacey

Rule #2:See Rule #1

There are no more Rules.
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 30 years

UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Offline flep  
#14 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 2:34:47 AM(UTC)
flep

United Kingdom

Applause Given: 58
Applause Received: 60

Packers win 30 - 17
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 30 years

UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#15 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 7:44:42 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

T David Bakhtiari, LB Brad Jones and S Chris Banjo will be the Packers’ captains on Sunday.

UserPostedImage
Online Mucky Tundra  
#16 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 7:46:53 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 487

Bold Prediction: Johnathan Franklin actually gets a touch on offense

In all seriousness, Franklin gets some work today as a receiver out of the backfield. Datone Jones will pick up another sack or two this day as well.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline nyrpack  
#17 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 7:56:46 AM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 63

if all goes well , rodgers is back on thanksgiving against the lions ??
jimmy b.
Offline Tezzy  
#18 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 9:51:45 AM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 29
Applause Received: 81

With Uncle Rico behind center I look at this game as a coin flip. If he can have any semblance of a passing game we can pull this one out. Defense will give up some big plays to the quickness of the Eagles. So if Seneca can minimize mistakes and give us a chance to convert 3rd and 6-10 yards then I think we win a nail biter.

Packers 24
Eagles 20

Game ends with the Eagles driving for a 4th quarter touchdown but Matthews finishes with a strip/sack/recovery.
On top of every beard grows a man.
Offline kobe16  
#19 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:10:30 AM(UTC)
kobe16

Really hope we limit turnovers today and maybe force a couple. That's only way I see us winning this one
UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:15:35 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,714
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: Tezzy Go to Quoted Post
With Uncle Rico behind center I look at this game as a coin flip. If he can have any semblance of a passing game we can pull this one out. Defense will give up some big plays to the quickness of the Eagles. So if Seneca can minimize mistakes and give us a chance to convert 3rd and 6-10 yards then I think we win a nail biter.

Packers 24
Eagles 20

Game ends with the Eagles driving for a 4th quarter touchdown but Matthews finishes with a strip/sack/recovery.

Philly is LAST in the league in time of possession.

Lacy could very easily wear these guys down.

Keep in mind, Foles had 7 TDs last week, but he's a backup QB, just like ours. Strike team football, baby!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:36:25 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Green Bay Packers
10 WR Chris Harper
12 QB Aaron Rodgers
25 CB James Nixon
55 LB Andy Mulumba
78 T Derek Sherrod
93 DE Josh Boyd
98 DE C.J. Wilson

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#22 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 9:21:48 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

just got home from the game. It was a disappointing game. I thought Tolzien's passes were horrid. I can't believe s pro or even a D 1 college QB would throw sidearm passes.

What was the most annoying was the Eagle fans. Foul and obnoxious. Some jerk with a foul moth a couple of rows behind me had been giving unprovoked grief. A woman one row behind me late in the 3rd quarter stood up and chewed him out telling him not to disrespect her or other fans. That he was a guest here.

We didn't hear a word from him or any other Eagle fans the rest of the day.

Best part of the day was watching the parachutists land on the field even though it was a pretty stiff wind. I don't know if the tv audience got to see it. That was so cool.
UserPostedImage

Offline DoddPower  
#23 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 9:58:50 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,096
Applause Received: 530

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
just got home from the game. It was a disappointing game. I thought Tolzien's passes were horrid. I can't believe s pro or even a D 1 college QB would throw sidearm passes.

What was the most annoying was the Eagle fans. Foul and obnoxious. Some jerk with a foul moth a couple of rows behind me had been giving unprovoked grief. A woman one row behind me late in the 3rd quarter stood up and chewed him out telling him not to disrespect her or other fans. That he was a guest here.

We didn't hear a word from him or any other Eagle fans the rest of the day.

Best part of the day was watching the parachutists land on the field even though it was a pretty stiff wind. I don't know if the tv audience got to see it. That was so cool.

That side arm pass was better than the alternative, which was a sack. Stafford throws passes like that often. Tolzien looked serviceable as a backup QB, but not much else.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:10:12 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
That side arm pass was better than the alternative, which was a sack. Stafford throws passes like that often. Tolzien looked serviceable as a backup QB, but not much else.

I thought that sidearm pass was one of his better decision throws. He knew if he threw it traditionally it'd get slapped down so he adjusted on the fly and made the completion.

Why he didn't hit James Jones over the middle for the TD and instead threw a difficult pass to Jordy Nelson in the endzone, no idea about that one. Jones looked like he was breaking wide open well before Tolzien threw.

UserPostedImage
DoddPower on 11/11/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#25 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:25:20 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I thought that sidearm pass was one of his better decision throws. He knew if he threw it traditionally it'd get slapped down so he adjusted on the fly and made the completion.

Why he didn't hit James Jones over the middle for the TD and instead threw a difficult pass to Jordy Nelson in the endzone, no idea about that one. Jones looked like he was breaking wide open well before Tolzien threw.

I don't mean the pass that he threw as he rolled out to the right. A few of his other passes were not over the top. What did he have 3 or 4 passes blocked by the DL? Some of them were if not sidearm were 3/4. A few others that didn't get knocked down were like that too.
UserPostedImage

Rss Feed