You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#16 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 7:46:53 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 213
Applause Received: 269

Bold Prediction: Johnathan Franklin actually gets a touch on offense

In all seriousness, Franklin gets some work today as a receiver out of the backfield. Datone Jones will pick up another sack or two this day as well.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/10/2013(UTC)
Offline nyrpack  
#17 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 7:56:46 AM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 39

if all goes well , rodgers is back on thanksgiving against the lions ??
jimmy b.
Offline Tezzy  
#18 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 9:51:45 AM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 16
Applause Received: 53

With Uncle Rico behind center I look at this game as a coin flip. If he can have any semblance of a passing game we can pull this one out. Defense will give up some big plays to the quickness of the Eagles. So if Seneca can minimize mistakes and give us a chance to convert 3rd and 6-10 yards then I think we win a nail biter.

Packers 24
Eagles 20

Game ends with the Eagles driving for a 4th quarter touchdown but Matthews finishes with a strip/sack/recovery.
... not gay, but like a Viking. Same difference.
Offline kobe16  
#19 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:10:30 AM(UTC)
kobe16

Really hope we limit turnovers today and maybe force a couple. That's only way I see us winning this one
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:15:35 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,105
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: Tezzy Go to Quoted Post
With Uncle Rico behind center I look at this game as a coin flip. If he can have any semblance of a passing game we can pull this one out. Defense will give up some big plays to the quickness of the Eagles. So if Seneca can minimize mistakes and give us a chance to convert 3rd and 6-10 yards then I think we win a nail biter.

Packers 24
Eagles 20

Game ends with the Eagles driving for a 4th quarter touchdown but Matthews finishes with a strip/sack/recovery.

Philly is LAST in the league in time of possession.

Lacy could very easily wear these guys down.

Keep in mind, Foles had 7 TDs last week, but he's a backup QB, just like ours. Strike team football, baby!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:36:25 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,784

Green Bay Packers
10 WR Chris Harper
12 QB Aaron Rodgers
25 CB James Nixon
55 LB Andy Mulumba
78 T Derek Sherrod
93 DE Josh Boyd
98 DE C.J. Wilson

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline wpr  
#22 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 9:21:48 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,393
Applause Received: 1,187

just got home from the game. It was a disappointing game. I thought Tolzien's passes were horrid. I can't believe s pro or even a D 1 college QB would throw sidearm passes.

What was the most annoying was the Eagle fans. Foul and obnoxious. Some jerk with a foul moth a couple of rows behind me had been giving unprovoked grief. A woman one row behind me late in the 3rd quarter stood up and chewed him out telling him not to disrespect her or other fans. That he was a guest here.

We didn't hear a word from him or any other Eagle fans the rest of the day.

Best part of the day was watching the parachutists land on the field even though it was a pretty stiff wind. I don't know if the tv audience got to see it. That was so cool.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline DoddPower  
#23 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 9:58:50 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Applause Given: 1,450
Applause Received: 337

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
just got home from the game. It was a disappointing game. I thought Tolzien's passes were horrid. I can't believe s pro or even a D 1 college QB would throw sidearm passes.

What was the most annoying was the Eagle fans. Foul and obnoxious. Some jerk with a foul moth a couple of rows behind me had been giving unprovoked grief. A woman one row behind me late in the 3rd quarter stood up and chewed him out telling him not to disrespect her or other fans. That he was a guest here.

We didn't hear a word from him or any other Eagle fans the rest of the day.

Best part of the day was watching the parachutists land on the field even though it was a pretty stiff wind. I don't know if the tv audience got to see it. That was so cool.

That side arm pass was better than the alternative, which was a sack. Stafford throws passes like that often. Tolzien looked serviceable as a backup QB, but not much else.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:10:12 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,784

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
That side arm pass was better than the alternative, which was a sack. Stafford throws passes like that often. Tolzien looked serviceable as a backup QB, but not much else.

I thought that sidearm pass was one of his better decision throws. He knew if he threw it traditionally it'd get slapped down so he adjusted on the fly and made the completion.

Why he didn't hit James Jones over the middle for the TD and instead threw a difficult pass to Jordy Nelson in the endzone, no idea about that one. Jones looked like he was breaking wide open well before Tolzien threw.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
DoddPower on 11/11/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#25 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:25:20 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I thought that sidearm pass was one of his better decision throws. He knew if he threw it traditionally it'd get slapped down so he adjusted on the fly and made the completion.

Why he didn't hit James Jones over the middle for the TD and instead threw a difficult pass to Jordy Nelson in the endzone, no idea about that one. Jones looked like he was breaking wide open well before Tolzien threw.

I don't mean the pass that he threw as he rolled out to the right. A few of his other passes were not over the top. What did he have 3 or 4 passes blocked by the DL? Some of them were if not sidearm were 3/4. A few others that didn't get knocked down were like that too.

UserPostedImage

Offline DoddPower  
#26 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:59:30 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Applause Given: 1,450
Applause Received: 337

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I don't mean the pass that he threw as he rolled out to the right. A few of his other passes were not over the top. What did he have 3 or 4 passes blocked by the DL? Some of them were if not sidearm were 3/4. A few others that didn't get knocked down were like that too.

He made some bad throws and even more bad decisions. However, he still looked like a serviceable backup to me, especially considering how little reps he has probably received. He may not be an exceptional back up QB, but if the defense could step up their game and play like their super star QB is out, Tolzien would at least give the Packers a chance. That's about as much as you can hope for with your back up QB, most of the time.
play2win on 11/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#27 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 9:21:39 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 213
Applause Received: 269

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
Datone Jones will pick up another sack or two this day as well.

I'd like to pat myself on the back for predicting that one. Dancing

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#28 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 10:22:59 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
He made some bad throws and even more bad decisions. However, he still looked like a serviceable backup to me, especially considering how little reps he has probably received. He may not be an exceptional back up QB, but if the defense could step up their game and play like their super star QB is out, Tolzien would at least give the Packers a chance. That's about as much as you can hope for with your back up QB, most of the time.

agreed. I am not complaining about him like I did Wallace. I think he could be a half way decent backup for a few years.

UserPostedImage