Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online texaspackerbacker  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 8:07:29 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

Vince Young ..... B.J. Coleman ..... Graham Harrell

ANY of them I would have more confidence in than Seneca Wallace!

Why oh why oh why did we cut Vince Young and replace him with his over age weak arm too short guy?

I HOPE he proves me wrong/makes me eat these words in the second half of the game, BUT I DOUBT IT!

edit: I should have said any of the four including Tolzien. Tebow? Hell Yeah! Flynn? Yeah, I guess. ANYBODY BUT WALLACE!

edit again: Make that five, including Favre.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline schroeder84  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 9:07:50 PM(UTC)
schroeder84

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Location: Hamilton, Ontario

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 8

No, Seneca Wallace has been better in game action than Graham Harrell ever was for the Pack.
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 9:44:47 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,709
Applause Received: 664

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Vince Young ..... B.J. Coleman ..... Graham Harrell

ANY of them I would have more confidence in than Seneca Wallace!

Why oh why oh why did we cut Vince Young and replace him with his over age weak arm too short guy?

I HOPE he proves me wrong/makes me eat these words in the second half of the game, BUT I DOUBT IT!

edit: I should have said any of the four including Tolzien. Tebow? Hell Yeah! Flynn? Yeah, I guess. ANYBODY BUT WALLACE!

edit again: Make that five, including Favre.


Vince Young is a cross between Randy Moss and Jamarcus Russell.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline steveishere  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 9:46:54 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

VY - NO
Coleman - NO
Harrell - Maybe
Online texaspackerbacker  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 9:49:08 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

CUT SENECA WALLACE! I'd take Jamarcus Russell over him - at least he could throw.

Thank you Ted Thompson for giving us this piece of shit as a backup QB. Harrell wasn't much, but even he was better than Wallace.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 9:51:27 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,709
Applause Received: 664

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
CUT SENECA WALLACE! I'd take Jamarcus Russell over him - at least he could throw.

Thank you Ted Thompson for giving us this piece of sh!t as a backup QB. Harrell wasn't much, but even he was better than Wallace.


I'm more disappointed in Capers than I am in Wallace right now.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline packerfanoutwest  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 9:54:31 PM(UTC)
packerfanoutwest

Rank: 7th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 18

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I'm more disappointed in Capers than I am in Wallace right now.


yup Capers crapped the bed,,,,,time to let him go
Offline rabidgopher04  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 9:59:07 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 127

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I'm more disappointed in Capers than I am in Wallace right now.


Defense was awful tonight. Looking forward to getting Matthews back soon.
Do you like bacon?
Offline macbob  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 10:01:21 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 304
Applause Received: 252

Flynn didn't inspire confidence in the game that Aaron Rodgers got hurt in 2010, but after a week of prep with the starters he had a respectable game against the Patriots.

Given a week of prep, and McCarthy tweaking the game plan for his abilities, I would expect Wallace to do better next week.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 11/4/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 11/4/2013(UTC)
Online texaspackerbacker  
#10 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 10:06:33 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

It's ALL a matter of personnel. Capers has been using tricks and gimmicks because he doesn't have the personnel to just line up and play; The O Line is mediocre - they played way above their heads tonight - damn shame Wallace screwed it up for them and Lacy.

It's ALL on Ted Thompson, though. I said it before, and I'll say it again, other than benefitting by all those other teams passing on Aaron Rodgers, Ted Thompson really has not done a good job of building a team.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline rabidgopher04  
#11 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 10:10:21 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 127

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
It's ALL a matter of personnel. Capers has been using tricks and gimmicks because he doesn't have the personnel to just line up and play; The O Line is mediocre - they played way above their heads tonight - damn shame Wallace screwed it up for them and Lacy.

It's ALL on Ted Thompson, though. I said it before, and I'll say it again, other than benefitting by all those other teams passing on Aaron Rodgers, Ted Thompson really has not done a good job of building a team.


Calm down and go have a beer. Shit happens. 6 more days until the next game.
Do you like bacon?
thanks Post received 3 applause.
nerdmann on 11/4/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 11/4/2013(UTC), sschind on 11/5/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 10:10:26 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,709
Applause Received: 664

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
It's ALL a matter of personnel. Capers has been using tricks and gimmicks because he doesn't have the personnel to just line up and play; The O Line is mediocre - they played way above their heads tonight - damn shame Wallace screwed it up for them and Lacy.

It's ALL on Ted Thompson, though. I said it before, and I'll say it again, other than benefitting by all those other teams passing on Aaron Rodgers, Ted Thompson really has not done a good job of building a team.


We were playing our 5th tackle today. We've lost about a dozen starters.

What other franchise could even field a team, let alone go into this game expecting to win?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 11/4/2013(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#13 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 10:13:05 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
CUT SENECA WALLACE! I'd take Jamarcus Russell over him - at least he could throw.


no he couldn't and neither can Vince Young
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 11/4/2013(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#14 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 10:13:17 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

I say give Tolzien a shot. He has better size, probably even a better arm than Wallace. Wallace was just awkward back there. His height did us no good when it all came down to it.
Offline beast  
#15 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 10:14:42 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320



I find it interesting how it's always blame Capers...


The defense might of played poorly but they only gave up 24 points and that's with missing 3 of the top 4 OLBers, players not making key tackles, CBs that seem to be afraid of going head ot head with the WRs, and the Packers best defense weapon against the Bears (Cutler was injured, so no INTs) which all of that is not the coach's fault.

And Neal and some of the DL where CLEARLY gassed and tired because they offense could get them a rest (nor could Neal really sub out for a rest).

Capers has been using tricks like inside and DB blitzed to force the nickel packages hold up... the Bears were able to plug the middle and the WRs made plays when they blitzed from the outside, simple put the Bears stopped the tricks.


The only things I could see that the Defense might of been able to try (not saying they would of worked, heck these could of been worse than what they tried).


~ Keep the base defense out there for the passing downs and asked Raji and Jolly to pass rush (not sure this is a good idea, they would get even more tired).

~ Ask Datone Jones to play some OLB (personally I thought they should have been getting him some practice snaps there since both Matthews and Perry were down and if he was good (which I think he would be, then get him in the games there).


~ Go to the 4-2-5 and ask some of the DTs to play 4-3 DE to give Neal and the other a breather.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 11/4/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 10:20:08 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,709
Applause Received: 664

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
I find it interesting how it's always blame Capers...


The defense might of played poorly but they only gave up 24 points and that's with missing 3 of the top 4 OLBers, players not making key tackles, CBs that seem to be afraid of going head ot head with the WRs, and the Packers best defense weapon against the Bears (Cutler was injured, so no INTs) which all of that is not the coach's fault.

And Neal and some of the DL where CLEARLY gassed and tired because they offense could get them a rest (nor could Neal really sub out for a rest).

Capers has been using tricks like inside and DB blitzed to force the nickel packages hold up... the Bears were able to plug the middle and the WRs made plays when they blitzed from the outside, simple put the Bears stopped the tricks.


The only things I could see that the Defense might of been able to try (not saying they would of worked, heck these could of been worse than what they tried).


~ Keep the base defense out there for the passing downs and asked Raji and Jolly to pass rush (not sure this is a good idea, they would get even more tired).

~ Ask Datone Jones to play some OLB (personally I thought they should have been getting him some practice snaps there since both Matthews and Perry were down and if he was good (which I think he would be, then get him in the games there).


~ Go to the 4-2-5 and ask some of the DTs to play 4-3 DE to give Neal and the other a breather.


I'm always defending the D, blaming everything on Mike and Aaron's stat whoring.

But the D shit themselves today, right when we needed them to step up. Disappointing.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#17 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 10:27:42 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
I find it interesting how it's always blame Capers...


The defense might of played poorly but they only gave up 24 points and that's with missing 3 of the top 4 OLBers, players not making key tackles, CBs that seem to be afraid of going head ot head with the WRs, and the Packers best defense weapon against the Bears (Cutler was injured, so no INTs) which all of that is not the coach's fault.

And Neal and some of the DL where CLEARLY gassed and tired because they offense could get them a rest (nor could Neal really sub out for a rest).

Capers has been using tricks like inside and DB blitzed to force the nickel packages hold up... the Bears were able to plug the middle and the WRs made plays when they blitzed from the outside, simple put the Bears stopped the tricks.


The only things I could see that the Defense might of been able to try (not saying they would of worked, heck these could of been worse than what they tried).


~ Keep the base defense out there for the passing downs and asked Raji and Jolly to pass rush (not sure this is a good idea, they would get even more tired).

~ Ask Datone Jones to play some OLB (personally I thought they should have been getting him some practice snaps there since both Matthews and Perry were down and if he was good (which I think he would be, then get him in the games there).


~ Go to the 4-2-5 and ask some of the DTs to play 4-3 DE to give Neal and the other a breather.


Any qb can gash you if you can't rush the passer. Injuries caught up to us in this game. Palmer and Mulumba are pretty good run defenders, but they can't really rush the passer that well. Neal is struggling in his full time role, hasn't looked the same in some time. We stoped the run pretty damn well early in the game, but since they kept moving the ball passing they pretty much could do anything. If we had one or both Matthews and Perry we have a good chance to win even without Rodgers. I'm not blaming it on anyone, everyone had a bad night except the special teams and Running game. But when you can't convert 3rd downs passing or can't rush the passer you're gonna lose.

I agree with Datone Jones. He's been playing better these past few weeks, they even stood him up a couple times as a spy. They should think about, (like you said) playing snaps for him at OLB.

The strength of this defense is the defensive line, and when you can push them around, you can do things against this defense.
Offline steveishere  
#18 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 10:32:36 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

I think no matter who is playing or injured Capers is good at scheming blitz pressures but completely horrible at scheming coverages. The only time there ever isn't some wide open hole with no defender around for 20 yards is when it's straight man to man across the board and you can't really do that on every play. It's like he just has the d-line play the run and everyone else is just backyard football do whatever you want.
Offline DoddPower  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 12:00:32 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,093
Applause Received: 530

The hate on Ted Thompson is silly. He makes mistakes, and needs to be called on them. Fair enough. But if the Packers were healthy, they would be one of, if not THE best, team in the NFL. Even with all the injuries, they still compete. That's impressive.

It's hard to win games with multiple 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th string players playing. I think the Packers would have won this game even without Rodgers if the rest of the team was still relatively healthy. There's only so much a 53 man roster can endure, and it's officially caught up to the Packers now.
Offline Mr_Bumpy  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 1:30:47 AM(UTC)
Mr_Bumpy

Rank: 7th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 7/16/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 21

The other thing is, the defense was on the field all damn game. The offense couldn't move the ball. Do you really expect the defense to be able to play as long as the Packer defense did and maintain a high level of play?
God's creation made new.
Offline sschind  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 7:20:32 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
The hate on Ted Thompson is silly. He makes mistakes, and needs to be called on them. Fair enough. But if the Packers were healthy, they would be one of, if not THE best, team in the NFL. Even with all the injuries, they still compete. That's impressive.

It's hard to win games with multiple 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th string players playing. I think the Packers would have won this game even without Rodgers if the rest of the team was still relatively healthy. There's only so much a 53 man roster can endure, and it's officially caught up to the Packers now.


All of this is true but the other side is also true. They may have still lost this game even with Rodgers.

No one is giving the Bears any credit for this win and it is one reason why so many Bears fans hate the Packers (and Packers fans) Of course it a fan thing and it applies to every team on both sides of the equation.

The Bears had 2 weeks to prep and they did a great job. Yes, our team played like crap but theirs played very well (besides their run defense)

If I see one more post blaming the refs for missing holding calls I'm going to puke. I saw the Packers get away with quite a few myself. They were letting them play and I liked it.

It was a frustrating loss and the potential loss of Rodgers is even worse but don't make yourselves sound like a bunch of pussies blaming injuries and the refs. Don't forget the bears were down Cutler and Briggs and McCown is not exactly a stellar backup. We sure made him look like one though.

Our team played poorly in most aspects of the game and it hurt but their team played well in most aspects of the game and that hurt just as much and the refs did what refs do in every game. They screw up on both sides of the ball.

Take it like a man. Hell even my 10 year old nephew had enough class not to rub it in.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Online texaspackerbacker  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 7:27:48 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
The hate on Ted Thompson is silly. He makes mistakes, and needs to be called on them. Fair enough. But if the Packers were healthy, they would be one of, if not THE best, team in the NFL. Even with all the injuries, they still compete. That's impressive.

It's hard to win games with multiple 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th string players playing. I think the Packers would have won this game even without Rodgers if the rest of the team was still relatively healthy. There's only so much a 53 man roster can endure, and it's officially caught up to the Packers now.


The hate on Thompson IS justified and long overdue. Yeah, we won games with poor quality personnel - BECAUSE OF AARON RODGERS!

It is inexcusable that he left the Packers with no backup other than this lemon, Wallace - after cutting 3 who would have at least given us a chance even with the sub-standard O Line and the shaky D.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Online texaspackerbacker  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 7:32:18 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
All of this is true but the other side is also true. They may have still lost this game even with Rodgers.

No one is giving the Bears any credit for this win and it is one reason why so many Bears fans hate the Packers (and Packers fans) Of course it a fan thing and it applies to every team on both sides of the equation.

The Bears had 2 weeks to prep and they did a great job. Yes, our team played like crap but theirs played very well (besides their run defense)

If I see one more post blaming the refs for missing holding calls I'm going to puke. I saw the Packers get away with quite a few myself. They were letting them play and I liked it.

It was a frustrating loss and the potential loss of Rodgers is even worse but don't make yourselves sound like a bunch of pussies blaming injuries and the refs. Don't forget the bears were down Cutler and Briggs and McCown is not exactly a stellar backup. We sure made him look like one though.

Our team played poorly in most aspects of the game and it hurt but their team played well in most aspects of the game and that hurt just as much and the refs did what refs do in every game. They screw up on both sides of the ball.

Take it like a man. Hell even my 10 year old nephew had enough class not to rub it in.


If Rodgers hadn't gotten hurt, we would have beaten the damn Bears about 51-27. Yeah, THEIR backup QB played like a pro; Yeah, THEIR O Line got rebuilt in one year from bad to credible, but even on a bad night for our D, we would have outscored them.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline steveishere  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 7:58:50 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
The hate on Thompson IS justified and long overdue. Yeah, we won games with poor quality personnel - BECAUSE OF AARON RODGERS!

It is inexcusable that he left the Packers with no backup other than this lemon, Wallace - after cutting 3 who would have at least given us a chance even with the sub-standard O Line and the shaky D.



That's such a crock of shit. There's not a single team right now that thinks any of those guys is even good enough to be a 3rd string QB.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 11/5/2013(UTC), sschind on 11/5/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
6m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dyeah_gb

8m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11m / Green Bay Packers Talk / polargrizz

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / warhawk

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rios39

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

25-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower