Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sschind  
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 1:54:45 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan said: Go to Quoted Post

You like over/unders...here's a few for you.

How many time will you claim a packer has failed"?

How many time will you claim a Packer has "sh!t shemsives"?

How many time will "bad fundamentals" be the reason a player was beaten or the other team makes a successful play?

Take the over no matter what it is.

sschind  
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:04:53 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker said: Go to Quoted Post
Uh No. The Bears were so stupid that they played the same kind of D - those two safeties 20 or so yards deep - against Wallace that they did against Rodgers for most of the game. When their dumbass D coordinator finally got the message, our running game was shut down.

I hate to say it, but for the first time since before the Favre Era, I will be EXPECTING the Packers to lose - I hope I'm wrong, but if McCarthy stubbornly sticks with that lemon, Wallace, it is just about assured that we will lose. The Eagles will play cautious enough that our D can't win it for us. Knowing Wallace is worthless, they will stack the box and shut down Lacy and Starks. Sorry, but barring a miracle return by Aaron Rodgers or McCarthy going to Tolzien, I just don't see the Packers having a chance.

And if we do lose you will be on here saying I've informed you thusly and if we win you will have some excuse to why it was in spite of Wallace. Wallace will have to have a Matt Flynn vs the Lions type day for you to even consider giving him his due.

I will stop short of saying that you are probably hoping he does poorly because I know you are a Packer fan and I would hope that their success takes precedent over your need to be right on an anonymous internet website but I know you are warming up your I told you sos just in case.

The great thing about being so adamant on the internet is that there is absolutely no way to be held accountable. You (not you specifically but everyone in general) can rant and rave and make all the proclamations you want and if you are wrong, who cares, maybe you admit it maybe you don't but it doesn't stop you from making more.
Pack93z  
#23 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:26:03 PM(UTC)
Here is a big part of why we can and will sustain...
Rockmolder  
#24 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:35:43 PM(UTC)
Yerko said: Go to Quoted Post
Other than that...yes, I am with you. Don't confuse stat whoring and being one of the greatest quarterbacks in the league.

Yeah, it's a ridiculous drum he's been banging for ages.

What does he have to do to not be stat-whoring? Throw it into triple coverage a bit more?

On topic, I don't know if the team will suddenly stand up and do a lot better than they used to. It's one of those things that barely ever happens, yet, seems to quite often, since it gets blown out of proportion. We'll just be decent and that's it.

Let's just see if we can keep around .500 'till Rodgers returns. Seems pretty doable to me with our upcoming schedule.
RaiderPride  
#25 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:43:28 PM(UTC)
You're such a fricken hypocrit.

You were the fisrt and most vocal of anyone as you threw player after player under the bus in Live chat during Monday's game.
Then you come up with your favorite "stat-whoring" comment, which has been proven wrong time and time again, yet you fail to see the ignorance in the statement.

Now it seems you have come up with a new "nerdman favorite" Fundamentals, as if The Packers have been playing out of control, not adhering to basics that they have learned from day 1.

Come Sunday if plays don't go exactly as you think they should, you will once again be the 1st to throw players under the bus, and start whining how this should be done and that should be done.

Now you want everyone to "be with you" like you are the only one who has any confidence in The Packers as a team to grind through this latest setback?

How many time will "bad fundamentals" be the reason a player was beaten or the other team makes a successful play?

Heres my favorite...How many times will you be absolutley wrong when you give your nerdman play by play instant analysis with only a tv view of the game?

Abraham Lincoln could not have penned a more honest and truthful response. I salute you Sir.

User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#26 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:02:37 PM(UTC)
sschind said: Go to Quoted Post
And if we do lose you will be on here saying I've informed you thusly and if we win you will have some excuse to why it was in spite of Wallace. Wallace will have to have a Matt Flynn vs the Lions type day for you to even consider giving him his due.

I will stop short of saying that you are probably hoping he does poorly because I know you are a Packer fan and I would hope that their success takes precedent over your need to be right on an anonymous internet website but I know you are warming up your I told you sos just in case.

The great thing about being so adamant on the internet is that there is absolutely no way to be held accountable. You (not you specifically but everyone in general) can rant and rave and make all the proclamations you want and if you are wrong, who cares, maybe you admit it maybe you don't but it doesn't stop you from making more.

I promise I will eat my words and congratulate Wallace if he does good enough against the Eagles. How much is good enough? If the Packers win and Wallace is a reasonable part of the success - in other words, not playing bad enough to lose the game. OK?

On the other hand, if he is the primary cause for losing - which I expect will happen, you better believe I will be saying I told you so.

As for internet anonymity, if they paid me (in a perfect world hahaha), I'd say exactly the same thing - this and everything else I ever say.

nerdmann  
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:45:18 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder said: Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, it's a ridiculous drum he's been banging for ages.

What does he have to do to not be stat-whoring? Throw it into triple coverage a bit more?

On topic, I don't know if the team will suddenly stand up and do a lot better than they used to. It's one of those things that barely ever happens, yet, seems to quite often, since it gets blown out of proportion. We'll just be decent and that's it.

Let's just see if we can keep around .500 'till Rodgers returns. Seems pretty doable to me with our upcoming schedule.

Well, he could stop passing up open guys underneath in order to throw deep. In doing so, he could stop holding the ball for 8 seconds.

He could develop a willingness to throw Hail Marys at the end of the half, risking an INT on his stat sheet. Shit like that.
nerdmann  
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:50:16 PM(UTC)
Quote:
You're such a fricken hypocrit.

You were the fisrt and most vocal of anyone as you threw player after player under the bus in Live chat during Monday's game.
Then you come up with your favorite "stat-whoring" comment, which has been proven wrong time and time again, yet you fail to see the ignorance in the statement.

Now it seems you have come up with a new "nerdman favorite" Fundamentals, as if The Packers have been playing out of control, not adhering to basics that they have learned from day 1.

Come Sunday if plays don't go exactly as you think they should, you will once again be the 1st to throw players under the bus, and start whining how this should be done and that should be done.

Now you want everyone to "be with you" like you are the only one who has any confidence in The Packers as a team to grind through this latest setback?

Heres my favorite...How many times will you be absolutley wrong when you give your nerdman play by play instant analysis with only a tv view of the game?

Actually I've stated that since all these WRs have been down, they've actually BEEN adhering to fundamentals. Remember the Queens game? Queens D had nothing left. ToP, baby.

Yeah, during games, players often screw up. For instance, in this last game. The D sucked shit. There were many back breaking plays.

As for "being with me," you may or may not. I don't really care. lol Not take your meds. Your'e getting all huffy again.
buckeyepackfan  
#29 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:58:29 PM(UTC)
Dude I'm not huffy, just trying to help you not look like a fool.

Whatever, you obviously played the game at a high level, then you must have coached, since you seem to see things that nobody else ever does.

Rockmolder  
#30 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 5:07:15 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Well, he could stop passing up open guys underneath in order to throw deep. In doing so, he could stop holding the ball for 8 seconds.

He could develop a willingness to throw Hail Marys at the end of the half, risking an INT on his stat sheet. sh!t like that.

Why on earth are you censoring the word shit in the least effective way you could?

Anyway, if anything, having a high completion rate ups your stats, doesn't it? Or is he only stat-whoring for yards? I feel like you have some inside knowledge on this or something.

Also, how often have you sat in your chair, thinking it was the perfect time for a hail mary? I'm convinced that he does it when the game is on the line. At halftime, I'm also pretty sure that he isn't the one who fully decides whether they take a knee, throw one into the endzone or kick a field goal.

While I agree that sometimes it is a bit annoying that he misses a wide open guy in the flat and just heaves another one downfield, I don't see how you've come to the conclusion that it's for stat whoring purposes. Seems like a thing you do regurarly, draw conclusions that have no factual (or even reasonable at times) basis and just run with them.

EDIT: Ah, the whole shit censoring thing is automatic. Sorry for that one.
nerdmann  
#31 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 5:18:46 PM(UTC)
Why on earth are you censoring the word sh!t in the least effective way you could?

Anyway, if anything, having a high completion rate ups your stats, doesn't it? Or is he only stat-whoring for yards? I feel like you have some inside knowledge on this or something.

Also, how often have you sat in your chair, thinking it was the perfect time for a hail mary? I'm convinced that he does it when the game is on the line. At halftime, I'm also pretty sure that he isn't the one who fully decides whether they take a knee, throw one into the endzone or kick a field goal.

While I agree that sometimes it is a bit annoying that he misses a wide open guy in the flat and just heaves another one downfield, I don't see how you've come to the conclusion that it's for stat whoring purposes. Seems like a thing you do regurarly, draw conclusions that have no factual (or even reasonable at times) basis and just run with them.

EDIT: Ah, the whole sh!t censoring thing is automatic. Sorry for that one.

It seems to me that Mike and Aaron are obsessed with breaking Favre's records. They want YARDS. They want chunks of yards, and they want to score fast, so they have more opportunities to get more yards.

They've been playing more fundamentally sound of late, though.
Rockmolder  
#32 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 5:44:47 PM(UTC)
It seems to me that Mike and Aaron are obsessed with breaking Favre's records. They want YARDS. They want chunks of yards, and they want to score fast, so they have more opportunities to get more yards.

I don't see how it's more reasonable to you that Mike and Aaron are a duo of Scooby-doo like villians who are on a quest to be superior to Brett and want to show that by means of breaking a passing record, than it being a flaw in Aaron's game, always looking deep and missing the short completion.

You're implying they might be hurting the entire team so they can stick it to Brett. That they won a Super Bowl, not playing to the top of their abilities, but while trying to amass as many pass yards as possible.

If anything, that game against a ridiculously porous Lions defense, the one that Flynn absolutely lit up, shows that it's not about the yards and stats. Aaron could've had Brady's record there, could've gone over 5000 yards and he sat it out.
DoddPower  
#33 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:24:50 PM(UTC)
I don't see how it's more reasonable to you that Mike and Aaron are a duo of Scooby-doo like villians who are on a quest to be superior to Brett and want to show that by means of breaking a passing record, than it being a flaw in Aaron's game, always looking deep and missing the short completion.

You're implying they might be hurting the entire team so they can stick it to Brett. That they won a Super Bowl, not playing to the top of their abilities, but while trying to amass as many pass yards as possible.

If anything, that game against a ridiculously porous Lions defense, the one that Flynn absolutely lit up, shows that it's not about the yards and stats. Aaron could've had Brady's record there, could've gone over 5000 yards and he sat it out.

Nerdmann defies all logic and facts and convinces himself that his ludicrous opinions are reality. Don't feed the beast, because it's just what it is.
nerdmann  
#34 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:24:50 PM(UTC)

Two years before that, he could have had Dickey's record. He went until he hit Favre's record, then he sat.

It just seems to me that, until around week 10, Mike and Aaron are racking up stats. Once the playoff race heats up, they start to get more serious.

You know how Aaron takes everything as a personal Sleight, right? Chip on his shoulder and all that? You don't think that Favre situation effected him?
buckeyepackfan  
#35 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:38:45 PM(UTC)

...........PLAYER...................ttl yds YAC....yds per catch

102 Jermichael Finley....... 300.....235
103 Jordy Nelson..............716.... 223
104 Randall Cobb.............378.... 177
105 James Jones..............366.....177
106 Jarrett Boykin GB.......250.....110
107 Eddie Lacy...................78.......98
108 James Starks...............44.......53
109 Myles White.................52......43
110 Andrew Quarless.........75......38
111 Johnathan Franklin......30......28
112 John Kuhn...................24......24
.....................................2,313...1206.....52% YAC

I posted this for you a couple weeks ago, trying to get you to realize you are seeing something that is not there.
At the time the YAC was 48% of ttl ydg, now it is 52%, that does include last weeks game so there is a 100 or so yds that belong to Senaca.

http://www.sportingchart...ds-after-the-catch/2013/
nerdmann  
#36 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:46:36 PM(UTC)
...........PLAYER...................ttl yds YAC....yds per catch

102 Jermichael Finley....... 300.....235
103 Jordy Nelson..............716.... 223
104 Randall Cobb.............378.... 177
105 James Jones..............366.....177
106 Jarrett Boykin GB.......250.....110
107 Eddie Lacy...................78.......98
108 James Starks...............44.......53
109 Myles White.................52......43
110 Andrew Quarless.........75......38
111 Johnathan Franklin......30......28
112 John Kuhn...................24......24
.....................................2,313...1206.....52% YAC

I posted this for you a couple weeks ago, trying to get you to realize you are seeing something that is not there.
At the time the YAC was 48% of ttl ydg, now it is 52%, that does include last weeks game so there is a 100 or so yds that belong to Senaca.

http://www.sportingchart...ds-after-the-catch/2013/

So you're finally admitting I was right?
buckeyepackfan  
#37 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:54:36 PM(UTC)
So you're finally admitting I was right?

Are You fricken insane? over half of Aarons ttl ydg has come after the catch. The same goes for 2012.......4177 ttl ydg. 2092 YAC 50.2%

Do you not understand that Aaron is NOT firing the ball down the field all the time, stat -whoring as you call it.
Oh hell nevermind, YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!

http://www.sportingchart...rodgers/#Passing%20Yards$GameType=279588574&SeasonMax=9999&SeasonMin=1990

lLook at it avg yds per catch 8.5. I hate brining up actual stats, just to make you look foolish, but since you don't seem to understand anything else.
nerdmann  
#38 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:00:12 PM(UTC)
Are You fricken insane? over half of Aarons ttl ydg has come after the catch. The same goes for 2012.......4177 ttl ydg. 2092 YAC 50.2%

Do you not understand that Aaron is NOT firing the ball down the field all the time, stat -whoring as you call it.
Oh hell nevermind, YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!

http://www.sportingchart...rodgers/#Passing%20Yards$GameType=279588574&SeasonMax=9999&SeasonMin=1990

lLook at it avg yds per catch 8.5. I hate brining up actual stats, just to make you look foolish, but since you don't seem to understand anything else.

According to your post, YAC increased recently. That would coincide with throwing shorter, due to the injury situation.

Just because Aaron's throwing deep, doesn't mean Jordy and the boys are gonna fall down as soon as they catch the ball. Hell, even Finley hasn't been doing that. lol
steveishere  
#39 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:36:25 PM(UTC)
Rodgers has thrown a higher % of passes 20+ yards this year than he did in 2011.
buckeyepackfan  
#40 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:44:43 PM(UTC)
According to your post, YAC increased recently. That would coincide with throwing shorter, due to the injury situation.

Just because Aaron's throwing deep, doesn't mean Jordy and the boys are gonna fall down as soon as they catch the ball. Hell, even Finley hasn't been doing that. lol

I tried to make you see what a dumbass statement you are making in stat-whoring, but of course YOU REFUSE TO BELIEVE HARD NUMBERS.

Glad I don't live in your world.

Really has to be a scary place at times.
Rss Feed