Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:18:44 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 90

JerseyAl wrote:
I feel like I’m listening to a broken record. Except when this record plays, it’s only after the Green Bay Packers lose a game. For some strange reason, I never hear this record after wins. So it’s been a while that this song has played. The Packers won four straight games before losing to the [...]

Take a look at the following names for a moment:

1. Nick Perry
  2. Derek Sherrod
  3. Bryan Bulaga
  4. B.J. Raji
  5. Clay Matthews
  6. A.J. Hawk
  7. Aaron Rodgers

Figure out the common thread yet?
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Porforis  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:09:51 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Don't forget about WINNING games without Cobb and Jones for what, two weeks? And Finley for a week and a half?
UserPostedImage
Online wpr  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:53:20 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,923
Applause Received: 1,416

injuries happen. That is nobody's fault (unless it is due to not properly stretching. ;)
Not having the proper backups when injuries occur can be Uncle Teddy's fault. The disclaimer is you can have quality backups 4 deep at every position. They do need depth at the the key positions. QB is certainly one of the key spots. Ted has failed monumentally here. Has for years but it didn't bite him in the butt until now.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Porforis  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:09:02 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
injuries happen. That is nobody's fault (unless it is due to not properly stretching. ;)
Not having the proper backups when injuries occur can be Uncle Teddy's fault. The disclaimer is you can have quality backups 4 deep at every position. They do need depth at the the key positions. QB is certainly one of the key spots. Ted has failed monumentally here. Has for years but it didn't bite him in the butt until now.

Losing one game with a backup QB that was not lost exclusively because of the backup QB != Monumental failure. Give Seneca at least a full (shorter due to the Monday night game) week with the starters before proclaiming failure.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 11/7/2013(UTC)
Online wpr  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:32:50 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Losing one game with a backup QB that was not lost exclusively because of the backup QB != Monumental failure. Give Seneca at least a full (shorter due to the Monday night game) week with the starters before proclaiming failure.

It is my opinion. I am waiting to see if I am right (I hope not.) or wrong. I don't have to wait 3,4,5 weeks before I give my opinion.

UserPostedImage

Offline nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:05:16 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,508
Applause Received: 629

WHAT!?

Ted has failed monumentally to stock this team with depth!? LOL

Dumbest thing I've ever seen on this site.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 11/7/2013(UTC), DakotaT on 11/7/2013(UTC)
Online wpr  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:07:25 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
WHAT!?

Ted has failed monumentally to stock this team with depth!? LOL

Dumbest thing I've ever seen on this site.

can you read nermann? I was talking about the QB position.

UserPostedImage

Offline sschind  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 1:49:04 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 416

I'm not sure if I like the idea of blaming injuries. Its like blaming the refs. Acknowledge your teams failure on the field and move on.

The Bears were without Cutler and Briggs and Melton and a few other guys and they won the game.

All teams have injuries and while it is great to win despite them blaming them for losses is not much more than whining and making up excuses and we all know how much we hate it when fans of other team whine and make up excuses.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 1:59:07 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 297
Applause Received: 420

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure if I like the idea of blaming injuries. Its like blaming the refs. Acknowledge your teams failure on the field and move on.

The Bears were without Cutler and Briggs and Melton and a few other guys and they won the game.

All teams have injuries and while it is great to win despite them blaming them for losses is not much more than whining and making up excuses and we all know how much we hate it when fans of other team whine and make up excuses.

The one flaw with your injury statement about The Bears is that it was probably a + for them that Cutler missed The Packers game, given his history against The Pack. Laughing Laughing

He is always good for 2 or 3 picks when Playing The Packers.

I do agree there is no sense in whining about injuries, not gonna change a thing.

Just gonna support the guys who are on the field this week and hope they have enough to win.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:36:27 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,508
Applause Received: 629

can you read nermann? I was talking about the QB position.

I like Seneca better than Harrell.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Cheesey  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:43:58 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 173
Applause Received: 380

That's like saying "i like getting kicked in the left testicle instead of the right one".
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 4 applause.
buckeyepackfan on 11/7/2013(UTC), TheKanataThrilla on 11/7/2013(UTC), wpr on 11/7/2013(UTC), Yerko on 11/8/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:02:27 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 416

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
The one flaw with your injury statement about The Bears is that it was probably a + for them that Cutler missed The Packers game, given his history against The Pack. Laughing Laughing

He is always good for 2 or 3 picks when Playing The Packers.

Yeah, I thought of that. He was probably ready to play
last Sunday and Tressman looked at his record against the Packers and said why don't you sit this one out.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline DoddPower  
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:09:12 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,979
Applause Received: 478

Ted's never been anywhere near perfect, nor has any other GM. However, I still wouldn't trade him for many other GM's in the NFL. The guy consistently puts a unit together that has a chance to win every week, and was looking like a true Super Bowl contender before Rodgers went down. That's the results of a very good general manager.

If Aaron Rodgers can come back healthy relatively soon and the Packers squeak into the playoffs (which will probably be the case), the Packers will be poised to make a deep run, and could very likely win another Super Bowl. It could be better, sure, but other than the injuries, it's hard to complain. There's not many teams, if any, I'd rather have than the Packers, especially now that it has one of the best rushing attacks in the league.
Online wpr  
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 9:18:49 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

So one sucky QB replacing another sucky QB gets kudos from you?

UserPostedImage

Offline texaspackerbacker  
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 9:53:12 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 420
Applause Received: 251

My contention is that the Packers overall other than QB are a well below average team. Ted Thompson made them that way. Aaron Rodgers made up for a whole lot of mediocrity - O Line, much of the defense, RB until this season, etc.

You could say that Thompson was delinquent and got away with it having Harrell as the backup. However, instead of upgrading, he severely downgraded with Seneca Wallace - and make no mistake, Wallace is total crap even compared to Harrell.

I would love to find out Sunday afternoon that I'm wrong, and Seneca Wallace is capable of a decent game, but I just don't think that is possible. All the practice reps, all the designer gameplanning, etc. ain't gonna make up for his non-NFL arm, his lack of height, and his lack of speed - supposedly his only strength, but it sure didn't look that way.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.