Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:58:14 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,918
Applause Received: 1,412

JSOnline wrote:
A Green Bay Packer defense that averaged 26 interceptions the past four seasons has accumulated three through nine games.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Sponsor
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:26:56 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,498
Applause Received: 625

I honestly think this will come. It's become something of a jinx with these guys.

The INTs are there for the taking, they're just not getting them. Tramon should have had a couple this past week. I think his skills are beginning to decline. That's gonna help Ted in his decision making process this offseason, when it comes time to clear some cap space.

Also, Hayward's been out with that f*cking hammy.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:29:29 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Well, these last 7 games could be very telling in the INT department. If they turn on the fawcett and start to get picks in bunches through the remainder of the season, it would go a very long way come playoff time, should we get in. Cranking up the picks would help us to get there, help us steal some wins to get us there.

We are in a real predicament here, and the picks have to come if we are to make the playoffs. If we do get in, I would assume a big part of that would be the Packers secondary turning this around. Good luck guys! I'd love to see it.

Nerdmann, let's hope Tramon turns that around through the remainder of the season and makes Ted's choice a difficult one.

I'm not giving up on Hayward either. He had 6 INTs and 21 PDs last season. This year he has 0 INTs and 0 PDs. He started last season a bit slow too, with 0 and 1 through his first 3 games. Maybe he lights it up when he gets his wheels back under him.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/12/2013(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:50:24 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 360

It isn't uncommon to see a DB not make a pick like Tramon did Sunday, one through his hands and the other while colliding with Burnett. It happens, as they say, if they could catch they would be WR. But what I want, is for them to be in position to make these types of plays on the ball. If they are, than they will get some INTs. I haven't seen them in position to attempt plays on the ball as often as I remember in the past.

I can live with low or even NO INTs as long as they are in position and making plays. 10 INTs don't help if they give up 20 TDs.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:07:43 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,498
Applause Received: 625

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Well, these last 7 games could be very telling in the INT department. If they turn on the fawcett and start to get picks in bunches through the remainder of the season, it would go a very long way come playoff time, should we get in. Cranking up the picks would help us to get there, help us steal some wins to get us there.

We are in a real predicament here, and the picks have to come if we are to make the playoffs. If we do get in, I would assume a big part of that would be the Packers secondary turning this around. Good luck guys! I'd love to see it.

Nerdmann, let's hope Tramon turns that around through the remainder of the season and makes Ted's choice a difficult one.

I'm not giving up on Hayward either. He had 6 INTs and 21 PDs last season. This year he has 0 INTs and 0 PDs. He started last season a bit slow too, with 0 and 1 through his first 3 games. Maybe he lights it up when he gets his wheels back under him.

Hayward re-pulled his hammy this week. lol
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online cheeseheads123  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:46:44 AM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 66
Applause Received: 103

Ed Reed was just cut. Would he be an upgrade over Jennings?
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:57:02 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 922

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 Go to Quoted Post
Ed Reed was just cut. Would he be an upgrade over Jennings?

Possibly but he's not worth his contract. Reed has looked pretty bad this year (really not any better than Jennings) and someone still may claim him on waivers. If the money was right I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a shot since a new team/system may help but he's not worth much.
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:18:21 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

What has caused the turnovers the most though? WHEN WE BLITZ!

I just want Dom to bring more exotic blitzes back. The turnovers will come if we confuse the opposing quarterback.

Yes we do get beat sometimes for big plays if we blitz, but I don't see the difference in just trying to see us cover and rush 4 and still get beat.... We need to try to cause turnovers, and not wait and see if it happens.

What will help this defense:

- Put Hyde in the slot and blitz him from time to time on both sides of the field. He'll solve our tackling problem.

- Put Tramon opposite of Shields were he belongs. Sub him out with House on third downs.

- Mix up formations. Teams take advantage of our Nickel formation, don't use that every play.

- Man up with a spy. Use Clay and Datone as spys. Let's face it Clay isn't effective with one hand. But if you use him other ways than rushing the passer he can be. His hand might be gone, but his athleticism isn't.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:54:22 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 360

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
What has caused the turnovers the most though? WHEN WE BLITZ!

I just want Dom to bring more exotic blitzes back. The turnovers will come if we confuse the opposing quarterback.

Yes we do get beat sometimes for big plays if we blitz, but I don't see the difference in just trying to see us cover and rush 4 and still get beat.... We need to try to cause turnovers, and not wait and see if it happens.

What will help this defense:

- Put Hyde in the slot and blitz him from time to time on both sides of the field. He'll solve our tackling problem.

- Put Tramon opposite of Shields were he belongs. Sub him out with House on third downs.

- Mix up formations. Teams take advantage of our Nickel formation, don't use that every play.

- Man up with a spy. Use Clay and Datone as spys. Let's face it Clay isn't effective with one hand. But if you use him other ways than rushing the passer he can be. His hand might be gone, but his athleticism isn't.

Thing is, there are only so many options. There is really nothing done by any team that hasn't been seen a thousand times before. we can't blitz from any new position. Only can confuse the oline to get a free defender, or make them adjust giving us what should be a favorable matchup.

Tramon has actually been pretty solid in the slot. He has gotten sacks, and has been solid in run support and tackling. Keep House and Shields on the edges where they belong.

Base, nickel, dime which ever defense is determined by the offense. If they have more WR, we need more DBs on the field. Unless we want Neal covering the slot.

Clay should be kept off until he can defend himself. He needs to get that club down to a manageable size, where it can be formed to resemble the shape of a hand.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:46:13 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 420
Applause Received: 250

I know this ain't gonna go over too good with a lot of people, but I really think LUCK has a lot to do with it. We have had a LOT of near misses. Rather than blame the guys coming close, I prefer to think that things will get better just by that LUCK starting to even out.

The other factor, as I see it - and I suppose a lot of people ain't gonna like this either, is the Packers not taking early and large leads this year, forcing opponents to do more passing. And why is that? A large part of the reason is Packer emphasis this year on a running game and ball control. Let Aaron be Aaron - when he comes back; Use Lacy as a threat and as a change of pace; Pass approximately as much as previous seasons and generously on early downs. THAT will result in more scoring, early leads, opponents forced to play catch-up, and MORE INTERCEPTIONS by our secondary.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline dhazer  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:03:36 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 195

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Possibly but he's not worth his contract. Reed has looked pretty bad this year (really not any better than Jennings) and someone still may claim him on waivers. If the money was right I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a shot since a new team/system may help but he's not worth much.

Actually if he clears waivers I would be very happy to sign him. He would be going back to the 3-4 defense like in Baltimore and his leadership is something we are lacking on that defense.

But I don't see Ted Thompson going for him
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline DoddPower  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:06:57 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,973
Applause Received: 473

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
Actually if he clears waivers I would be very happy to sign him. He would be going back to the 3-4 defense like in Baltimore and his leadership is something we are lacking on that defense.

But I don't see Ted Thompson going for him

Why would he? He sucks. He has been outplayed by a rookie.