Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Below is a video compilation of the moments after he was shot.

http://content.time.com/time/video/player/0,32068,2832883712001_null,00.html 

Some conspiracies say his assassination was orchestrated by the Government. Why though?

UserPostedImage
OlHoss1884
10 years ago
The best theory I ever heard was written in a book called "Fatal Error". Some points in the book have been debunked, but these were ones the author admits he was speculating on and were outside his area of expertise.

The guy who wrote it was a ballistics expert and marksman who was one of like 3 guys who were able to duplicate what was alleged to have been Oswald's shots, and he began researching before he was to be interviewed on CBS.

Long story short, the second shot, the one that blew off the back of the President's head, was fired accidentally from the AR-15 carried by the Secret Service in the car behind Kennedy when it lurched forward after the first shot from Oswald.

All of the cover up appears to have been to protect the agent, whose shot was believed to have been the one that actually killed the President (actually the first shot, which severed his spine would have been fatal anyway)

I have yet to hear any better theory and I recommend the book if you get a chance to read it as the ballistics part of it, at least, makes a lot of sense.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

The best theory I ever heard was written in a book called "Fatal Error". Some points in the book have been debunked, but these were ones the author admits he was speculating on and were outside his area of expertise.

The guy who wrote it was a ballistics expert and marksman who was one of like 3 guys who were able to duplicate what was alleged to have been Oswald's shots, and he began researching before he was to be interviewed on CBS.

Long story short, the second shot, the one that blew off the back of the President's head, was fired accidentally from the AR-15 carried by the Secret Service in the car behind Kennedy when it lurched forward after the first shot from Oswald.

All of the cover up appears to have been to protect the agent, whose shot was believed to have been the one that actually killed the President (actually the first shot, which severed his spine would have been fatal anyway)

I have yet to hear any better theory and I recommend the book if you get a chance to read it as the ballistics part of it, at least, makes a lot of sense.

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 

That story was featured a couple of weeks ago in a special on REELZ cable channel. I don't really buy it, though. The agent would have been standing then falling back just half a street width from huge crowds along the curb. It's almost inconceivable that nobody would have noticed. Also, and more significantly, that "blowing off the back of Kennedy's head" - evidenced by Jackie trying to climb to the trunk to retrieve a piece - just couldn't have come from a shot from behind (IMO).

There were SO-O-O many people/forces with strong motives to off Kennedy: Castro in revenge for assassination attempts on him. anti-Castro Cubans for Kennedy's failure to provide air and other support for the Bay of Pigs, the CIA for the same reason as well as Kennedy's leftist tendencies in general, the Chicago mob because of Kennedy messing around with Giancana's gf, Marilyn Monroe, but strongest of all, IMO, the guy with the home field advantage - LBJ who gave up his position as most powerful man in Congress to be VP, then was completely ignored and ostracized by the Kennedys.

There is a Clue Game-like rumor around my city here, Killeen, TX,: Ted Connell on the Grassy Knoll with a Deer Rifle. Ted Connell, a local car dealer here, dead now, was LBJ's "fixer". If there was a dirty job that needed doing, he did it. If you go to Dallas, the scene of the crime, you can see the great cover and at the same time, relative isolation in that Grassy Knoll area, with an easy exit route to the rear. There are also numerous rumors of possible witnesses dying or disappearing mysteriously.

I doubt we will ever know for sure.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Cheesey
10 years ago
I was only 6 years old when he was killed. I still remember it vividly, as my Dad was packing up the car to go deer hunting when the president was killed. I was standing in the kitchen, and my Mom was crying. My Dad said "If you want me to stay home, I will." And Mom told him "No, you go. There's nothing you can do here." And he went hunting.
It's something how you remember something like that at such a young age.

We will never know who might have been involved in the assassination, if anyone other then Oswald was.
UserPostedImage
OlHoss1884
10 years ago
I think part of what has fueled the fire of conspiracy over the years (aside from the obvious Jack Ruby involvement that is just weird) is that the Warren commission and the later follow up (1975 as I recall) were both such poorly managed whitewashes (a Congressional hearing done half-assed to no good result? Imagine THAT happening).

Even at the highest level, where we'd expect to have the most thorough investigation of the most high profile murder in the century, the government was sloppy and in a hurry to direct the public eye away from the investigation. How could that NOT lead to more conspiracy theory?

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago

There is a Clue Game-like rumor around my city here, Killeen, TX

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Wasn't there a Packer player from Killeen?
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Wasn't there a Packer player from Killeen?

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Not that I know of. The biggest name from here is Tommie Harris, formerly of the Bears. He went to high school with my daughter.

Peanut Tillman of the Bears and of course RGIII came from Copperas Cove - the next town over. Griffin's little brother played soccer with my grandson.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.