Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 6:44:21 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 432
Applause Received: 255

There seems to be a mood of impending doom in here - a clear lack of positivity.

The season is NOT lost, and certainly this Giants game is not lost.

Once Aaron Rodgers comes back, we absolutely should run the table, but with Tolzien at QB, we should be able to use a fairly normal Packer gameplan. The problems of our D should be a lot less glaring against Eli and whoever is running the ball for them, as well as against Ponder and the Vikings. Hopefully Rodgers is back for the Lions, but if not, there is still a chance, and even with a loss, we are not out of the playoffs. A win against the Lions, and I could even see a first round bye - New Orleans have the tough part of its schedule ahead, and the NFC East leader certainly not having a good record.

I will go out on a limb right now and predict we win the division, sit for a week, then beat the Saints at Lambeau, then go to Seattle and kick ass. Peyton in the Super Bowl scares me more than K.C., but if we get there, we will handle either one.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
dhazer on 11/15/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline DakotaT  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 8:14:37 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
There seems to be a mood of impending doom in here - a clear lack of positivity.

The season is NOT lost, and certainly this Giants game is not lost.

Once Aaron Rodgers comes back, we absolutely should run the table, but with Tolzien at QB, we should be able to use a fairly normal Packer gameplan. The problems of our D should be a lot less glaring against Eli and whoever is running the ball for them, as well as against Ponder and the Vikings. Hopefully Rodgers is back for the Lions, but if not, there is still a chance, and even with a loss, we are not out of the playoffs. A win against the Lions, and I could even see a first round bye - New Orleans have the tough part of its schedule ahead, and the NFC East leader certainly not having a good record.

I will go out on a limb right now and predict we win the division, sit for a week, then beat the Saints at Lambeau, then go to Seattle and kick ass. Peyton in the Super Bowl scares me more than K.C., but if we get there, we will handle either one.

Rolling On The Floor Laughing Rolling On The Floor Laughing Rolling On The Floor Laughing

Apparently you missed how poorly our defense has been playing - and we're going to beat the Saints? Go get your meds checked, buddy!

UserPostedImage
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 8:44:21 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 345
Applause Received: 422

If I was Drew Brees I'd be salivating at the prospect of facing this defense. I can just see it now with Brees and Graham destroying this team over the middle time and time again as AJ Hawk or whoever can't keep up in coverage. I can see McMillian and Jennings looking lost on each play there on the field as Brees targets them all game long. Then after the game we'll get the same excuses from Dom We tried to make adjustments. Uh we tried double teaming Graham but didn't execute. We played zone and tried man to man but uh we didn't execute. We tried blitzing but we didn't execute blah blah blah

May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DakotaT on 11/15/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 11/16/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 8:48:45 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,555
Applause Received: 640

I'm pretty confident they'll get the defense fixed.

It's not like guys are getting beat, they're just out of position. There have been "miscommunications" in our dbacks for YEARS.

This D was playing very well earlier in the year. I think they can get back to that.

Pretty confident we still beat the Queens. We definitely have a shot against the Giants too. In fact I think we'll pull it out.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DakotaT  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 8:51:33 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
If I was Drew Brees I'd be salivating at the prospect of facing this defense. I can just see it now with Brees and Graham destroying this team over the middle time and time again as AJ Hawk or whoever can't keep up in coverage. I can see McMillian and Jennings looking lost on each play there on the field as Brees targets them all game long. Then after the game we'll get the same excuses from Dom We tried to make adjustments. Uh we tried double teaming Graham but didn't execute. We played zone and tried man to man but uh we didn't execute. We tried blitzing but we didn't execute blah blah blah

Yes, an objective look at our sucky play of late. Watch out though, you may have your chestnuts roasted by an Ohioan.

I'm looking forward to the a great draft position this year, so we can get a safety, inside linebacker, and a center - and we'll put this MASH season to rest - all without slashing our collective wrists of course.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra on 11/15/2013(UTC)
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 8:56:48 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 345
Applause Received: 422

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Yes, an objective look at our sucky play of late. Watch out though, you may have your chestnuts roasted by an Ohioan.

I'm looking forward to the a great draft position this year, so we can get a safety, inside linebacker, and a center - and we'll put this MASH season to rest - all without slashing our collective wrists of course.

Totally forgot I can just see Brees being rushed on 3 and a mile with only 2 guys only dump it off to Sproles and watch him scamper for a first down over the middle as Jennings or Jones or whoever misses a tackle.

Unfortunately there's only one safety (Clinton-Dix) really worth taking in the top half of the draft and I've seen different mocks with the Ravens, Rams and Bills taking him.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 9:01:10 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

The defense will show improvement. MARK IT DOWN!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DakotaT  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 9:05:37 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post

Unfortunately there's only one safety (Clinton-Dix) really worth taking in the top half of the draft and I've seen different mocks with the Ravens, Rams and Bills taking him.

I guess we're SOL then and stuck with our DumDums who can't read a defense, make a tackle, or cover a TE or receiver. We were suppose to be set for a decade with Collins and Burnett - I think it's time for a free agent signing. f*ck the draft and develop at safety, we failed.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 9:09:10 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post

Quit talking out your ass - you're losing cool points. Big Grin I'm thinking Mucky and Yooper need to join the club. They seem to have the stuff we look for.

Edited by user Friday, November 15, 2013 9:45:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 9:18:54 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,965
Applause Received: 1,429

I'm pretty confident they'll get the defense fixed.

It's not like guys are getting beat, they're just out of position. There have been "miscommunications" in our dbacks for YEARS.

This D was playing very well earlier in the year. I think they can get back to that.

Pretty confident we still beat the Queens. We definitely have a shot against the Giants too. In fact I think we'll pull it out.

This just in- being out of position= getting beat.

If they can't do any worse they have to show improvement. But that may not really mean a whole lot. Just a different level of sucky.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 9:35:26 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,965
Applause Received: 1,429

I guess we're SOL then and stuck with our DumDums who can't read a defense, make a tackle, or cover a TE or receiver. We were suppose to be set for a decade with Collins and Burnett - I think it's time for a free agent signing. f*ck the draft and develop at safety, we failed.

There are still a few S available in the 2nd round. They seem to have the same size and speed of Clinton-Dix. Collins was the 19th pick in the 2nd round and he grew into a pretty decent player. IF GB doesn't turn it around that is about where they will be picking in 2014.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 9:44:30 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
There are still a few S available in the 2nd round. They seem to have the same size and speed of Clinton-Dix. Collins was the 19th pick in the 2nd round and he grew into a pretty decent player. IF GB doesn't turn it around that is about where they will be picking in 2014.

How many more years of our future HOF quarterback's career do we need to waste? I've seen this movie before, only it was being pissed away by an offensive line coach somehow over promoted to head coach/GM. Now we have a stubborn GM, who by the luck of a little timely football has a super bowl trophy, but I don't see another one coming unless we patch up some holes.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 11/16/2013(UTC), wpr on 11/16/2013(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#13 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 10:02:22 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 432
Applause Received: 255

Our D got exposed by an up and coming good team in the Eagles. The Bears, I can't really explain. Maybe McCown is better than I and others give him credit for.

There's not a team we can't outscore when we have Aaron Rodgers. That includes the Saints. If we lose to the Lions and have to go the Wildcard route, it will be difficult to beat them in their dome, but not impossible. However, if we win the division, there is reasonable hope that we will have a better record and face them outdoors at Lambeau - where they are eminently more beatable.

Besides, I still have confidence in Capers' ability to devise solutions to at least slow down various offenses - especially when Rodgers is playing and we can score to the extreme.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline hardrocker950  
#14 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 10:33:43 PM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Applause Given: 66
Applause Received: 74

I have tried to stay optimistic, but when the defense keeps sh*tting the bed - I don't see a SB very likely. Ted needs to quit being a baby about free agency and trades, get the guys you need man!

Bottom line - this team has a bigger list of needs than most want to admit. First off - they need a damn safety that can cover and tackle! Secondary needs to capitalize on turnover opportunities and challenge receivers off the snap. Capers needs to either get his sh*t together or get the f*ck out! OL needs to have better pass protection. D needs to generate more pressure consistantly. Guys need to stay healthy - new strength and conditioning staff may be the place to look. Coaching staff needs to playcall according to what is working, or what gives the offense the best chance to make a play. D needs to learn how to tackle. Tramon needs to learn how to catch. Crosby needs to be more consistant from 40+ (this being more recent.) Secondary needs to play more man coverage, less zone.

With these problems (and those were off the top of my head in no particular order) do you honestly see this team going all the way? Unless 3/4 of this stuff gets sorted out, it is very unlikely. Just being realistic.
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
Mucky Tundra on 11/16/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 6:25:28 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Quit talking out your ass - you're losing cool points. Big Grin I'm thinking Mucky and Yooper need to join the club. They seem to have the stuff we look for.

The dbacks sh*t themselves regularly like this. In fact it might be Burnett trying to free lance to cover other peoples' asses. I don't know. But they usually pull themselves together to some degree.

Time to do so.