Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 9:05:12 AM(UTC)
Shouldn't have surprised me but this did.

Zero2Cool attached the following image(s):
2013wr.png (28kb) downloaded 101 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 9:11:25 AM(UTC)
Yeah, we have very good WRs. So do a lot of other teams. I would say ours, when healthy, are in the top 8 or 10 teams in the league. Better than that? I doubt it.
cheeseheads123  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 10:12:23 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker said: Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, we have very good WRs. So do a lot of other teams. I would say ours, when healthy, are in the top 8 or 10 teams in the league. Better than that? I doubt it.

What teams would you take over the Packers?

1. Denver
2. Atlanta? If healthy?

User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 10:45:35 AM(UTC)
cheeseheads123 said: Go to Quoted Post
What teams would you take over the Packers?

1. Denver
2. Atlanta? If healthy?

Lions, Cowboys, Bears, Bengals, maybe Saints, Cardinals, Texans, Niners, Ravens, Eagles
cheeseheads123  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 10:58:46 AM(UTC)
Lions, Cowboys, Bears, Bengals, maybe Saints, Cardinals, Texans, Niners, Ravens, Eagles

Little confused on how you evaluate receiving cores. I just don't see the argument for any of those teams being stronger than the Packers.
GermanGilbert  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 11:11:19 AM(UTC)

Honestly I don't see any of those teams having a better #3 WR than James Jones is.

Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 11:23:05 AM(UTC)
GermanGilbert said: Go to Quoted Post
Honestly I don't see any of those teams having a better #3 WR than James Jones is.

or a better number four than Jarrett Boykin(hecatch)
buckeyepackfan  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 2:59:08 PM(UTC)
When Healthy I wouldn't put ANY ONE TEAMs wr corpse , over Nelson, Cobb, Jones, and now Boykin(hecactch).

Without Cobb, I'll drop them to 3 or 4.

mi_keys  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 4:16:41 PM(UTC)
cheeseheads123 said: Go to Quoted Post
Little confused on how you evaluate receiving cores. I just don't see the argument for any of those teams being stronger than the Packers.

That's where you are confusing yourself: the presumption that there is supposed to be any substance.
steveishere  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:49:56 AM(UTC)
Jarrett Boykin has the 11th most WR yards in the league since he started getting significant snaps in week 6.
hardrocker950  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 7:17:24 AM(UTC)
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
Jarrett Boykin has the 11th most WR yards in the league since he started getting significant snaps in week 6.

This says a lot. He was thrown into unknown territory, and has responded well - very well. I knew he could play, but I didn't expect this much production.
steveishere  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 7:20:11 AM(UTC)
hardrocker950 said: Go to Quoted Post
This says a lot. He was thrown into unknown territory, and has responded well - very well. I knew he could play, but I didn't expect this much production.

With back up/3rd string/4th string QBs throwing to him too.
Tezzy  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 8:29:29 AM(UTC)
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
With back up/3rd string/4th string QBs throwing to him too.

He has a 15.1 average. In the last 7 games he has 5+ catches in 5 of them. Production.
sschind  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 8:32:20 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan said: Go to Quoted Post
When Healthy I wouldn't put ANY ONE TEAMs wr corpse , over Nelson, Cobb, Jones, and now Boykin(hecactch).

Without Cobb, I'll drop them to 3 or 4.

I wouldn't put a corpse over our guys even when they are hurt.[grin1] [grin1] [grin1] [grin1] [grin1]

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I know what you mean though and with the apparent emergence of Boykin it gives us some leeway with Jones. A 3 deep squad is nice but 4 is something few teams can even hope to have. It may be luxury we can't afford however.
mi_keys  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 8:38:18 AM(UTC)
sschind said: Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't put a corpse over our guys even when they are hurt.[grin1] [grin1] [grin1] [grin1] [grin1]

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I know what you mean though and with the apparent emergence of Boykin it gives us some leeway with Jones. A 3 deep squad is nice but 4 is something few teams can even hope to have. It may be luxury we can't afford however.

I hope we can. Jones has overcome his inconsistencies the last few seasons and he goes about his business the right way, as does the whole group. At a position dominated by divas and pricks, it's nice to have a group that across the board we can rely on and that is happy to contribute any way they can, whether that means they are blocking down field all game or reeling in 10 catches for 100+ and a few scores. I'd like to be able to keep them together, especially with what seems to be the likely end of Finley's career.
QCHuskerFan  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:50:01 AM(UTC)

The Niners are the 32nd passing offense. I don't care how many injuries. They have had a starting QB throwing the ball for 11 games. No way are they in the top 10. Certainly not ahead of the Packers.

Houston has 2 WR in the top 100 based on receptions. Hard to lobby for a top 10 rating with that poor level of production.

Bears have 2 WR in the Top 80.

Packers have 4 in the Top 68.

Packers have the #5 pass offense. It's not because of all the receptions our TE and RB are making. To not list them in anyone's top 5 is ridiculous.
steveishere  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:28:57 AM(UTC)
Yeah the 49ers just released a guy who was their starting WR for a majority of the season because he sucked. Of course the guy cannot bother to explain why he thinks they are better (along with all those other teams) to back up his opinion. Instead of having intelligent conversation he's just spouting nonsense to try and make people mad.
luigis  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 8:14:02 AM(UTC)
mi_keys said: Go to Quoted Post
I hope we can. Jones has overcome his inconsistencies the last few seasons and he goes about his business the right way, as does the whole group. At a position dominated by divas and pricks, it's nice to have a group that across the board we can rely on and that is happy to contribute any way they can, whether that means they are blocking down field all game or reeling in 10 catches for 100+ and a few scores. I'd like to be able to keep them together, especially with what seems to be the likely end of Finley's career.

I still see Jones as inconsistent. He has some fantastic games mixed with games where he just disappears. It's early but I think Boykin is a much better WR than Jones.
nerdmann  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:02:11 PM(UTC)
luigis said: Go to Quoted Post
I still see Jones as inconsistent. He has some fantastic games mixed with games where he just disappears. It's early but I think Boykin is a much better WR than Jones.

lol

dhazer  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:02:23 PM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan said: Go to Quoted Post
The Niners are the 32nd passing offense. I don't care how many injuries. They have had a starting QB throwing the ball for 11 games. No way are they in the top 10. Certainly not ahead of the Packers.

Houston has 2 WR in the top 100 based on receptions. Hard to lobby for a top 10 rating with that poor level of production.

Bears have 2 WR in the Top 80.

Packers have 4 in the Top 68.

Packers have the #5 pass offense. It's not because of all the receptions our TE and RB are making. To not list them in anyone's top 5 is ridiculous.

By your standards then we had the best wr depth in 2005 with the likes of Antonio Chapman, Donald Driver, Robert Ferguson,Andrea Thurmon, Terrance Murphy and even Javon Walker. Hell we had 3 TEs with atleast 25 catches and to top it off we had 4 rbs with atleast 10 catches. Damn we had to have the best passing team in the league or was it because of injuries sub par players had to play?

Rss Feed