You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DoddPower  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:23:34 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Applause Given: 1,445
Applause Received: 334

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
"Hey, we're more than just a great QB".

Well, the simple answer to that is: they're not. Unfortunately. At least not at this point with all of the injuries.

Offline Dulak  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:50:40 PM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 80

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
It's kind of interesting- Aaron breaks his collarbone and the defense falls apart.

Ok so the defense isnt out there that much longer then normal - but perhaps they dont have the same drive when they seem to be on the losing end ... like even if they do well they dont have an offense to help them win.

perhaps ... Our run D was unstoppable at the beginning of the year; now its a bit porous - we still havnt shored up our coverage thou.

Do we blame our run D on missing key players? CM3 and most of our LBers? or even our pass D since the pressure doesnt get there? - or the poor coverage skill of our safetys and corners (although our courners seem decent enough).

The article talked about looking at every play and seeing what the D called on that play - so basically holding yourself accountable for each coaching decision. Got to be tough to do.

Offline play2win  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:48:44 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 837
Applause Received: 546

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
Ok so the defense isnt out there that much longer then normal - but perhaps they dont have the same drive when they seem to be on the losing end ... like even if they do well they dont have an offense to help them win.

perhaps ... Our run D was unstoppable at the beginning of the year; now its a bit porous - we still havnt shored up our coverage thou.

Do we blame our run D on missing key players? CM3 and most of our LBers? or even our pass D since the pressure doesnt get there? - or the poor coverage skill of our safetys and corners (although our courners seem decent enough).

The article talked about looking at every play and seeing what the D called on that play - so basically holding yourself accountable for each coaching decision. Got to be tough to do.

I would say with a quick glance, we were REAlLY good on run D until both Perry and Jolly went down. Having them both return to the lineup, and the possibility Richardson might get more action brings me a little hope that this can get better. Way better. Mulumba was back last Sunday, maybe he improves.

We just have to hope this D can turn the corner, and start making game changing plays in our favor.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 4:00:56 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Applause Given: 209
Applause Received: 325

All about turnovers Gentlemen.

Don't have them on offense, create them on Defense.

A team can control the clock all it wants, if they can't hang onto the ball, they put themselves behind the perverbial 8 ball.

“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline luigis  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:25:15 PM(UTC)
luigis

Applause Given: 37
Applause Received: 45

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
All about turnovers Gentlemen.

Don't have them on offense, create them on Defense.

A team can control the clock all it wants, if they can't hang onto the ball, they put themselves behind the perverbial 8 ball.

Maybe I'm seeing ghosts but I think everything is related to Rodgers.
If we are ahead the opponent is more inclined to pass and not needing to guess the play the defense might create some turnover opportunities.

Without a good offense the opponent never needs to commit to the pass and we just don't have a good defense against a combined attack. We can defend the run or the pass (barely) but not both.

I need to think how the safeties are the problem to this because I'm convinced our safeties are very bad, starting with Burnett a player that I'm convinced is not as good as we all think he is.

Luis
Offline gbguy20  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 8:38:47 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 247

I think the moral of the defense and the team as a whole took a hit the minute rodgers left the field. The defense has not been the same since. Before Rodgers went down how many people were bitching about our defense? Not that many because our numbers were pretty damn decent. We were all busy talking about how different the defense has been since Jolly was back and how his passion and energy was making everyone around play harder and better and the results were awesome.
call me Dan
Offline DakotaT  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 8:57:12 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 565
Applause Received: 1,188

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
I think the moral of the defense and the team as a whole took a hit the minute rodgers left the field. The defense has not been the same since. Before Rodgers went down how many people were bitching about our defense? Not that many because our numbers were pretty damn decent. We were all busy talking about how different the defense has been since Jolly was back and how his passion and energy was making everyone around play harder and better and the results were awesome.

I still say we get lit up like a Christmas tree if we had to play the Saints right now. I don't have a lot of confidence in the team presently, but I could see us getting on a role next weekend. If we can somehow get by the Lions with a W, we would be in good shape.
UserPostedImage
Offline hardrocker950  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:38:55 PM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 53

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I still say we get lit up like a Christmas tree if we had to play the Saints right now. I don't have a lot of confidence in the team presently, but I could see us getting on a role next weekend. If we can somehow get by the Lions with a W, we would be in good shape.

If this team played the Saints - it would be a slaughter as things stand right now. If we were healthy, maybe a different story - depending on playcalling.

As for this upcoming game, this IS a winable game IF everybody shows up and does their job. Sustaining scoring drives and keeping the D off the field could mean the difference between playoffs and looking toward next year. We look straight up dead in the water on coverage.

C'mon Capers - let's do some damage for a change! If I see prevent coverage Thursday, I'm going to have a meltdown!
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
Offline Dulak  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 3:09:35 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 80

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 Go to Quoted Post

As for this upcoming game, this IS a winable game IF everybody shows up and does their job.

And Flynn is playing and not INTolzien