You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#46 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 9:09:45 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

Gonna need some ToP.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DoddPower  
#47 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 10:03:24 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Applause Given: 1,469
Applause Received: 353

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
The defense or the offense? The defense has a couple of horrible drives each game but the defense seems to struggle most because of the offense putting them in bad positions (with turn overs and 3 and outs over and over again).

Noticed how when the offense stopped sucking the Falcons didn't score another point all game... and really the offense two turnovers set up the Falcons for 14 of their 21 points. Which has happened a lot this year... yet the defense getting the blame for not stopping them but the offense has put the defense in bad positions.

And again, the defense has had a couple of horrible drives most games but outside of that, they haven't been as horrible as all the talk about them.

And I think the offense is the one that needs to step up against the Cowboys. The Cowboys defense is 32nd in the NFL with most yards given up, including 32nd in passing yards given up and 27th in running yards giving up. The offense needs to finish with a couple of TDs.

As the Raiders #2 WR (that game) WR Andre Holmes (who?) had 136 yards against the Cowboys. So the Packers WRs should get their chances.

I'm glad that you have faith in the Packers defense. But when it matters most, I have little faith in the Packers defense to step up. No, beating the Falcons this season doesn't make me feel much better. I don't think the defense is clutch, at all, and I would expect them to get lit up against the likes of the Saints, Seahawks, 49'ers, and even a few others. I'm not giving them an easy out due to the offense. The defense needed to step up and carry the team since Rodgers has been out, and for the most part, they have failed at doing so. Add that to the past couple of seasons, and I have plenty of evidence to support my opinion.

Offline El3ment12  
#48 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 11:33:54 PM(UTC)
El3ment12

Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 22

I think our D is decent. Not too bad or good. When Rodgers plays again we will see how much not being on the field as much can help them.

Glad to see our D stepped up today. It looked bleak after that very unlucky pick 6, and we kept battling.
Offline nerdmann  
#49 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 6:16:10 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: El3ment12 Go to Quoted Post
I think our D is decent. Not too bad or good. When Rodgers plays again we will see how much not being on the field as much can help them.

Glad to see our D stepped up today. It looked bleak after that very unlucky pick 6, and we kept battling.

D is gonna have to figure something out.

They need to be able to stuff the run. That's where it all starts. If Pickett, Raji and Jolly are all hurt or something, then maybe some fresh legs from Worthy, Boyd and Wilson can get some reps. Whatever it takes, they need to find a way.

The rest will fall into place, imo. I know Burnett has struggled, but until proven otherwise, I will assume it's because of Jennings. Hopefully Richardson's promotion will repair that.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline steveishere  
#50 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 6:59:59 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 600

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
D is gonna have to figure something out.

They need to be able to stuff the run. That's where it all starts. If Pickett, Raji and Jolly are all hurt or something, then maybe some fresh legs from Worthy, Boyd and Wilson can get some reps. Whatever it takes, they need to find a way.

The rest will fall into place, imo. I know Burnett has struggled, but until proven otherwise, I will assume it's because of Jennings. Hopefully Richardson's promotion will repair that.

It mostly looks like the main problem is Raji. He just has no juice out there. He looks like he doesn't care and there's no way a guy that talented should be the worst player on the defense. Just start leaving him inactive and let some of the guys play that actually want to be out there.
Offline nerdmann  
#51 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 7:10:03 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
It mostly looks like the main problem is Raji. He just has no juice out there. He looks like he doesn't care and there's no way a guy that talented should be the worst player on the defense. Just start leaving him inactive and let some of the guys play that actually want to be out there.

Maybe he needs to take a seat until he's got enough energy to return.
Offline DoddPower  
#52 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 9:53:05 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Applause Given: 1,469
Applause Received: 353

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post

You know, that might not be the worst idea. Send a message to the guy. Hold him accountable. At this rate, he's probably playing his last few games with the Packers anyway, so why not? Don't reward a player with more starts and reps when he is not doing a good job. It doesn't make much sense to me.

Offline nerdmann  
#53 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 10:35:31 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
You know, that might not be the worst idea. Send a message to the guy. Hold him accountable. At this rate, he's probably playing his last few games with the Packers anyway, so why not? Don't reward a player with more starts and reps when he is not doing a good job. It doesn't make much sense to me.

Playing him is just gonna make him seem better than he is and drive up his FA value.