Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:12:54 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

JSOnline wrote:
Detroit — One ball fell five yards shy of a double-covered James Jones. Another hung high and late to Jarrett Boykin.

He gift-wrapped an interception. He was a human punching bag throughout.

There will be no $25 million contracts parlayed from this performance.

But do not make Matt Flynn the scapegoat for this 40-10 debacle in Detroit. And don't point the finger at Scott Tolzien, at Seneca Wallace, at any quarterback the Packers start. For all the weekly support coach Mike McCarthy has given each player — Wallace's experience, Tolzien's deep ball, Flynn's no-huddle acumen — they've been in a desperate, long-shot situation all along.

The chaos we see now at quarterback — two touchdowns, seven interceptions, zero wins in five games — began in the off-season.
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:00:27 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,698
Applause Received: 661

Bullshit.

Ted got Mike the guys Mike wanted. Mike had Harrell, whom he supposedly liked last year.

Mike had Coleman. Mike's plan was for Coleman to develop and replace Harrell. Mike did not successfully develop Coleman. That's not Ted's fault.

So Ted went out and got some guys. Wallace turned out to be a lying little bitch who punked out in his first start, but Tolzien looks like a real player. He's just gonna need some seasoning, which is normal for a #3.

As for Flynn, he's had one shitty game. He had TWO practices before it, and was under a constant jailbreak by the Loins Dline. Remember, Flynn was widely regarded as one of the top backups in the league. He probably still is that.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
musccy on 12/4/2013(UTC)
Offline musccy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:15:29 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 251
Applause Received: 234

I generally agree with what you said, Nerd, plus...

Flynn and co. can't play NT, S, MLB, or TE nor are they responsible for teams staying on the field the closing 9 minutes of games when the Packers needed the ball back. A.R's injury has shown us how much of a band aid he has been for this team, smoke screening its many deficiencies.

thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 12/4/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 12/4/2013(UTC)
Offline dhazer  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:18:37 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 203

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Bullshit.

Ted got Mike the guys Mike wanted. Mike had Harrell, whom he supposedly liked last year.

Mike had Coleman. Mike's plan was for Coleman to develop and replace Harrell. Mike did not successfully develop Coleman. That's not Ted's fault.

So Ted went out and got some guys. Wallace turned out to be a lying little bitch who punked out in his first start, but Tolzien looks like a real player. He's just gonna need some seasoning, which is normal for a #3.

As for Flynn, he's had one shitty game. He had TWO practices before it, and was under a constant jailbreak by the Loins Dline. Remember, Flynn was widely regarded as one of the top backups in the league. He probably still is that.

top backup in the league regarded by who? Hell he got cut from 2 teams that are starting their #3 qbs. This is another one of those I want my guy type thing and I am sticking to it no matter what.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
wpr on 12/4/2013(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:28:07 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Bullshit.

He had to have surgery for a torn abductor tendon, dumbass.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 12/4/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 12/4/2013(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:29:46 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
top backup in the league regarded by who? Hell he got cut from 2 teams that are starting their #3 qbs. This is another one of those I want my guy type thing and I am sticking to it no matter what.

The guy who gave him a 26m dollar contract?
nerdmann on 12/4/2013(UTC)
Offline dhazer  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:32:58 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
The guy who gave him a 26m dollar contract?

I bet he don't any more lol I am sure Flynn was happier than shit to get the call from Green Bay. Another chunk of money he made from playing one great preseason game against the Lions.
UserPostedImage

Offline steveishere  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:35:03 AM(UTC)
steveishere

I bet he don't any more lol I am sure Flynn was happier than shit to get the call from Green Bay. Another chunk of money he made from playing one great preseason game against the Lions.

doesn't change the fact that it happened and that Flynn was indeed regarded as one of the top back ups.
Offline dhazer  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:42:04 AM(UTC)
dhazer

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
doesn't change the fact that it happened and that Flynn was indeed regarded as one of the top back ups.

I see you now use the word was as in past tense I thought you meant people still regard him as a top backup
UserPostedImage

Offline steveishere  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 8:14:47 AM(UTC)
steveishere

I see you now use the word was as in past tense I thought you meant people still regard him as a top backup

Nerdmanns post that you initially replied to used the word was.
DoddPower on 12/4/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed