You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline steveishere  
#46 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 3:29:57 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 601

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
He won't trade for future picks like the Rams did or like Billacheat seems to always do. That still pisses me off how billacheat some how finds suckers to trade him their 1st rounder.

Oh so Ted would be fine with trading back but if a team threw in some extra picks for the next season he'd just decline them? lol that's stupid. Funny you mention Belicheck though considering Ted has gotten Clay Matthews, Greg Jennings, and Casey Hayward with patriots draft picks.
thanks Post received 3 applause.
gbguy20 on 12/9/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 12/9/2013(UTC), Zero2Cool on 12/10/2013(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:35:18 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 346

I'm sick of hearing how the losing is because of not having a backup. While winning games before Rodgers got hurt, the offense wasn't exactly clicking with Rodgers. And if people actually look not only were they playing with backup QBs, they were playing without Finley and without Cobb. Also during the losing streak, the oline was beat up. Lang had a concussion, D-Smith has been hurt, they had been shuffling around, Lang a C, Barclay to G, Newhouse at RT. They even moved Newhouse to RG to get Barclay back on the end.

This last win, the Oline was back to what it had been the rest of the season.

If we want to look at someplace to blame, Why go further than the head coach. This is the second time the offense has really faced injuries. Once in 2010 when Finley went down, and this year with Rodgers, Finley and Cobb. And both times the offense has struggled. If he is really an offensive guru, he sure doesn't seem to be able to readily adjust.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 12/10/2013(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:43:09 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 601

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
I'm sick of hearing how the losing is because of not having a backup. While winning games before Rodgers got hurt, the offense wasn't exactly clicking with Rodgers. And if people actually look not only were they playing with backup QBs, they were playing without Finley and without Cobb. Also during the losing streak, the oline was beat up. Lang had a concussion, D-Smith has been hurt, they had been shuffling around, Lang a C, Barclay to G, Newhouse at RT. They even moved Newhouse to RG to get Barclay back on the end.

This last win, the Oline was back to what it had been the rest of the season.

If we want to look at someplace to blame, Why go further than the head coach. This is the second time the offense has really faced injuries. Once in 2010 when Finley went down, and this year with Rodgers, Finley and Cobb. And both times the offense has struggled. If he is really an offensive guru, he sure doesn't seem to be able to readily adjust.

I'm pretty sure they were a top 5 offense overall and top 5 in both rushing and passing before Rodgers got hurt.
Offline Porforis  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:49:10 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 167
Applause Received: 328

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
I'm pretty sure they were a top 5 offense overall and top 5 in both rushing and passing before Rodgers got hurt.

The defense not being able to stop anybody also factors into that. Hard to stay balanced when you're constantly playing from behind, and hard to put up big numbers when you're getting killed in T.O.P.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 12/10/2013(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:43:57 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Applause Given: 1,469
Applause Received: 353

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
The defense not being able to stop anybody also factors into that. Hard to stay balanced when you're constantly playing from behind, and hard to put up big numbers when you're getting killed in T.O.P.

Yeah, I don't really blame the backup QB for much. Perhaps if any of them had been through the complete 2013 training camp and preseason, but they haven't. I continue to place most the blame on the defense. They needed to pick up the slack of Rodgers being out, and for the most part, they have failed miserably. The circumstances don't matter so much to me. Rodgers is out, find a freakin' way to get it done. The team is/was depending on you. I can't be certain that it's Capers or the players fault (or both), but I do think it's time for another defensive coordinator to have a chance. Sometimes, starting fresh is a good thing, and I think that's the case with the Packers defensive coordinator . . . regardless of all the extenuating circumstances.

Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 10:54:11 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 346

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post

And still we could all see, the offense still wasn't performing as expected. There was all kinds of talk about the third down, and red zone production.

The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage