Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:27:37 PM(UTC)
ESPN

Quote:
While Rodgers took snaps with practice-squad lineman Garth Gerhart and JC Tretter, who remain on the physically unable to perform list, Matt Flynn worked with starting center Evan Dietrich-Smith.

Doesn't come out and SAY it, but it sounds to me like they've got Tretter playing C. Wonder if he's ready to play. We could use a warm body at the position.
Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:31:31 PM(UTC)
Rob Demovsky said:
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Say this much about Aaron Rodgers: His broken collarbone doesn't appear to have slowed down his fastball.

The Green Bay Packers quarterback took part in individual drills during the portion of Wednesday's practice that was open to reporters. Just like he did last Tuesday, Rodgers took snaps from the backup centers. He threw mostly short- and intermediate-range passes, but they appeared to have his usual velocity.

Nevertheless, Rodgers still looks like a long shot to make his return on Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons at Lambeau Field.
Laser Gunns  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:44:00 PM(UTC)
Tretter should be able to go soon I would think...
Laser Gunns  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:45:22 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post

if he "looks" good, how the cluck could the reporters tell if he is able to go or not.
DarkaneRules  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:07:37 PM(UTC)
Geez I would think you'd want him to go through an offseason before throwing him out there...
nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:17:02 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules said: Go to Quoted Post
Geez I would think you'd want him to go through an offseason before throwing him out there...

In an ideal world, yeah.
QCHuskerFan  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:27:29 PM(UTC)
Am I mistaken or has he never had a padded practice in his professional career? He got hurt in May, right? OTA's?
nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:18:50 PM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan said: Go to Quoted Post
Am I mistaken or has he never had a padded practice in his professional career? He got hurt in May, right? OTA's?

I don't think the PUP guys can practice with the rest of the team.
mi_keys  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 8:05:28 PM(UTC)
RajiRoar said: Go to Quoted Post
if he "looks" good, how the cluck could the reporters tell if he is able to go or not.

They can't; they make shit up all the time on half-assed "educated" guesses.
wpr  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 9:20:00 PM(UTC)
I always expected Tretter to be a center.
cheeseheads123  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 9:29:13 PM(UTC)
I used him in Madden as a center until we couldn't reach an agreement on a contract, but he did make the pro bowl every year at that position so I am all for it
sschind  
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 7:28:40 AM(UTC)
cheeseheads123 said: Go to Quoted Post
I used him in Madden as a center until we couldn't reach an agreement on a contract, but he did make the pro bowl every year at that position so I am all for it

well there you go. [grin1]

sschind  
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 7:42:05 AM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
I don't think the PUP guys can practice with the rest of the team.

this from that indisputable source of information Wikipedia

A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six games their team plays. At that point, teams have a five-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional 21-day window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.[1]

this means PUP list guys could start practicing as early as week 7 but if they do they need to be activated by week 10. Since Tretter hasn't been activated we can assume if he has been practicing it has been for less than 21 days since he has not been activated yet. Or, if he had been practicing prior to 21 days ago and he hasn't been activated that means he will remain on the PUP and can no longer practice (I assume) If he is going to be activated it will have to be this week according to my math)

SBeing on the PUP does not mean he can not participate in other team functions. He can sit in on meetings and watch films and do other training he just can't take part in practice so its not like he would be coming in at the start of training camp. He may not be in game shape perhaps but physically (except maybe his injured area) and mentally he should be better off. It may have even been a benefit in the long run. If he spends that much more time doing prep work and film work. It may have allowed him to get to know the playbook at several positions so once he does get on the practice field he may become an even more valuable asset.
Yerko  
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 2:42:56 PM(UTC)
I am all for anything that keeps Marshall Newhouse from playing.

Hell, put John Kuhn at guard...

Newhouse is fuggin' awful.
steveishere  
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 6:08:08 PM(UTC)
Yerko said: Go to Quoted Post
I am all for anything that keeps Marshall Newhouse from playing.

Hell, put John Kuhn at guard...

Newhouse is fuggin' awful.

Now that McMillian was cut Newhouse is a shoe in for worst player on the team.
Mucky Tundra  
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 7:29:50 PM(UTC)
Encouraging news to say the least. Hopefully they keep him there all offseason to get a feel for the position so he can come in to TC ready to go and not get yo-yo'ed around like Barclay did.
Rss Feed