You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<567
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online Mucky Tundra  
#91 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 8:07:48 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 269

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline DoddPower  
#92 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 8:28:49 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Applause Given: 1,445
Applause Received: 334

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I'm not talking about your feelings on whether or not they will win. I'm certain a lot of Packers fans feel the same way. Heck I even give the 49ers the edge and i agree 100% the Packers will have to play a hell of a game

What I am talking about is how a loss will be so embarrassing. Its almost as if you'd rather not have them be in the playoffs because you can't handle the embarrassment it if they lose. Yours is probably not the best example of the posts I've seen about being embarrassed in the playoffs but I've seen plenty. Several saying they would rather not make the playoffs than be one and done again.

I guess that I would expect a little more excitement even if the prospect of a win is not as bright as we would like it to be.

It's not about losing in the playoffs. As I said in my previous post, losing doesn't bother me so much, so long as the team appeared to give it all they got. But getting truly embarrassed and giving up all time records of suckiness in the wildcard round doesn't make me feel much better than just barely missing the playoffs, no. I just can't say it does. Of course, I really don't expect another record setting embarrassment this time around, so I don't have anything to worry about. I expect the Packers to be competitive, but I worry that the talent level of the 49'ers will eventually win out this time around. I don't think that the Packers defense should be giving up over 500 yards, though.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Mucky Tundra on 12/30/2013(UTC)
Offline porky88  
#93 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 8:38:10 PM(UTC)
porky88

Applause Given: 156
Applause Received: 283

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
I can understand that sentiment, and I suppose I agree with what you said, as well. The Dallas and Bears games were enjoyable, and losing in the playoffs won't suddenly take the fun out of those games. But for me, winning in the playoffs is so much more enjoyable, as is making it to and winning the Super Bowl. Those victories live forever, and are much more rare than an excitable regular season match up. I think I'm always worried about the future and not finding another Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers. Since we have Aaron Rodgers now, I want to see this team seriously competing for another championship, not sputtering out in the first or second round of the playoffs. That's for the Cardinals, Bengals, and Chargers of the league.

I know we all would love to win another Super Bowl, and I'm certainly not trying to say otherwise. But having one of the best players at the most important position in the NFL and not seriously competing for a Super Bowl always makes me at least a little disappointed in the season. Also, getting embarrassed in the early rounds of the playoffs is mostly what I'm referring to. If the Packers put up a respectful fight, and still lose, than it's not so bad. But being embarrassed like the past couple of seasons is simply unacceptable.

Hopefully the 49'ers have gotten a little cocky and overlook the Packers to some extent. Unfortunately, I doubt the cry-baby Harbaugh would ever allow his team to do that.

It would definitely be a disappointment if Green Bay only wins one Super Bowl with Aaron Rodgers. Based on how this year has gone, though, I'm just taking everything in strides.

Regarding the 49ers, I worry about the defense matching up with San Francisco‘s offensive line. The run defense has been awful the last three games, and San Francisco’s one of the best running teams in the league. Colin Kaepernick’s gone off in the last two meetings between these teams. If they can just limit him to ordinary, they have a chance so long as the offense plays well.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 12/30/2013(UTC), Mucky Tundra on 12/30/2013(UTC)