You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline IronMan  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2013 2:49:40 PM(UTC)
IronMan

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 53

It must be really tough for his teammates to tell reporters that they have confidence in him. I don't think I could do it. I'm not a good liar and I suck at bullshitting. Would probably just say "no comment."

What about you? Could you spew out all the "we have confidence in Jay" cliches while keeping a straight face?
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2013 3:02:46 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

I would say Josh McNown did a fairly good job not turning the ball over.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
IronMan on 12/27/2013(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2013 3:26:50 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 133
Applause Received: 199

If I am Brandon Marshall, I do anything for the man. I don't think many other guys on that squad are more favorable to him but I could be wrong. In any case, I would go to bat for him for sure because I have seen him do great things.
Offline DakotaT  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2013 7:19:13 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

If you're Cutler and end up losing this game, is there a contract offer waiting for you prior to free agency? This guy was brought in to get the Bears over the hump and has failed miserably, considering what was given up for him. Will the Bears pony up? I really have my doubts if the Bears lose Sunday.
UserPostedImage
Offline hardrocker950  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2013 9:37:44 PM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 53

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
If you're Cutler and end up losing this game, is there a contract offer waiting for you prior to free agency? This guy was brought in to get the Bears over the hump and has failed miserably, considering what was given up for him. Will the Bears pony up? I really have my doubts if the Bears lose Sunday.

Well said. Cutler has upside, but unfortunately he has just as much downside to match. The biggest knock on him is his high rate of turnovers.

The one thing that he is good at - he is willing to take a chance on a play. High risk, high reward - often Jay will throw one up and see what happens. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it bites him in the ass.Considering he has Marshall and Jeffery - I would be tempted to take a few shots now and then too.

All said and done - Cutler will probably stay in Chicago. As much as they have invested in him, it is hard to see them cut him loose. If I were in their office, I would probably look elsewhere for a long term solution. Sign him for the right price, or let him walk. If there was no reasonable way to keep him, sign McCown to a 3-4 year deal and draft a QB to groom into the future starter.
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 5:28:49 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I'd send him a nice knowing ya card and copy the management so they get the hint.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 6:10:11 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,418
Applause Received: 1,203

Jay is gone. Too bad.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline dhazer  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 7:42:04 AM(UTC)
dhazer

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 176

This one is on the defense and not Cutler. The only pick he threw was the hail mary at the end.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline wpr  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 7:54:47 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
This one is on the defense and not Cutler. The only pick he threw was the hail mary at the end.

I am not saying yesterday's loss is on Cutler.

I am saying if I was his teammate I wouldn't want him back. The money that he will command can be spent on several other players. If I was his teammate I would rather have the lower cost of McCown.

McCown's 66% completions, 109 QB rating and 13-1 td-int would be enough for me to say he gets the nod next year to prove himself. The lower pay check makes it a lock. If I were his teammate.

UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 8:00:39 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 937

If I was Jay Cutler's teammate?

1. Smack that whiny boy look off is face.. guy just looks like he doesn't give a shit and is about to cry about it.
2. I would consider demanding a trade.
3. Lobby for the coach to feed Forte the ball more and minimizing the reliance on Jay's decision making and invest heavily on defense.

Gotta hand it to him though for yesterday, the Bears didn't lose because of him. Only "high" level QB I have seen with a more fragile ego/confidence was McNabb in the last decade or so.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#11 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 8:54:18 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

If Jeffries comes up with that very catchable ball on the sideline, do we even win that game yesterday? Cutler played very well in the second half. First three drives were touchdowns. Cutler always has and always will need a very good and strong willed quarterbacks coach. I don't think he's really ever had that.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 9:05:05 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

If Rodgers doesn't throw that INT in the redzone, do the Bears even have a fighting chance?
If Nelson catches the ball instead of tipping it into the hands of the Bears, do the Bears have the chance for a hail mary to win it at the end?

See what I did there?

UserPostedImage
Cheesey on 12/30/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#13 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 9:43:49 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
If Rodgers doesn't throw that INT in the redzone, do the Bears even have a fighting chance?
If Nelson catches the ball instead of tipping it into the hands of the Bears, do the Bears have the chance for a hail mary to win it at the end?

See what I did there?

close games are filled with "what ifs". I still don't want Cutler if I was his teammate for the reasons I gave above.

OTOH as a Packers fan I want Chicago to invest TENS of Millions into Jay boy. Shrink down their cap space and lock him in for 10 years.

UserPostedImage

Cheesey on 12/30/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#14 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 9:52:37 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

See what I did there?

Went out of your way to do be a doucebag? Cutler's job is to put the ball on the receivers, he did his job. Rodgers threw 1 pick and the other was on his receiver. WTF is your point, Jeffries should have been catch would have iced the game.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#15 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 10:57:06 AM(UTC)
dhazer

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 176

I think we are going to see lot of new faces on the Bears next year. Here is some interesting news I found.

Quote:
The Bears enter an offseason that should shape the roster for years to come. Of the 58 players on the team’s active or reserve lists, 28 have expiring contracts. That includes seven of the 11 opening-day starters on a defense that ended up beset by injuries, age and underachievement. General manager Phil Emery has an extensive opportunity to reshape the defense. It’s imperative that he and his scouting staff make accurate talent evaluations and performance projections.

On the offensive side, Cutler’s contract is scheduled to expire on March 11. However, he and the team have given various indications that fans can expect him to sign a contract extension and continue his career with the Bears.

not Cutlers fault
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)