Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wpr  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 8:24:11 PM(UTC)
JSOnline Blog said:
Chicago --- Of course this was the latest twist to their 2013 season. San Francisco has been the thorn in Green Bay's side. Of course, the Packers would face the 49ers again. In the playoffs.

NFC WILD-CARD ROUND

SATURDAY, JAN. 4

8:10 p.m. ET on NBC: No. 6 New Orleans Saints at No. 3 Philadelphia Eagles or Dallas Cowboys

SUNDAY, JAN. 5

4:40 p.m. ET on Fox: No. 5 San Francisco 49ers at No. 4 Green Bay Packers
nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 8:26:48 PM(UTC)
Just about time we kicked their fucking asses.
Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 8:29:29 PM(UTC)
28 - 34 was the score... but felt like they beat the Packers by a lot more. And that score is when 49ers QB had to have a career day that still only topped the Packers by six at 49ers home field, not Lambeau.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 8:38:10 PM(UTC)
Did the Packers put Matthews on IR, or can he club up for this game?
wpr  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 8:38:36 PM(UTC)
Those Cali boys won't be ready for the cold January afternoon in GB. I only hope Mike has his players ready.
wpr  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 8:39:46 PM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
Did the Packers put Matthews on IR, or can he club up for this game?

not on IR as of game time today. So soon after surgery I doubt he would be able to play this week.
DarkaneRules  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 8:40:31 PM(UTC)
This will be tough without Clay but he wasn't himself with that injury. Mike Neal will have to play much better for us to hang with them. I am hoping for better play from all our linebackers. It will be a hard game to win but it is possible with home court.
nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 9:15:25 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules said: Go to Quoted Post
This will be tough without Clay but he wasn't himself with that injury. Mike Neal will have to play much better for us to hang with them. I am hoping for better play from all our linebackers. It will be a hard game to win but it is possible with home court.

What's Nate Palmer's status?

I'm mainly hoping for Perry to come back from that broken foot.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 9:31:52 PM(UTC)
God the Niners create matchup problems for us. Nobody can cover Davis, Crabtree eats us up, and Gore seems to run at will. Then you have Kap running like a madman. Hopefully the frozen field slows them all down. Turn off the heaters.

Can our offense keep up this time? Real worried about our pass protection too.
umair_010  
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 9:33:19 PM(UTC)
lets do this! its show time.
go.pack.go.  
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 9:50:23 PM(UTC)
I definitely do not like how we match up with them. However, we have a chance against anyone as long as #12 is at Quarterback.
Laser Gunns  
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:10:07 PM(UTC)
Super Bowl or not.

Fucking up Seattle or San Fran's season is a fine reward for this bitch of a year.

The D needs to grow a pair and learn how to pass rush.
hardrocker950  
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:15:10 PM(UTC)
Tough way to start the playoffs. To win this game the D will have to play well in coverage and stop the run early.SF is a pretty good team, but they are certainly not unstoppable.

Welcome back Rodgers and Cobb - looked good in the clutch today.
DoddPower  
#14 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:42:04 PM(UTC)
What's up with Nick Perry, anyway? He isn't seeing the field much. Is his foot injury still holding him back substantially? The Packers really need him to step-up and become a full time player. He's the best pass rusher on this team, with the possible exception of Daniels. I've really been disappointed in him the past few games.
porky88  
#15 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:54:30 PM(UTC)
Let's hope they just don't let Colin Kaepernick go off again. He did it with his legs last year and his arm in week one. We'll see whether the cold affects his play. I thought the Packers played them well last time. The offense did move the ball on their defense in week one. That was a close game. Kaepernick needed every one of those 500 yards to win that one.
Laser Gunns  
#16 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 11:00:08 PM(UTC)
Neither Perry or Jones are getting much PT.
blueleopard  
#17 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 12:35:38 AM(UTC)
As a resident of the bay area, this game means a whole lot more to me than any other game this season.

I'm surrounded by Niners and Raiders fans. Obviously, the Raiders fans don't say much to me. They'll talk, but I don't pay much attention to them. The Niners fans, especially ones sprouting out of nowhere, are just SO TREMENDOUSLY ANNOYING.

Even in the eras in which we've owned the Niners, I was never that annoying, flaunting success.

Also being here, I know this team quite well.

Last year, while I held out hope, I wasn't surprised we lost the game. Kaepernick was a beast, and the NFL wasn't ready for the read option.

At the beginning of the year, I also had hope, but I was a little more confident. But Kaepernick played the best passing game of his career.

But as someone else said, he's fallen back to earth.

If the Packers can stuff Gore and make him a non-factor, then we'll just have to combine man and zone on the receivers. The X-Factor here is Vernon Davis, but Kapernick doesn't look his way very often.

Rodgers just needs to play lights out. We need Rodgers 2010 to come out and play, and we have the firepower to do it. We have a running game too. They'll be more useful than they were in Week 1. I know it.
Gaycandybacon  
#18 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 2:05:46 AM(UTC)
DoddPower said: Go to Quoted Post
What's up with Nick Perry, anyway? He isn't seeing the field much. Is his foot injury still holding him back substantially? The Packers really need him to step-up and become a full time player. He's the best pass rusher on this team, with the possible exception of Daniels. I've really been disappointed in him the past few games.

If it's anything like what Raji and Datone Jones went through, his explosion off the ball is not as good because of the injury.
DarkaneRules  
#19 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 6:06:16 AM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
What's Nate Palmer's status?

I'm mainly hoping for Perry to come back from that broken foot.

Looked like Perry was on a snap count. I assume this only because I did not see him a lot. He'll play but his effectiveness will still be a question. Mulumba played respectively. I have not heard anything about Palmer for weeks. He hasn't played since week 12. Not a good sign.

nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 6:34:29 AM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
God the Niners create matchup problems for us. Nobody can cover Davis, Crabtree eats us up, and Gore seems to run at will. Then you have Kap running like a madman. Hopefully the frozen field slows them all down. Turn off the heaters.

Can our offense keep up this time? Real worried about our pass protection too.

Jeremy Ross won't be fumbling the game away this time.
Rss Feed