You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline go.pack.go.  
#31 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 11:13:59 AM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 44

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post

The good news is: 1. Capers has had two games - arguably two failures - to learn from, and hopefully can put together enough compensation schemes to stop the Niners even with the personnel the Packers have - now made worse without Matthews. 2. With Aaron Rodgers, we can outscore anybody. We have to get over this crap of wasting downs by running consistently on early downs. If we pass first, and then run occasionally to hit 'em by surprise, we will be successful. If we do what so many fools clamor for, run first, we will waste downs, lose possessions, get into too many 2nd and longs, 3rd and longs, etc., and put too much pressure on the passing game. It's NOT forcing the run on early downs that wins games, it's having the CAPABILITY to run that makes a difference. Let Aaron Rodgers be Aaron Rodgers, and we will win games - particularly THIS game.

I would agree with you if we were in any other season except this one, you know when we DIDN'T have a running game? We've been successful running the ball on early downs this year from what I recall. So, you're wrong. Running on early downs is not a bad idea. I think you're stuck in the past.
Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
Offline hardrocker950  
#32 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 11:35:23 AM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 53

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. Go to Quoted Post
I would agree with you if we were in any other season except this one, you know when we DIDN'T have a running game? We've been successful running the ball on early downs this year from what I recall. So, you're wrong. Running on early downs is not a bad idea. I think you're stuck in the past.

I see where you are going with this, but I think they are running on first a little more often than they should. Seems like they were running it on first almost every time in Chicago - which got to be quite predictable toward the end of the game. If that were against an average or good D - it wouldn't have been as successful.
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 12/30/2013(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#33 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 11:37:15 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Applause Given: 351
Applause Received: 210

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. Go to Quoted Post

The past I'm stuck in is basically the best of the past few years hahahaha. Since some people and media have been whining about not "running first", we have had numerous cases of run for a yard, run for two yards, run for a loss, etc. - first down, sometimes second down too, setting up a pressure packed 3rd and long with those wasted plays. Our O Line just isn't strong enough to run without the element of surprise. PASS FIRST to set up the run, THAT is the key.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 12/30/2013(UTC)