Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 7:57:24 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,895
Applause Received: 2,093

If the Packers could sign Jermichael Finley to an incentive based contract, I'd be all for Finley's return. However, Finley wants to cash in and I believe someone will pay him, IF he is medically cleared.

Imagine everything Andrew Quarless has been through. A gruesome leg injury that robbed him of the entire 2012 season.

He's trying to replace Finley as the starting TE and I think most would agree he's a better run blocker than Finley although he doesn't have as sure of hands as Finley nor the speed.

Quarless has really came on strong the last six games of the season with drive extending catches.

For the season, Quarless has 24 of his 32 receptions and his only 2 TD's when the Packers were trailing. 3 when winning, 5 when tied. That says the Packers trust him to help them move the chains.

Packers will be fine at TE with Quarless and Brandon Bostick in 2014.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Online wpr  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 8:05:13 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,910
Applause Received: 1,409

With the reemergence of a real running game and depth at WR I am ok with a TE who is more proficient at blocking.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline DarkaneRules  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 8:14:06 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 347

I know this thread is about Quarless, but beside the final touchdown to Cobb, that threading the needle pass to Quarless was probably the most impressive play I have seen Aaron Rodger's make in his career so far.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 9:09:28 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 360

Quarless is starting to look better. They are using him more vertically rather than the 5 yard peelouts. He seems to have gotten the confidence in his legs again. And he is catching the ball. I think he got screwed in that catch reversal.

I am comfortable without Finley going forward.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 9:21:40 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

We are a better team with Quarless at TE than we were with Finley. Quarless is not a prima dona. He simply works hard and gets the job done. I also think he has as good of hands as Finley. Maybe better. Andrew Quarless is more of a "team" player than a "me" player.

I'll take Quarless any day.
Offline DakotaT  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 9:31:00 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 650
Applause Received: 1,338

There is no way Finley is taking a team friendly contract. Some times you have to let a guy go. I'm fine with Quarless and Bostick next year. But I really hate thinking about Finley tearing up the league in another uniform.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 9:44:22 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

When exactly has Finley torn up the league? Like, never. You ain't got nothin to worry about Jules!
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 9:50:59 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 337
Applause Received: 412

I guess I'm the only one who didn't mind Finley's outspokenness. Pity we never got to see the total package out of him.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DarkaneRules on 12/30/2013(UTC)
Online wpr  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 10:59:06 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,910
Applause Received: 1,409

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
I guess I'm the only one who didn't mind Finley's outspokenness. Pity we never got to see the total package out of him.

I got so I could tolerate it. When he was a rookie and sitting on the bench I found it necessary. By the end of his contract I just shrugged.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline go.pack.go.  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 11:07:22 AM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 44

While I agree that we will be fine as an offense with Quarless and Bostick, I hate to think about the day that Finley comes back to play against Green Bay. Our defense struggles covering good tight ends over the middle, and Finley is a big, fast, athletic TE that would hurt us. He's really one of my favorite players because of his passion for the game. This is a tough situation to be in, and I trust whatever Ted Thompson decides to do.

Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
Offline hardrocker950  
#11 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 11:21:05 AM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Applause Given: 65
Applause Received: 73

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
I know this thread is about Quarless, but beside the final touchdown to Cobb, that threading the needle pass to Quarless was probably the most impressive play I have seen Aaron Rodger's make in his career so far.

I can't really argue with that. That pass to Quarless was huge - I thought for sure it was either a pick or incomplete when he released it.

Lot of gut checks in this game, and those 2 catches were nothing short of epic. As much as I like Finley, we can survive without him if needed.
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
Online nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 11:49:46 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,498
Applause Received: 625

Finley will never play again.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#13 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 1:17:43 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 360

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post

I don't think that was an impressive play by Rodgers. That ball should have been picked. We were lucky it just deflected off the defender a little bit and that Quarless was still able to bring it in.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#14 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 1:44:33 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 193
Applause Received: 288

I don't think Quarless is special but I think he can be a very important role player. He has played FB, H-back and TE blocking... and with his catching improving he's doing nice at TE as well. I really want him resigned (though not over pay for him).

But also think they should draft another TE with upside.

Also I think Quarless is faster than Finley (track wise), but Quarless isn't natural route runner where it seems to come very natural to Finley and Finley naturally does a lot of the little things correct where Quarless didn't but he's getting better at them. Football wise Finley might be faster, but Quarless has the potential.

One play I have missed and kind of hope to make see Mike McCarthy surprise a team in the playoffs with is the TE screen. Quarless has looked good at it in the past, and since Mike McCarthy has not used it in a while it might surprise in lead to a big play. (of course screen to Cobb might be better).
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 12/30/2013(UTC)
Offline dhazer  
#15 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 1:58:22 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 195

I think Quarless is our answer, his hands to me seem to be as good if not better than Finleys. He blocks better than Finley which with our line helps alot. Remember they line him up in the backfield to help protect at times which could lead to some kind of pass to him out of it.

The main reason I would worry about Finley is because their is only 1 football on the field and we have how many receiving threats? If we get Jones back we would have Nelson, Cobb, Jones and Boykin, Lacy coming out of the backfield. So Quarless would be a nice little plus without spending the huge money.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)