• DE Mike Neal
  • LB Robert Francois
  • CB Sam Shields
  • [/list]

Restricted
    [list=1]
  • LB Jamari Lattimore
  • [*]S M.D. Jennings[/list]
    Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
    UserPostedImage
    PackFanWithTwins
    10 years ago
    Anyone we keep is going to be based on the assumption it is for reasonable cost.

QB Seneca Wallace - Gone
    QB Matt Flynn - Keep
    FB John Kuhn - Keep
    RB James Starks - Keep
    RB Kahlil Bell - Gone
    WR James Jones - Keep
    TE Jermichael Finley - Gone
    TE Andrew Quarless - Keep
    T Marshall Nehouse - Gone
    C Evan Dietrich-Smith - Keep (until he gets beat out for the spot).
    DT Johnny Jolly - Keep
    DT Ryan Pickett - Gone
    DT B.J. Raji - Keep (but keep at NT)
    DE C.J. Wilson - Gone
    DE Mike Neal - Keep
    LB Robert Francois - Gone
    CB Sam Shields - Keep

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
    play2win
    10 years ago

Who to keep?

Unrestricted
    [list=1]

• QB Seneca Wallace
  • QB Matt Flynn
  • FB John Kuhn
  • RB James Starks
  • RB Kahlil Bell
  • WR James Jones
  • TE Jermichael Finley
  • TE Andrew Quarless
  • T Marshall Nehouse
  • C Evan Dietrich-Smith
  • DT Johnny Jolly
  • DT Ryan Pickett
  • DT B.J. Raji
  • DE C.J. Wilson
  • DE Mike Neal
  • LB Robert Francois
  • CB Sam Shields
  • [/list]

Restricted
    [list=1]
  • LB Jamari Lattimore
  • S M.D. Jennings[/list]

Originally Posted by: MintBaconDrivel 

• 1. Sam Shields
    2. James Starks
    3. EDS
    4. Andrew Quarless
    5. James Jones
    6. Johnny Jolly
    7. Mike Neal
    8. Jamari Lattimore
    9. Matt Flynn

Kuhn is great, but getting long in the tooth. We need an upgrade there. Same goes for Pickett.
    dhpackr
    10 years ago
    I like Shields and Quarless...C-ya to the rest

So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
    Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
    Yerko
    10 years ago
    Unrestricted
    QB Seneca Wallace- Gone
    QB Matt Flynn- Stay
    FB John Kuhn- Stay
    RB James Starks- Stay

RB Kahlil Bell- Gone
    WR James Jones- Stay
    TE Jermichael Finley- tough decision here. I'd say stay if price was right.
    TE Andrew Quarless- Stay

T Marshall Nehouse- GONE
    C Evan Dietrich-Smith-Stay
    DT Johnny Jolly- Stay
    DT Ryan Pickett- Stay

DT B.J. Raji- Gone: someone is going to give him his money. Good riddance.
    DE C.J. Wilson- Gone
    DE Mike Neal- Stay
    LB Robert Francois- Gone
    CB Sam Shields- Stay

Restricted
    LB Jamari Lattimore- Stay
    S M.D. Jennings- Gone

-Flynn fixes the back up QB controversy for the next couple of seasons.
    -Kuhn is getting older but he gets the job done. If we can shy away from giving him the ball and using him as an actual FB, he should stay.
    -By keeping Jones, Finley and Quarless...this receiving attack (healthy) would be absolutely deadly.
    -EDS has been decent. If only he were bigger, he wouldn't get pushed around a lot but I like what I see from him thus far.
    -Bring Pickett back on a short contract, no one else will want him. Jolly was great this season and also deserves an extension. Bringing those two back and addressing the defensive line one more time in the draft can allow the Packers to let Raji go elsewhere. The guy doesn't even deserve the $8 million/year he was offered.
    -Mike Neal was doing a decent job at learning a new position. I think he deserves an extension which adds valuable depth to a position that never seems 100% an entire season.
    - Sam Shields is probably the biggest no-brainer on this list.
    - Lattimore adds valuable depth like Neal.
    UserPostedImage
    nerdmann
    10 years ago
    Unrestricted

QB Seneca Wallace GONE

QB Matt Flynn Bring him back, if he wants a shot, but he has to beat out Tolzien to make the team. Could be Aaron's permanent backup. A guy like Tolzien is a project, to be traded away like Hasselbeck at some point. Flynn would be a guy who sticks around as a permanent backup like Zeke Bratkowski or Doug Pederson.

FB John Kuhn Give him a chance to make the team, but I just feel like he's too old.
    RB James Starks I like him, but I don't think the staff does. I like Franklin better. Lots of depth here.

RB Kahlil Bell GONE. He can come back and try to make the team if he wants.

WR James Jones Bring him back. He drops a ball here and there, but the dude is a starter and can get it done at low cost.

TE Jermichael Finley Won't ever play again. If by some freak occurrence he does, he's welcome back on an incentivized contract.

TE Andrew Quarless Bring him back.

T Marshall Nehouse Bring him back as a backup on the L side, if he wants to come back. He'll have to beat out Bakhtiari and Sherrod to make the team.

C Evan Dietrich-Smith He's earned his shot to be The Guy at his position, but he'll have to beat out Tretter.

DT Johnny Jolly Bring him back. He's a leader, and we need good players at this position.

DT Ryan Pickett I'd give him a one year deal. He's getting old and slowing down a bit, but he's welcome back in a Howard Green type role, if he can stay healthy.

DT B.J. Raji Let him go. Someone will pay him. Maybe offer him some incentives, but it just seems that he doesn't want to play here.

DE C.J. Wilson Run stuffer. Good rotational guy.

DE Mike Neal Depth at OLB. Still developing. Stayed pretty healthy this year, all things considered.

LB Robert Francois The pastry chef gets another shot. He'll have to beat out alot of guys though.

CB Sam Shields Assuming his knee/ankle isn't serious, he is the top priority. His agent will make it difficult, but I'd love to bring him back.

Restricted

LB Jamari Lattimore Good depth, can play inside or outside. Raw developmental player.

S M.D. Jennings Got his shot, proved he's not good enough. Needs to be replaced.
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
    texaspackerbacker
    10 years ago
    This crop of players going into free agency is more significant and (correct me if I'm wrong) a lot larger number than most years. Also, as has been written or highlighted, MANY of them aren't worth keeping. One effect of this is (or SHOULD BE) that our beloved by so many GM better get off his ass and delve into the market of other teams' free agents a little bit more than usual.

Of our own, I'd like to see the following kept even if we need to cough up some money: Shields, Quarless, Lattimore, and maybe Starks (I like him better than Franklin - unless there's a lot more to Franklin than we have seen).

Players we ought to be able to keep for low/reasonable money that I'd like to see stay: EDS, Kuhn (I have changed my mind on wanting him cut based on late season performance), Jolly, Francois, and maybe Wilson.

Players who would be good to keep, but likely will cost more than they are worth: Jones (I think Boykin is a better player - making Jones the 4th WR), Finley (even before the injury, I didn't want the Packers to go too high for him), and Neal (potentially good but injury prone).

Players I want GONE regardless of the cost: Raji, Pickett (the Packers will be a better team WITHOUT either Raji or Pickett), Newhouse, and maybe Jennings (I'm not as negative about him as a lot of people seem to be).

Flynn may be the luckiest man in the NFL. I bet he gets another big payday from somebody - not like the $14 million last time, but more than he deserves. I'd rather have Tolzien with training as the backup.

Wallace is thankfully, long gone/never should have been in Green Bay. Bell might be a good player, but wasn't around long enough to know.

Not signing Raji, Finley, Jones, etc. - fairly high cost players - should leave enough money to get some decent LB, S, or O Line talent from among other teams' FAs.
    Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
    If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
    steveishere
    10 years ago
    KEEP
    C Evan Dietrich-Smith He was pretty good this year so pay the man and let someone try and beat him out for the job
    DT Ryan Pickett Should be able to sign for or close to the Min. He's the best NT on the team so we should keep him until theres an obvious replacement.
    FB John Kuhn He shouldn't be too expensive but we don't even have a prospect close to being able to replace him so bring him back
    DE C.J. Wilson He's just a guy but should be pretty cheap to bring back and compete for a roster spot.
    WR James Jones Bring him back with a similar deal that he got last time. If not let him walk, Boykin has shown he can get it done as a #2/#3.
    TE Andrew Quarless He's shown he has recovered from his injury and can be counted on. Made some big plays and shouldn't be terribly expensive to retain.
    CB Sam Shields Sam made some huge plays for us this year. He's not elite but he's starting CB quality and deserves to be paid like one.
    LB Jamari Lattimore Shouldn't be too expensive. He's valuable depth and is good enough to compete for a starting job.
    S M.D. Jennings We need to upgrade at starter but he won't be expensive and isn't bad if you consider him a back up which he should be.

GONE
    QB Matt Flynn If he'll resign for the minimum do it but otherwise we need to upgrade or hope Tolzien makes a step forward. He saved our season but he's too streaky to count on.
    QB Seneca Wallace No reason to keep
    RB Kahlil Bell No reason to keep
    DT B.J. Raji Much better off paying a fraction of the cost for guys like Wilson/Pickett who can do the same job. Plus he doesn't want to be here anyways.
    T Marshall Nehouse Nope, terrible
    DE Mike Neal We are good with similar quality DL and he played LB more than he should have this year due to injuries. Maybe keep him but not a big deal if he walks.
    LB Robert Francois Low on depth chart not a big loss
    RB James Starks Has a shot to be a starter somewhere. Would like to keep him but I think it will be too expensive.

??
    TE Jermichael Finley Would be nice to keep but if he gets fully healthy I see someone paying him a decent amount and I think we have enough weapons already that we can afford to let him walk.
    DT Johnny Jolly Don't know the injury situation with his neck but if he is able to keep playing I would like to see him stay.
    beast
    10 years ago
    This is my guess to what happens, maybe not what I want to happen.

Keep
  • QB Matt Flynn
  • FB John Kuhn
  • TE Andrew Quarless
  • C Evan Dietrich-Smith
  • DT Johnny Jolly
  • DT Ryan Pickett
  • DT B.J. Raji (depends on price)
  • DE Mike Neal (depends on price)
  • LB Jamari Lattimore
  • CB Sam Shields
  • S M.D. Jennings

• Gone
  • QB Seneca Wallace
  • RB James Starks (I would like 2nd physical RB backing up Lacy)
  • RB Kahlil Bell
  • WR James Jones (depends on price)
  • TE Jermichael Finley (depends on price)
  • T Marshall Nehouse
  • DE C.J. Wilson
  • LB Robert Francois

• UserPostedImage
    Dulak
    10 years ago
    QB Seneca Wallace - Cya
    QB Matt Flynn - Keep for a reasonable price
    FB John Kuhn - Keep
    RB James Starks - def keep
    RB Kahlil Bell - Who? j/k ... we dont need em
    WR James Jones - Keep; although can he wear superglue in cold weather games from now on please???
    TE Jermichael Finley - doctors tests and see how he plays ... then keep at a reasonable price
    TE Andrew Quarless - keep but for cheap
    T Marshall Nehouse - keep
    C Evan Dietrich-Smith - Def keep
    DT Johnny Jolly - keep
    DT Ryan Pickett - if expensive make room for someone cheaper
    DT B.J. Raji - same as above
    DE C.J. Wilson - get rid of
    DE Mike Neal - keep!
    LB Robert Francois - keep if cheap
    CB Sam Shields - def keep

take the extra money from raji and pickett and get orakpo and get more peeps like daniels.
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (9h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
    Zero2Cool (9h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
    wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
    wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
    wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
    wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
    wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
    wpr (17-Mar) : INI
    wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
    dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
    dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
    Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.