DarkaneRules
10 years ago
If I am an athlete, all I would be concerned about would be getting bigger, faster, stronger, and beating the guy in front of me.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Laser Gunns
10 years ago
3 safeties in the league that played at least 800 snaps went without getting an INT.

2 of them were Packers.

1 of them didn't even record a pass defended.

--

the fact that players with such shitty production still linger on this team year after year baffles me.

Either the GM or coaches are doing something very wrong.

or both.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
Seriously? More whining and ranting about Capers?

Once and for all, with the personnel the Packers have on defense, you can't just line up and play straight head to head plain vanilla defense. You NEED trickery/schemes/COMPENSATION for the lack of talent.

Capers has, as McCarthy says, done a GREAT job, considering the players he has to work with.

If anybody is giving in to mediocrity, it is the shithead GM who has been so delinquent in building up the talent level of the Packers D.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
nerdmann
10 years ago

3 safeties in the league that played at least 800 snaps went without getting an INT.

2 of them were Packers.

1 of them didn't even record a pass defended.

--

the fact that players with such shitty production still linger on this team year after year baffles me.

Either the GM or coaches are doing something very wrong.

or both.

Originally Posted by: Laser Gunns 

I doubt Jennings is back next year.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
shield4life
10 years ago
We need a real safety on this team. Don't you guys realize the importance of having a good safety. When Collins went down this defense crumbled.

The defense priorities to get this off season:

1- Safety
2- D-Linemen "we need a pass rush"
3- Linebacker
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Laser Gunns
10 years ago

We need a real safety on this team. Don't you guys realize the importance of having a good safety. When Collins went down this defense crumbled.

1- Safety
3- Linebacker

Originally Posted by: shield4life 

Losing Raji and Pickett pushes DL above safety IMO.

As bad as they were, We have nobody behind them.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
play2win
10 years ago

1- Safety
3- Linebacker

Originally Posted by: shield4life 

I like where you are going shield4life, but I might arrange them this way:

1. Safety
2. Safety
3. LB
4. DL

And, Laser Gunns is right, we still need DL with the uncertainty of Pickett and Raji. The good ones tend to go off the board fast. Maybe we can add one in FA… but, I won't hold my breath. We were in nearly the exact same position last year, and we went with the DL R1. Datone Jones has got to be the man next season!

Our Safety play with the ball in the air was absolutely abysmal. We could stand to add two good ones, one who can range with some speed and make plays, another who is stout at the line. We dumped a ton of cash on Morgan Burnett, and he regressed. Can we count on Burnett becoming a better player next season? I don't think we should. That risk is too great. If they decide to move Hyde to SS we might only need one, shifting Burnett over to FS. I don't know that Hyde has the speed we might need at FS. Maybe that would be a decent fix… it could work. Maybe Richardson becomes a factor next year. All I know is we have way too much uncertainty at S. If we switch Hyde, then we will need a CB.

Add to this, we do have a real need for OLB and MLB help.

I'm amazed and disappointed that we are talking about these same 3 areas of need, 3 years down the line… multiple players, again, needed in those three areas of our D. And, that is assuming we re-sign Shields…

Those calling for Capers to step down have every right, with him being in charge of this D and no progress being made with many players. Remember that draft 2 years ago where we added all of those defenders? 6 out of 8 picks? ONE player made a major contribution last season, Mike Daniels.

Now, Ted Thompson is equally culpable. Look at the players added on D from our last 3 drafts:

Datone Jones
Micah Hyde
Josh Boyd
Nate Palmer
Sam Barrington
Nick Perry
Jerel Worthy
Casey Hayward
Mike Daniels
Jerron McMillian
Terrell Manning
Davon House
Ricky Elmore
Lawrence Guy

Out of 14 players, 2 made significant contributions last season (Daniels and Hyde), and 2 appeared to show promise (Datone Jones and Josh Boyd). Nick Perry can't stay off the injury report, I don't know what the hell happened to Davon House, Palmer might show something year 2, Hayward was sorely missed, and I don't know what we have in Worthy. 4 of the 14 are no longer on the team… Is Dom Capers not responsible for failing to develop many of these players?

We can't afford draft misses on this scale, we can't afford the attrition due to injury, and we can't afford to not play in FA if this defense is to improve next year. Maybe we can't afford to stick with Dom too… I don't know. New blood and a new direction at DC would look awfully good to me. Then again, from a pure talent standpoint, a bunch of guys on that list make it look like a defensive shit storm.

All of Ted, Mike and Dom are going to have to make some major changes, as none of them are going anywhere else. The changes have to be made within, in their methods and philosophies.
DoddPower
10 years ago
I don't know, I think House is a solid backup CB, for the most part. I thought he did a decent job against Crabtree in the playoffs. He struggled, but he's not a guy that should be covering number 1 wide receivers. But as a #4 CB or backup guy, he's valuable. That's certainly not a wasted pick. Teams need guys like him to feel their role.
mi_keys
10 years ago

I don't know, I think House is a solid backup CB, for the most part. I thought he did a decent job against Crabtree in the playoffs. He struggled, but he's not a guy that should be covering number 1 wide receivers. But as a #4 CB or backup guy, he's valuable. That's certainly not a wasted pick. Teams need guys like him to feel their role.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

If we resign Shields and get Hayward back healthy he's probably our 4th or 5th cornerback (depending on how highly you regard Hyde and if you project him at safety next year). That's not bad for that level of depth.
Born and bred a cheesehead
DoddPower
10 years ago

If we resign Shields and get Hayward back healthy he's probably our 4th or 5th cornerback (depending on how highly you regard Hyde and if you project him at safety next year). That's not bad for that level of depth.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

And that's where he should be. But he also offers the ability to move up a slot or two if injuries occur and give the defense a chance. House is decent.

Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (13h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (13h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (16h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (17h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (20h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (21h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.