Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:25:14 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 442

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Yeah I have a hard time accepting the fact that he will be the BPA. He may be the best S available but Ted almost never takes the player at a need position if someone considerably better is still on the board.

I hate the BPA term. It is really BPAFP (Best player available for Packers). Need is always considered when ranking players. Players with more talent may be ranked lower than another if they play a position we don't need as bad. Ted's final board is a combination of so many factors.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:43:46 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

Packers should have selected Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis. Stupid Ted Thompson. STUPID!! We all seen that Hawk would blow like Raji.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
buckeyepackfan on 1/16/2014(UTC), wpr on 1/16/2014(UTC)
Offline Rockmolder  
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:06:52 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 272

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
A lot of the draft guys I follow on twitter seem to think he's 1st round quality and I've been seeing it before Kiper came out with his thing. There's really no reason at this point to think he's a reach in the first round. He's got the production and physical ability for it.

Do you have any sources for that?

Not that I don't trust you. Your posts are always insightful and I fully believe you, but I must've been looking at the wrong Mocks then and I always like to find some more draftnicks to follow.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:16:05 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Netherlands

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
I'm continually becoming more and more infatuated with Ra'shede Hageman. He's so big and has the long arms necessary to excel as a defensive end in a 3-4, or on the inside. I'm definitely going to be keeping my eye on him.

If he falls to 21, there's no doubt in my mind we should take him... At this point. Maybe if he does horribly at the Combine that'll change. Can't imagine that happening, though.

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 Go to Quoted Post
At this time last year Kiper had the Packers taking Barrett Jones G/C Alabama

Ah, yeah, I remember that hype. Didn't he go in the 4th?

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
I hate the BPA term. It is really BPAFP (Best player available for Packers). Need is always considered when ranking players. Players with more talent may be ranked lower than another if they play a position we don't need as bad. Ted's final board is a combination of so many factors.

Maybe it is, but it shouldn't. I truly believe that, maybe except for STs and QB, you always go BPA, taking into consideration positional value.

That's how the Giants build that ridiculous DE nucleous, that's how the Lions built that D-line and that's how we build our WR to start with. Maybe it looks like overkill at some points, but I'd rather have 3 elite DEs that I can rotate, than 2 elite DEs and a good ILB.

But I agree with you, we draft BPAFP, as you coined it. That's how a guy like Cordarelle Patterson wasn't drafted last year. Or, at least, I think. I obviously can't look at the Packers bigboard.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 1/16/2014(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:37:41 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 442

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
That's how a guy like Cordarelle Patterson wasn't drafted last year. Or, at least, I think. I obviously can't look at the Packers bigboard.

Our defense would be just as bad, and I can only imagine what people would be saying had we drafted a WR in the first round last year.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
wpr on 1/16/2014(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#21 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:41:14 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 1,009

Not that I don't trust you. Your posts are always insightful and I fully believe you, but I must've been looking at the wrong Mocks then and I always like to find some more draftnicks to follow.

Not mocks just different draft bloggers I follow like Josh Norris, Dane Brugler, Matt Miller, Tony Pauline, Daniel Jeremiah. Pretty much everyone I've seen on my timeline loves Calvin Pryor as a prospect.
Rockmolder on 1/16/2014(UTC)
Online wpr  
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:41:37 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,236
Applause Received: 1,556

Ah, yeah, I remember that hype. Didn't he go in the 4th?

He did. Barrett Jones to the Rams at 113 pick.
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#23 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:59:42 PM(UTC)
steveishere

http://draftbreakdown.co...n-pryor-vs-rutgers-2013/

Here's some vid of pryor if anyone cares
Offline Yerko  
#24 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:35:30 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 164
Applause Received: 269

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/calvin-pryor-vs-rutgers-2013/

Here's some vid of pryor if anyone cares

Watching the video against Rutgers, his latest game...didn't seem very impressive. He filled some gaps on the running game but most of those tackles are shoelace tackles that won't work in the NFL. There were a few passing plays where it looked like he was the one who blew coverage as well. He can tackle the WRs but almost every tackle he made was with his head down which can either be penalized or lead to him getting injured frequently.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm no Mel Kiper...but if I was given THAT game to watch and had to make a decision, I wouldn't put out a 1st round pick on him. I'd defer my 1st round pick, trade up in the 2nd and get him there.

Him vs Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix doesn't even seem like a question so I am assuming Kiper has someone taking him before the 21st pick.
UserPostedImage
Online wpr  
#25 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:39:49 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,236
Applause Received: 1,556

I was wandering around the web looking at different mock drafts when I came to this site. They have links to over 100 other sites and their drafts.

I will make a couple of comments.

First I don't know how long the links will stay up. This host site is looking for payola to keep them on.

Second Rocky you may know more than some of these people who posts their picks.

Third This is at a Washington Redskins site so not all of the "drafts" complete the first round.

From what I have seen from these links which I only did about 20 of them and a few others before I found this place, TE Amaro is the first choice. LB Mosley is second. Defense is overwhelmingly the way people expect GB to go with 60% of the guesses going to a defensive player. LB 6 DL 6 DB 4
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra on 1/16/2014(UTC)
Offline Rockmolder  
#26 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 4:57:16 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Netherlands

Not mocks just different draft bloggers I follow like Josh Norris, Dane Brugler, Matt Miller, Tony Pauline, Daniel Jeremiah. Pretty much everyone I've seen on my timeline loves Calvin Pryor as a prospect.

Ah, thanks. My Twitter is such a mess with all the beat writers, draftnicks, Dutch people and everything that I miss a lot. I think I'll make a list for those guys. I love to read Daniel Jeremiah's stuff, especially.
UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#27 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:44:05 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 129
Applause Received: 468

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Our defense would be just as bad, and I can only imagine what people would be saying had we drafted a WR in the first round last year.

I think they would have screamed bloody murder at the time but if we would have drafted Patterson I think they may be OK with it now.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#28 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:54:39 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 392
Applause Received: 500

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I was wandering around the web looking at different mock drafts when I came to this site. They have links to over 100 other sites and their drafts.

Nice find! ThumpUp
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#29 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:05:40 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
Watching the video against Rutgers, his latest game...didn't seem very impressive. He filled some gaps on the running game but most of those tackles are shoelace tackles that won't work in the NFL. There were a few passing plays where it looked like he was the one who blew coverage as well. He can tackle the WRs but almost every tackle he made was with his head down which can either be penalized or lead to him getting injured frequently.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm no Mel Kiper...but if I was given THAT game to watch and had to make a decision, I wouldn't put out a 1st round pick on him. I'd defer my 1st round pick, trade up in the 2nd and get him there.

Him vs Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix doesn't even seem like a question so I am assuming Kiper has someone taking him before the 21st pick.

That's not what I saw at all. He's an active playmaker who attacks the football and attacks runners. He makes some mistakes because of aggressiveness but he's not wild and I think we could use some aggressiveness. It's not a highlight tape it's a scouting cut up of routine plays lol it isn't meant to be exciting. Clinton Dix scouting cut ups don't really look any different.
Offline sschind  
#30 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 7:19:18 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 129
Applause Received: 468

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm no Mel Kiper...

We are all thankful there is only one Mel Kiper.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 1/17/2014(UTC), DoddPower on 1/18/2014(UTC)
Rss Feed