You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:04:03 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 673
Joined: 1/11/2013(UTC)
Location: Murray, Kentucky

Applause Given: 214
Applause Received: 269

KFFL wrote:
Bill Baldini, agent for free-agent C Greg Van Roten (Packers), said the Green Bay Packers ...


Hmm

JC Tretter 6'4" 307
EDS 6'2" 308
TJ Lang 6'4" 318

Personal info found here
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline mi_keys  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:06:43 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,307
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 137
Applause Received: 213

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post


Hopefully meaner too.
Born and bred a cheesehead
thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 2/12/2014(UTC), wpr on 2/13/2014(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:31:29 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,567
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,454
Applause Received: 342

Alex Mack is pretty good.
Offline DakotaT  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:07:55 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,963
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 566
Applause Received: 1,190

I think Tretter is going to be given every opportunity to win that job. But, I wouldn't mind seeing Lang at center, Bacteria at RG. I'm taking a big leap in thinking that Sherrod and Bulaga will be taking their rightful places at Left and Right Tackles.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 2/13/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:09:29 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,514
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,105
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I think Tretter is going to be given every opportunity to win that job. But, I wouldn't mind seeing Lang at center, Bacteria at RG. I'm taking a big leap in thinking that Sherrod and Bulaga will be taking their rightful places at Left and Right Tackles.


They want Tretter to step up there. But then again they wanted BJ Coleman to step up too. And Jerrod McMillian. lol
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DakotaT  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:23:40 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,963
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 566
Applause Received: 1,190

I'm less concerned about the O'line that year's past mostly because we have more of a train wreck on the defensive side of the ball. A pedestrian o-line that still yields a top ten offense every year can't be that horrible can it? We have 1 stud on the o-line and serviceable players at all the other positions. At least we no longer have guys starting named Newhouse, Whittaker, or Babre.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 2/12/2014(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:29:02 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,644
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 345

Sounds good to me. I've been hoping to increase size. Doing so should help with run blocking for lacy.

EDS is to limited, he has already put on lbs to get where he is at. Tretter has room to add some good weight.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:29:48 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,514
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,105
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I'm less concerned about the O'line that year's past mostly because we have more of a train wreck on the defensive side of the ball. A pedestrian o-line that still yields a top ten offense every year can't be that horrible can it? We have 1 stud on the o-line and serviceable players at all the other positions. At least we no longer have guys starting named Newhouse, Whittaker, or Babre.


I like our Oline. I think they can play.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline beast  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:14:22 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,518
Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 211

Bill Baldini, agent for free-agent C Greg Van Roten wrote:

The Green Bay Packers released Van Roten because they are looking to get bigger at the center position.


Right and the fact he played only 10 of 32 games has NOTHING to do with it... I got you message Bill Speak to the hand


Anyways I stop expect them to give Tretter the job, after all he was riding the bench. Though they might have him pegged as a back-up at Center for the future. But D-Smith, Lang or Barclay will most likely be the starting Center going into camp.
America's team... of the people, by the people, for the people
UserPostedImage
~ made by pack93z
Offline beast  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:15:31 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,518
Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 211

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I like our Oline. I think they can play.


I like me...and I think I can play.

I don't think I can play very well for the NFL level but that's a different story Tongue
America's team... of the people, by the people, for the people
UserPostedImage
~ made by pack93z
Offline sschind  
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:23:08 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 754
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 78
Applause Received: 307

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
Right and the fact he played only 10 of 32 games has NOTHING to do with it... I got you message Bill Speak to the hand


Anyways I stop expect them to give Tretter the job, after all he was riding the bench. Though they might have him pegged as a back-up at Center for the future. But D-Smith, Lang or Barclay will most likely be the starting Center going into camp.


The only thing I don't like about Lang as center is the shuffling of the line again. I get that with people coming back from injuries (hopefully) that this will happen and if it results in the best people at the best position then I'm all for it. Its just that if Lang is our center and our top backup at guard if a guard goes down you move Lang and put in the backup center. one injury affects 2 positions. I'd like a line where our number 1 backup at any position is not a starter at any other.
I fully respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
buckeyepackfan on 2/13/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:49:10 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,514
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,105
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
The only thing I don't like about Lang as center is the shuffling of the line again. I get that with people coming back from injuries (hopefully) that this will happen and if it results in the best people at the best position then I'm all for it. Its just that if Lang is our center and our top backup at guard if a guard goes down you move Lang and put in the backup center. one injury affects 2 positions. I'd like a line where our number 1 backup at any position is not a starter at any other.


Lang is very good at G. If we move him to C, he's not as good there. Then we also have someone lesser at G.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online steveishere  
#13 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:11:38 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,237
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 598

Lang is not as good of a C as EDS though so that wouldn't make sense. I get it if you want to get bigger for the sake of getting better but it's stupid to get bigger for the sake of getting bigger.

EDS was more than serviceable as a C this year so they better have someone good lined up if they are gonna let him walk.
Offline sschind  
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:46:46 PM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 754
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 78
Applause Received: 307

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Lang is very good at G. If we move him to C, he's not as good there. Then we also have someone lesser at G.


Actually you are right. I said the only thing I don't like about Lang at center is shuffling the line but another thing I don't like is what you said. Leave Lang at guard where is not bad. If you want a better center go out and get one, don't cannibalize your own line.

I fully respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline DoddPower  
#15 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:23:46 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,567
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,454
Applause Received: 342

I've always thought EDS is nothing more than a serviceable center. Perhaps average, at best. The Packers just can't be content with several average at best players. They have to do better if they ever expect to be anything more than a "good" team. I'm not saying they are content, but I certainly hope they will explore all options to upgrade the center position, among others.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.545 seconds.