Hard to improve when you have this knucklehead playing linebacker

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
beast
10 years ago

UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 

I don't know... looks like Raji got easily moved out of the hole by the RG on that play. Brad Jones had a 2 on 1 (him being the one) and lost (but again 2 on 1).

Neal was trying to be aggressive with his rush but his momentum made it hard (if not impossible) to make a U turn and get back for the cut out especially with the pulling LG in his face.
UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago

UserPostedImage

Absolutely. Canning his ass would be addition by subtraction. I cannot believe Ted signed him to the contract he did. Talk about wasted $.

An upgrade Brad Jones' ILB position is as big a priority in fixing this defense as any other IMO. Possibly equal to or greater than S...
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago

For me it comes down to a choice between Pickett and Jolly - and for me, Jolly has a heartbeat and a motor. He also makes the occasional outstanding play. Boyd is already better than Raji and will surpass Pickett soon. Hopefully we can have our choice of Hageman or Nix in the draft. I don't see Pickett as a major need, like some of the sentimental fans do.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

If it's Pickett or Jolly, I go with Jolly, too.

We need better than Pickett (at least last year's Pickett) as a starter. But as a rotational guy/backup salary, he's worth bringing back.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago

UserPostedImage

Three obvious fails on that play -- Neal, Jones, and, of course, Raji.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
nerdmann
10 years ago
Barrington's got some potential. If he shows he can cover, he'll have the run stuffing ability of Dez Bishop and the coverage ability of B Jones.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Mmm let's see ... who's more likely to be correct on NFL schemes.... texaspackerbacker.... or you know real NFL coaches.

Well that are the fact that the Super Bowl Champion Seahawks sometimes played two gap just like every other team has... the only question is how much of the do.

You're assuming the DL having better pressure would take a double team off of Matthews... and that assumed is probably wrong as teams still chip block the best pass rusher even with better pass rushing. Better pass rushing doesn't stop chip blocking... heck teams chip block more often when the defense is getting better pass rushing.

I get what you're trying to say, but teams don't stop scheming to stop the best pass rusher... and as long as Matthews is the best pass rusher teams will scheme to stop him.

And DL isn't all about pass rushing... you only seemed to be focused on pass rush nothing else...

Heck when Capers did ran the aggressive 3-4 scheme, fans complained he was using the aggressive 2-4 an other packages too much... now that he's not fans are complaining he's not running them enough... grass is always greener on the other side I guess...

Originally Posted by: beast 

If I could applaud your last paragraph and leave out the crap above it, I would hahahaha, as you seem to be defending Capers.

Apparently, you missed the whole second half of my post about run stopping being better with mobile D-Linemen also - people with the capability actually tackle, not just take up space and not even do a good job of that.

I did not say or mean teams would automatically stop scheming to stop Matthews. What I said is that they would pay a price if they did that when we had a decent mobile D-Line that could actually provide its own pressure on the passer. With the fat turds we had in the line last season, opponents could do a lot more than chip Matthews with a TE, and the D-Line practically never made 'em pay a price for it.

I HOPE McCarthy and Capers have decided to go with Daniels, Worthy, and D. Jones for most of the snaps - favoring mobility, as many, probably a majority of teams do. The only way it is even halfway smart to go with that "clogging and protecting" stuff is if you have a helluva lot better LBs than we have - other than Matthews anyway, not to mention have significantly better "cloggers" than Raji and Pickett.

And your other post - about Richardson? Come on! He is back up quality at best. The guy is no kind of a cover Safety. The top priority of the off-season has to be upgrading Safety - pairing Burnett with a decent coverage Safety - either that or converting either Hayward or Tramon Williams to Safety and getting another top quality Corner.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
DakotaT
10 years ago
I agree with Satan that safety is our biggest need, but I think the guy is already on the roster. Micah Hyde should be beefed up a little and play every down. The guy is a tackling machine and can cover. What else are we looking for. Draft a corner instead.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

I agree with Satan that safety is our biggest need, but I think the guy is already on the roster. Micah Hyde should be beefed up a little and play every down. The guy is a tackling machine and can cover. What else are we looking for. Draft a corner instead.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Satan huh? hahahaha I hope you didn't sell your soul for that particle of brilliance. Yeah, I shoulda included Hyde with Tramon and Hayward. Don't beef him up too much, though. I'd still like to see us get Byrd or T.J. Ward, but assuming that ain't happening with TT, what you said would be a solution.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
beast
10 years ago

If I could applaud your last paragraph and leave out the crap above it, I would hahahaha, as you seem to be defending Capers.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Not Capers... the scheme, which NFL coaches know can work and has worked. It's the traditional 3-4 scheme... which I think the Patriots used when they won 3 out of 4 straight Super Bowls. Personally I think Capers 3-4 system which is more high risk (and hopefully high reward) is better (just like you) which the Packers ran from 2009 to 2011 but got away from after the DL and DB got a lot worse in 2011 due to injuries, FA and declining vets and Packers need to go to something less aggressive.

I just think you don't understand how coaches can ask certain positions to be role players and do more of the dirty work to open up others t make plays. Almost every system someone has to do the dirty work unless you get something like a full time 4-2 cover or tampa 2 like the bears play under lovie smith.

Apparently, you missed the whole second half of my post about run stopping being better with mobile D-Linemen also - people with the capability actually tackle, not just take up space and not even do a good job of that.

Nope I didn't... It's just clear your logic is all players equally being trying to be play makers is best which is your philosophy.

Sometimes that's true, sometimes it's not true. Players like Ryan Pickett, Brady Poppinga and many others have been best in role positions doing the dirty work to get other guys open to make the play.

I did not say or mean teams would automatically stop scheming to stop Matthews. What I said is that they would pay a price if they did that when we had a decent mobile D-Line that could actually provide its own pressure on the passer. With the fat turds we had in the line last season, opponents could do a lot more than chip Matthews with a TE, and the D-Line practically never made 'em pay a price for it.

Well if you watch the game you would of saw on 3rd down when the pass rushers would come in and they would still double Matthews. So they whole, if you do this every thing is solved is just not correct. Teams chip the best pass rusher even with other pass rushers in there.

And what's up with the stupid name calling? Fat turds? Are we in middle school or something? If that profile pic is of you, you don't look like the skinniest guy out there.

And your other post - about Richardson? Come on! He is back up quality at best. The guy is no kind of a cover Safety.

Ummm I think you misread what I wrote or didn't understand something as you agreed with me about Richards not being the coverage S they seem to want.

What I said was (and said it's probably a horrible idea), but I wonder how Richardson would look if gained some weight and played as a coverage ILB (not S but ILB). Again probably a horrible idea but just something I wondered about.

you just agreed with what I said about Richardson... yet you're saying "come on!" and using a disagreeing tone.

My post said Richardson can't be used like they want at S (cover Safety) that can rotate back and forth between SS and FS.

The thing I was wondering (and I said it's probably a horrible idea) I wonder if they asked him to gain weight and become a coverage ILB (not Safety like you wrot

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (11h) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (14h) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (16h) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.