texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

You tell him Zero, Dumbass should know better. [rockon]

And BTW Texas, Dubya would compare to Lindy Infante not Uncle Ted. [roflmao]

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Well, first of all, I was hardly the first. In fact, I think the record will show I NEVER am the first to bring politics into the football section. (That would be YOU, Dakota.) Second, comparison ain't necessarily a political thing. Third and to the point, the best comparison to Bush would be Bart Starr - highly respected by all good normal people (that let's you out, Dakota), did a great job doing things "the right way", had decent but mixed results (8-8 X 2 seasons I think it was) - a lot of good but some things that didn't go right also, and thoroughly disrespected and called ignorant by the know-nothings (THAT would be you, Dakota - politically speaking, anyway. You do all right when it comes to football.)
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
DakotaT
10 years ago

Well, first of all, I was hardly the first. In fact, I think the record will show I NEVER am the first to bring politics into the football section. (That would be YOU, Dakota.) Second, comparison ain't necessarily a political thing. Third and to the point, the best comparison to Bush would be Bart Starr - highly respected by all good normal people (that let's you out, Dakota), did a great job doing things "the right way", had decent but mixed results (8-8 X 2 seasons I think it was) - a lot of good but some things that didn't go right also, and thoroughly disrespected and called ignorant by the know-nothings (THAT would be you, Dakota - politically speaking, anyway. You do all right when it comes to football.)

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Yeah Dubya was so respected by his own party, he got to make a video for the Republican National Convention. [roflmao] [roflmao] [roflmao]

You just can't help but step into those land mines can you Texas? [rockon]
UserPostedImage
porky88
10 years ago
The report says nothing about signing top-tier free agents. Activity in free agency (or what Ted Thompson believes is active) doesn’t mean Jairus Byrd or Brian Orakpo. The report is telling us the Packers intend to bring in outside free agents. I’m guessing it means the Packers want to sign mid-tier free agents. Most people want Orakpo, but I believe Jason Worilds fits Thompson’s criteria more. He’s an ascending player, who would come at a cheaper price. Anthony Spencer is also available. He’s coming off an injury, but he has experience in a 3-4 defense. Bernard Pollard is a good alternative to Byrd. The Titans may also cut Michael Griffin, so he’d be a strong under-the-radar candidate.

We know the Packers have the money to sign several free agents. They can entice players by frontloading their contracts. They would also look to sign a player to two or three-year deals. I’ve watched reporters link the Packers to several free agents before, so I’m not anticipating anything. But getting aggressive in free agency, even if that means focusing on the mid-tier players, is something I think they should consider.
Laser Gunns
10 years ago
I got a name for ya,

Red Bryant.

keep hearing Seattle may cut him to save cap space.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
Worilds would be better than Orakpo, considering price and injury history.

I don't like Pollard, however, as he is not primarily a Cover Safety. We don't need a big hitter who can't cover. Griffin might be worth considering if he becomes available. He could cover in college - I assume he still is decent.
steveishere
10 years ago
Worilds doesn't really seem like much of an upgrade over Perry to me and possibly not an upgrade at all. If that guy had spent his career in GB with the same production people here would have been screaming to replace him 2 years ago. It's doesn't seem like a great idea to invest the kind of money that may be required to get him for a player that has a good chance of being the back up.
10 years ago
If the Giants dont re-sign him I would like Stevie Brown.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
10 years ago
Depends on his market and health.. but adding Peanut Tillman as a nickel/dime back or even as a FS would be interesting. He is a playmaker in the backend of the defense; a poor man's Woodson of a couple years ago.

C Alex Mack would be interesting too. 311 and a bright spot on the Browns.

Packers active in Free Agency.. If the right player / value combo presents itself.. yes. Do I expect Ted to overspend or even gamble on a free agent with a high dollar value. No.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
Tillman would be a welcome addition, even at age 33. If there is any thought of switching one of our Corners - Hyde or Hayward to Safety, we could use him, and we would be weakening a division rival.
play2win
10 years ago

Depends on his market and health.. but adding Peanut Tillman as a nickel/dime back or even as a FS would be interesting. He is a playmaker in the backend of the defense; a poor man's Woodson of a couple years ago.

C Alex Mack would be interesting too. 311 and a bright spot on the Browns.

Packers active in Free Agency.. If the right player / value combo presents itself.. yes. Do I expect Ted to overspend or even gamble on a free agent with a high dollar value. No.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I'm not really sure what kind of gambling is involved with a Pro Bowl talent signing with a team like the Packers who could thereby become legit Super Bowl contenders…

Weren't we gambling with Woodson his last couple of seasons coming off a broken collar bone, twice, at $11M per year?

I don't think it is beyond Ted Thompson to sign a serious FA talent who wants to win a championship, even if it means spending more than normal. I trust he can find a good player who would be worth the dough to sign. I just question whether or not he has the stones to do it. A mid-level signing could be as big a risk if not greater, as there may be a higher propensity for a lesser return on the investment. And, I'd like to add, if the FA player performs up to the level they expect, it is not overspending at all.

We've wasted gigantic dollars on Brad Jones and Jermichael Finley… low to mid level talents receiving way more than they are worth. Sadly,we could probably add Morgan Burnett in there too. That's about $17M in these 3 players.

I believe our defense is in need of adding two top performers at any of DL, OLB, ILB or S. Doing that could drastically change our prospects for the better.

Add to it, we could stand to have some Pro Bowl caliber veteran talent on this defense to help show some of the younger guys the way. I believe this is what Tramon was alluding to in his post season comments.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (20h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Around The NFL / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.