Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline VinceLambeauStarr  
#51 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 9:54:15 AM(UTC)
VinceLambeauStarr

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

With this signing, I doubt we need anything more than a serviceable tight end, or perhaps we can allow the guys currently behind Quarless to step up, or try to.

I think the need for Tight End was magnified by Jermichael Finley - Maddeningly inconsistent, paid a ton of money for it too. I think Quarless deserves atleast a year on top of the food chain to show his worth. I think with a full off season of first team reps, he can develop good chemistry with our resident Walter White.

I also like this resigning because it eliminates the need to draft at Tight End, the same couldn't be said if we resign, say, Pickett or Raji at the DL positions.

Tight End was the one position of need I thought we could afford to be cheap with, and the deal is real friendly to say the least.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool is my captain.
Offline wpr  
#52 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 10:06:34 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,149
Applause Received: 1,518

GB doesn't need a sexy TE that runs like a WR. Let the WR do the running and catching. With Lacy at and Jordy and Cobb as the WR the TE and 3rd WR are not as critical. Still with Aaron as QB he will find him if he is open and doesn't have the chance to stat whore.

Q will block some. He will catch some and earn he pay. If you don't notice him that doesn't mean he didn't do his job. It means he is not in one of the high profile positions. I can live with that.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline Wade  
#53 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 1:06:38 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 683
Applause Received: 716

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
GB doesn't need a sexy TE that runs like a WR. Let the WR do the running and catching. With Lacy at and Jordy and Cobb as the WR the TE and 3rd WR are not as critical. Still with Aaron as QB he will find him if he is open and doesn't have the chance to stat whore.

Q will block some. He will catch some and earn he pay. If you don't notice him that doesn't mean he didn't do his job. It means he is not in one of the high profile positions. I can live with that.

Mostly agree with you here. Given the numbers quoted, I think re-signing Quarless a no-brainer.

However, having both WR-TE and a 3rd WR aren't critical, I think 1 may be. Even now with Lacy as the run option.

Especially given (i) the current quality of the defense (which requires more than merely above-average offensive ability to score points) and (ii) the current quality of the offensive line (which reduces the time Rodgers has to check different pass options).

IMO.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#54 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 1:43:29 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 457

Will be interesting to see how Brandon Bostic developes, he's the new BIG FAST TE on The Packers roster, don't forget Ryan taylor and Jake Stoneburner will be back, considering Ted and Mikes love for TE's, looks like there is still room for 1 more.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline sschind  
#55 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 3:46:29 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Not bothered by this signing in any way.

And, IMO, it means another one of those late draft choices will be available to help with other needs.

(trying to be a half-full guy for a bit) Big Grin

In this case I don't even think you need to be a half full guy. I think getting a player of Quarless' talents for that money qualifies as a full glass.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
GermanGilbert on 3/14/2014(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#56 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 5:47:25 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,149
Applause Received: 1,518

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Mostly agree with you here. Given the numbers quoted, I think re-signing Quarless a no-brainer.

However, having both WR-TE and a 3rd WR aren't critical, I think 1 may be. Even now with Lacy as the run option.

Especially given (i) the current quality of the defense (which requires more than merely above-average offensive ability to score points) and (ii) the current quality of the offensive line (which reduces the time Rodgers has to check different pass options).

IMO.

I am generalizing somewhat. Sure a 4th option would be nice but it is not critical to success on offense. Even at that Boykin, Quarless or a draft pick could be the 4th option.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Online Laser Gunns  
#57 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 2:11:21 AM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 256

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Try watching a game.

I could say the same to you.

lets travel 3 Months back in time.

Quarless

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Quarless shit himself today, big time.

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
If Flynn changed the play then Quarless was not doing his job ... if the other players got it why didn't Quarless. I'm putting that one on Quarless.

yall want to believe Quarless is good.

fact is, he has never proven it.

312 yards in 16 games this year is his career high.
how this inspires all this support is just nuts! I think Ted and Mike's "all our players are great!" syndrome is rubbing off on some of you.

Imagine if Quarless was coming from another team. He has has very little production in his time in the league, and has already shredded a knee.

the sooner he is replaced, the better.

take off the green/yellow goggles please.

Message modified by user Saturday, March 15, 2014 2:23:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Rss Feed