Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nerdmann  
#41 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 9:15:23 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
He's played RE and LE in a 4 - 3 his career.

Two major questions

1. Where does he play? OLB or DE?

2. What number will he sport?
98 97 94 92 91 are the only 90's numbers left. I'm gonna guess 94

He's gonna be the elephant.

And he's gonna teach Datone Jones, Mike Neal and Nick Perry how to get it done.
The_Green_Ninja  
#42 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 9:25:10 PM(UTC)
I think the fact that he is able to show the younger players how to really do it is almost a bigger asset then him just being on the team.
Zero2Cool  
#43 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 9:51:41 PM(UTC)
Something that probably only interests me...

Reggie White was signed at age 32 and started playing professional football when he was 22 years old.

Julius Peppers is 34 and also started playing professional football at age 22.

Four seasons after age 34, White registered 47 sacks. That man was amazing. I think if the Packers get half that production out of Peppers in three seasons it'll be a good signing.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#44 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 10:03:15 PM(UTC)

Reggie White was signed at age 32 and started playing professional football when he was 22 years old.

Four seasons after age 34, White registered 47 sacks. That man was amazing. I think if the Packers get half that production out of Peppers in three seasons it'll be a good signing.

That' pretty pompous of you! [grin1]

If our pass rush improves and our defense jumps up to the 10-15 ranked range, Peppers will be worth every penny. But to expect a Reggie-like impact would be wishful thinking.
Mucky Tundra  
#45 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 10:04:59 PM(UTC)
Saw these in a thread on a different forum. Peppers sacks from 2012 and 2013

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

After watching those all I can say is:
-MOAR[aiee]
- I hope the 49ers or Seahawks sign Marshall Newhouse! [grin1]
-Bacteria, hit the weight room!
TheKanataThrilla  
#46 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 4:39:23 AM(UTC)
The_Green_Ninja said: Go to Quoted Post
I think the fact that he is able to show the younger players how to really do it is almost a bigger asset then him just being on the team.

This is my thought as well. I am wondering if this is Ted Thompson wanting to get some veteran leadership and mentoring for our all our young guys.

That being said I do believe that Peppers still has some motivation as he lacks a Super Bowl ring and he is definitely a HOF candidate and a Ring would no doubt solidify his place in Canton.
wpr  
#47 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 5:24:25 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra said: Go to Quoted Post
Saw these in a thread on a different forum. Peppers sacks from 2012 and 2013

After watching those all I can say is:
-MOAR[aiee]
- I hope the 49ers or Seahawks sign Marshall Newhouse! [grin1]
-Bacteria, hit the weight room!

After watching those clips JP we can see JP lined up all over the place including wide of the OT and even wide of the TE. He can play the Elephant position.
El3ment12  
#48 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 8:08:42 AM(UTC)
It must feel weird for Peppers to actually have what we would call a real quarterback on his team now.
Dulak  
#49 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 1:10:59 PM(UTC)
Wow! - I never expected this ...

I bet they had to ask rodgers if it was ok they sign him; he used to go after rodgers big time.

I remember him blocking a was it a fg or a extra point last year?

He is a fast long armed sack machine.

To be honest I would of liked orakpo more - but perhaps peppers was the better signing.

OlHoss1884  
#50 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 2:45:57 PM(UTC)
Last year the Bears had so many injuries he was the only threat on their D Line, even playing inside sometimes, and he still managed a statistically average season...certainly not what they were paying him for but he was still a viable player.

Now add him to a team with better talent all over the D and I think he will look better. In addition, Raji will look a lot better as well, since he won't be playing DE at all and will likely see fewer doubles. I

I see the biggest change being Peppers instead of Perry/Neal at nickel DE, a huge upgrade, and some immediate development with Darone Jones with the veteran presence.

Not the impact move it would have been 4 years ago, but I like fill-in moves leaving more flexibility in the draft...now go for a stud Safety or Center in rounds 1 and 2.
nerdmann  
#51 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 2:52:54 PM(UTC)
OlHoss1884 said: Go to Quoted Post
Last year the Bears had so many injuries he was the only threat on their D Line, even playing inside sometimes, and he still managed a statistically average season...certainly not what they were paying him for but he was still a viable player.

Now add him to a team with better talent all over the D and I think he will look better. In addition, Raji will look a lot better as well, since he won't be playing DE at all and will likely see fewer doubles. I

I see the biggest change being Peppers instead of Perry/Neal at nickel DE, a huge upgrade, and some immediate development with Darone Jones with the veteran presence.

Not the impact move it would have been 4 years ago, but I like fill-in moves leaving more flexibility in the draft...now go for a stud Safety or Center in rounds 1 and 2.

Agreed. He was largely the only threat on that defense. Against us, teams will have to key on Clay, so they won't be able to triple team Peppers.
Mucky Tundra  
#52 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 3:18:06 PM(UTC)
OlHoss1884 said: Go to Quoted Post

Hopefully with Peppers they can move Matthews around to get better matchups.
Dulak  
#53 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 3:27:36 PM(UTC)
question will be ... peppers or cm3 the better pass rusher this year?
wpr  
#54 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 4:26:13 PM(UTC)
Dulak said: Go to Quoted Post

It all depends on if CM3 plays 10 or 16 games.
DoddPower  
#55 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 8:07:04 PM(UTC)
Dulak said: Go to Quoted Post

I know it sounds pessimistic, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ends up being Peppers. If for no other reason, I feel like Peppers will be more available. Although it also wouldn't surprise me at all if things went the exact opposite way, lol.
nerdmann  
#56 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 8:23:41 PM(UTC)
DoddPower said: Go to Quoted Post
I know it sounds pessimistic, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ends up being Peppers. If for no other reason, I feel like Peppers will be more available. Although it also wouldn't surprise me at all if things went the exact opposite way, lol.

Who are you gonna double team? Probably Clay.

Also, the elephant may have freedom to line up wherever he wants. Either way, I'm kind of excited to see how this plays out.
musccy  
#57 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 6:30:42 AM(UTC)

Reggie was a little more dominant going into F.A. at that age Reggie Career Stats although remarkably had a great sack season at age 37.

Bruce Smith had a 14 sack season at the age of 34 too, so theoretically it can be done, I just have a hunch he will go more the way of Hard(l)y Nickerson.
sschind  
#58 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 8:37:32 AM(UTC)
The problem for Peppers is that if he doesn't go nuts on his own numbers people will call him a failure. If Peppers has 0 sacks all season and because teams have to account for him on defense Clay ends up with 20 I'll say the Peppers signing was a huge success.
PackFanWithTwins  
#59 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 8:50:03 AM(UTC)
96, Reggie, Sean Jones, And Eugene Robinson were all at Peppers age.
Zero2Cool  
#60 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 11:08:43 AM(UTC)
minutes ago
@WesHod Three years, $26 million for Julius Peppers with an $7.5 million bonus. Counts $3.5 million against 14 cap, $12M against 15, $10.5M in 16
Rss Feed