wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

I wish James all the best. I had class with him at San Jose State. Always tried his best.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

always fun to have some kind of tie in to a player.
UserPostedImage
sschind
10 years ago

I wish James all the best. I had class with him at San Jose State. Always tried his best.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

You had class with him at San Jose state? He still has his what happened to yours?[grin1] [grin1] [grin1] [grin1]

Sorry I couldn't resist. I wish him all the best as well.

PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago

Letting Jones go was the right thing to do. We absolutely do not need to draft a WR in the first day rounds. Boykin will be a decent #3. At the most, we could use another low rounder or UDFA to compete with Dorsey, Harper, and the other 5 or 6 WRs already there.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

It is a big risk. Even with Rodgers as QB, if we lose Cobb or Nelson, the offense is going to be in trouble. Jones would have been a nice piece to reduce that risk. I definitely don't feel comfortable with the depth past Boykin.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

It is a big risk. Even with Rodgers as QB, if we lose Cobb or Nelson, the offense is going to be in trouble. Jones would have been a nice piece to reduce that risk. I definitely don't feel comfortable with the depth past Boykin.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Because they haven't had any opportunities to prove anything - most of them anyway. This is one situation where potential counts and quantity counts. Out of all those guys, I'm fairly confident that at least one will turn out to be at least decent - and with Aaron Rodgers throwing, that's about all we need.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago

Because they haven't had any opportunities to prove anything - most of them anyway. This is one situation where potential counts and quantity counts. Out of all those guys, I'm fairly confident that at least one will turn out to be at least decent - and with Aaron Rodgers throwing, that's about all we need.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

We are just getting to thin for the targets Rodgers has to throw at for my comfort. Typically we have had a known quantity until the 5th or 6th WR spot.

If either #1 or #2 go down, we better hope lacy can carry the offense.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

We are just getting to thin for the targets Rodgers has to throw at for my comfort. Typically we have had a known quantity until the 5th or 6th WR spot.

How many teams do you think can afford their #1 or #2 going down better than the Packers?

Jordy Nelson
Randall Cobb
Jarrett Boykin
Alex Gillett
Kevin Dorsey
Myles White
Sederrik Cunningham

Andrew Quarless is a solid over the middle threat. Granted, I'd rather Jermichael Finley starting at TE because he's a middle threat and deep threat too.

You add in the Eddie Lacy running game fake, plus Aaron Rodgers mobility. I am just not that worried as I am of the defense.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago

There's one position that I really don't worry too much about, and that would be wide receiver.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I haven't before. But from the absolute best receiving corps they have now lost Jennings and Jones, and are a good bet to have lost Finley. And only gained Boykin for sure. So its starting to be at least a bit of a worry.

Cobb and Nelson are still great and really good, respectively, and Quarless to me would be solid.

And of course, Rodgers can make any receiver better.

But in a relatively short period of time, the Packers have gone from a position of great strength to something quite close to NFC-average as a unit.

Not the biggest worry on offense, much less on the rest of the team, but a growing concern.

With Jones, there is no need to pick up a WR before the third day. Without one, it becomes a real day 2 possibility; and I didn't want day 2 spent on any offensive skill positions other than, perhaps, tight end.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago

How many teams do you think can afford their #1 or #2 going down better than the Packers?

Jordy Nelson
Randall Cobb
Jarrett Boykin
Alex Gillett
Kevin Dorsey
Myles White
Sederrik Cunningham

Andrew Quarless is a solid over the middle threat. Granted, I'd rather Jermichael Finley starting at TE because he's a middle threat and deep threat too.

You add in the Eddie Lacy running game fake, plus Aaron Rodgers mobility. I am just not that worried as I am of the defense.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I don't see us in any better position than most other teams at WR depth. Boykin did OK as our #3 as a fill in, but it is unknown if he can do it for a year, and even more unknown if he could step up to fill as one of the top 2. Jones contract was IMO cheap enough for the increased depth and security having him
Cheesey
10 years ago
At least Jones won't have to worry now about his family starving on what the Packers paid him. (LOL!)[grin1]

Anyway, I'm sad to see him go. He wasn't "great", but classy and pretty dependable.
When he was having the "dropsies" problem, he held himself accountable and did alot to stop it from happening.

He has his SB ring, so now he can go off to the Raiders to die, like Jerry Rice and Lofton and too many others to list did.
With no one to throw to him, I think he will be bored to tears there. (So he will have plenty of time to count his money).
UserPostedImage
steveishere
10 years ago

lol no. Lacy wouldn't have to "carry" the offense just because our top WR are Jordy/Boykin or Cobb/Boykin. You think our passing game would just fall off the map haha, no chance. Even if we were down Jordy AND Cobb the other teams would still be setting up their defenses to stop Rodgers. The more WRs that went down the more we would lean on the running game certainly but as long as Rodgers is back there we wouldn't have to be carried by it.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
35m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.