Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dingus  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:40:46 AM(UTC)
dingus

Applause Given: 17
Applause Received: 27

Folks down here in Chicago are drooling, basically unaware that Peppers had much better games against us than Allen did.
blank
Sponsor
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:43:48 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 345
Applause Received: 422

Originally Posted by: dingus Go to Quoted Post
Folks down here in Chicago are drooling, basically unaware that Peppers had much better games against us than Allen did.

Except that first game against Favre on MNF when they had Barbre at LT and he got smoked all game.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline dingus  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:49:14 AM(UTC)
dingus

Applause Given: 17
Applause Received: 27

I was speaking of last year, Allen has played well against us many times.
blank
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:45:46 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 432
Applause Received: 255

They basically traded Peppers for Allen - from the Bears point of view - paying Allen what they likely could have restructured Peppers for or more. My opinion is that Allen at age 31 is still good, but Peppers even 3 years older, will be better for longer.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline polargrizz  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:18:45 PM(UTC)
polargrizz

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 34

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
They basically traded Peppers for Allen - from the Bears point of view - paying Allen what they likely could have restructured Peppers for or more. My opinion is that Allen at age 31 is still good, but Peppers even 3 years older, will be better for longer.

I understand that it's the nature of the beast that a teams fandom to spin any story about their team in a positive, what a shrewd move Ted made, light, but to say that peppers is going to be a better player at 36 years old in two years than Allen will be is at best a reach. Stats don't lie. And obtw, Dr. Pepper is infamous for taking plays off during games. Good luck to you with our castoffs, I'll stand pat with the Jared Allen that the Bears front office has dealt me.Applause
sorry no billboards
Offline dfosterf  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:47:21 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 410

Originally Posted by: polargrizz Go to Quoted Post
I understand that it's the nature of the beast that a teams fandom to spin any story about their team in a positive, what a shrewd move Ted made, light, but to say that peppers is going to be a better player at 36 years old in two years than Allen will be is at best a reach. Stats don't lie. And obtw, Dr. Pepper is infamous for taking plays off during games. Good luck to you with our castoffs, I'll stand pat with the Jared Allen that the Bears front office has dealt me.Applause

Coin flip, Grizz? I say it's a coin flip, and at least interesting. Your worthless mother-f*cker vs. the Vikings (acquired) worthless motherf*cker.

I don't like either of the mother-f*ckers, never have, but in his old-age I'm a little more introspective with my personal beefs with Julius Peppers. We shall see.

lol

Edited by user Wednesday, March 26, 2014 3:02:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline sschind  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 3:48:12 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 417

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post

No offense Texas but that's pretty much exactly what I would expect most Packers fans to say. Had the Packers signed Allen and the vikings signed Peppers Allen would have been the better move. Its the glasses man, its the glasses.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 3/26/2014(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 4:54:39 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

We're not going to be riding Peppers like a rented mule as the Bears did. We're going to keep him fresh so he doesn't have to take plays off. Definitely would rather have Peppers.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower on 3/26/2014(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:06:23 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,000
Applause Received: 487

I would rather have Peppers, hands down. I can't prove to anyone that I'm not just saying this because he is a Packer, but I just think he's a better player. I don't really care who will be the better player in three seasons. I hope and expect the Packers will be ready to move on from him then anyway. But for the Packers defense, I'd much rather have the top notch athletic ability and size that Peppers has. I don't think it's a huge difference, but I think Peppers can offer more in the Packers defense than Allen can. For every play that Peppers may take off, Allen disappears for even more. He may be giving 100% on all those plays, but he can be nullified easily at times, even by average players. Give me a fresh and rotating Peppers utilized correctly any day.

I think it was a big mistake for Allen not to go to Seattle. I think he would have more individual and team success there, because they really know how to use their defensive players. It's obvious that Allen was just looking for the money, though. More power to him, I guess.
Offline dfosterf  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:02:32 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Peppers may be geezin' , in NFL terms. I strongly suspect it. The man is ancient.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:07:16 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 362

I've always had more fear of facing Peppers than Allen. Peppers is the better more physically gifted player, Allen is an effort player. I also think Allen is going to be less effective on grass compared to turf. Would much prefer he was out of the division all together though.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker on 3/30/2014(UTC)
Offline dfosterf  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:21:13 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
I've always had more fear of facing Peppers than Allen. Peppers is the better more physically gifted player, Allen is an effort player. I also think Allen is going to be less effective on grass compared to turf. Would much prefer he was out of the division all together though.

I hate Jared Allen. Did I mention that?

UserPostedImage

Offline Mucky Tundra  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:30:24 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 345
Applause Received: 422

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
We're not going to be riding Peppers like a rented mule as the Bears did. We're going to keep him fresh so he doesn't have to take plays off. Definitely would rather have Peppers.

Exactly. That's what guys like Boyd and Guion are around for: doing the dirty work of stopping the run.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline nyrpack  
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2014 7:09:58 AM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 4
Applause Received: 53

we might not like him, but you have to give the guy credit, hes a warrior and always comes to play against the pack !!
jimmy b.
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#15 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2014 9:20:26 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 432
Applause Received: 255

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post

I hadn't looked at this thread since most of those were posted. Yeah, I'm unabashed about being a homer for the Packers, but there is also logic about saying Peppers is and will be a better player than Allen. Funny thing, though, even before I got down to your post, I knew what I was gonna say, then I read yours, and you beat me too it. Hell yeah, Peppers is an ATHLETE who will defy age. Allen goes all out, but will burn out at about the age most D-Linemen do - just about what he is right now hahahaha.

And of course, there's that other thing - that it's the Packers PLAN for Peppers to take a lot of plays off - on the sideline, not on the field.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
DakotaT on 3/30/2014(UTC)