Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yerko  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:28:50 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 10/15/2008(UTC)
Location: Chicago, IL
Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 289
If you guys are as bored as I have been and are really into the draft, check out this site I came across today (I have no affiliation with it, just found it while browsing Reddit). The site is www.first-pick.com

I have no idea how they get the score they do in the end but I have used draft emulators in the past and for the most part, the computer makes decent choices and offers some trade ups/downs in this one.

So, see if you can beat my (horrible) score and let me know what you think about my inner-TT abilities.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 25 (S.D.): C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama (A)- traded down with San Diego, moved back 4 spots and received their 2nd round pick.
Round 2 Pick 21: Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young (A)
Round 2 Pick 25 (S.D.): DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State (B)
Round 3 Pick 21: Dion Bailey, FS, Southern California (B-)
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa (A)
Round 4 Pick 21: Devin Street, WR, Pittsburgh (B-)
Round 5 Pick 21: Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (D)
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (A)
Round 6 Pick 21: Dri Archer, WR, Kent State (B+)
Round 7 Pick 21: Ben Gardner, DE, Stanford (C-)

Your score is: 3906 (Drafting Ability: C, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

(sorry if this is not the proper place for this)
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
yooperfan on 3/26/2014(UTC), play2win on 3/27/2014(UTC), musccy on 3/27/2014(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline yooperfan  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 9:25:55 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2014

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan
Applause Given: 807
Applause Received: 397
Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
If you guys are as bored as I have been and are really into the draft, check out this site I came across today (I have no affiliation with it, just found it while browsing Reddit). The site is www.first-pick.com

I have no idea how they get the score they do in the end but I have used draft emulators in the past and for the most part, the computer makes decent choices and offers some trade ups/downs in this one.

So, see if you can beat my (horrible) score and let me know what you think about my inner-TT abilities.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 25 (S.D.): C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama (A)- traded down with San Diego, moved back 4 spots and received their 2nd round pick.
Round 2 Pick 21: Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young (A)
Round 2 Pick 25 (S.D.): DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State (B)
Round 3 Pick 21: Dion Bailey, FS, Southern California (B-)
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa (A)
Round 4 Pick 21: Devin Street, WR, Pittsburgh (B-)
Round 5 Pick 21: Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (D)
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (A)
Round 6 Pick 21: Dri Archer, WR, Kent State (B+)
Round 7 Pick 21: Ben Gardner, DE, Stanford (C-)

Your score is: 3906 (Drafting Ability: C, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

(sorry if this is not the proper place for this)


I would love a draft like that.

Offline play2win  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:28:56 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: Registered
United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee
Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725
Holy crap Yerks! I would freak with us having that draft. Would love to see it happen.
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:33:32 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

Rank: Senior Member
United States
Joined: 1/11/2013(UTC)
Location: Murray, Kentucky
Applause Given: 460
Applause Received: 579
Hm thought Dion Bailey was a SS? Anyway, I would be stoked if that was the Packers haul. Hell, Mosley and Fiedorowicz is enough to make me happy, let alone anyone else.
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
musccy on 3/27/2014(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:36:22 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Premier Member
United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,039
Applause Received: 2,435
Can't even do the damn first pick cuz the site is blocked at work. Lame! But they allow Facebook? wtf.

Anyhow, Dri Archer is a RB from what I've heard and read.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Mucky Tundra on 11/23/2014(UTC)
Offline Yerko  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 8:56:59 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 10/15/2008(UTC)
Location: Chicago, IL
Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 289
Yeah, the site has a few screw ups with some positions I believe but I am assuming someone like Dri Archer is being looked at as a RB/WR/KR and the site was just lazy and listed him as a receiver.

I was mad when I got a D grade for Aaron Colvin in the 5th. If I am not mistaken, before he tore his ACL in the Senior Bowl, he was a top rated corner.

Let me know if any of you get to do it. I am interested to see what other guys want/end up with!
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 9:13:52 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Premier Member
United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,039
Applause Received: 2,435
I'd like to, but I feel work would frown on my reasoning (SUMMONING MY INNER TEDDY!!!) for sneaking around the proxy.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla
Offline warhawk  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 10:43:33 AM(UTC)
warhawk

Rank: Member
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 246
Your score is: 4372 (Drafting Ability: B-, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 31 (DEN): C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 21: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 31 (DEN): Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (B-)
Round 3 Pick 21: C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa (B+)
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas (A)
Round 4 Pick 21: Bruce Ellington, WR, South Carolina (A)
Round 4 Pick 31 (DEN): Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech (B+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College (B)
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Brett Smith, QB, Wyoming (A)
Round 6 Pick 21: Dri Archer, WR, Kent State (B+)
Round 7 Pick 21: Eathyn Manumaleuna, DT, Brigham Young (B-)

I had a better one going but somehow lost it. I like Swanson. Big, tough kid that plays a little dirty. Just the guy I want directly in front of Arod.
I grabbed Archer to see if he can stick as our return guy.
"The train is leaving the station."
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Yerko on 3/27/2014(UTC)
Online buckeyepackfan  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 1:07:31 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio
Applause Given: 413
Applause Received: 510
I traded out of the 1st,(with Washington, I'm telling you it's gonna happen!!!)

Made a Ted Thompson like surprise 1st pick, which cost me points I see. Smile

All in all, I would be happy with this draft.



Your score is: 4419 (Drafting Ability: C+, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 2 (WASH): Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State (B-)
Round 2 Pick 21: Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin (B)
Round 3 Pick 2 (WASH): DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 4 (ATL): Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson (B+)
Round 3 Pick 21: Ed Reynolds, FS, Stanford (A)
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 22 (PHI): Ahmad Dixon, SS, Baylor (B)
Round 5 Pick 2 (WASH): Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama (A)
Round 5 Pick 21: Tyler Larsen, C, Utah State (B+)
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): David Fales, QB, San Jose State (A)
Round 6 Pick 21: Aaron Lynch, DE, South Florida (B+)
Round 7 Pick 27 (S.F.): Cody Hoffman, WR, Brigham Young (B-)
Round 7 Pick 30 (S.F.): Jordan Najvar, TE, Baylor (C+)

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline gbguy20  
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 1:22:32 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)
Applause Given: 224
Applause Received: 294
why the balls would we draft an rb with our first pick
call me Dan
thanks Post received 4 applause.
Mucky Tundra on 3/27/2014(UTC), musccy on 3/27/2014(UTC), texaspackerbacker on 3/27/2014(UTC), wpr on 3/29/2014(UTC)
Offline Yerko  
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 1:37:34 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 10/15/2008(UTC)
Location: Chicago, IL
Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 289
Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post
Your score is: 4372 (Drafting Ability: B-, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 31 (DEN): C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 21: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 31 (DEN): Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (B-)
Round 3 Pick 21: C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa (B+)
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas (A)
Round 4 Pick 21: Bruce Ellington, WR, South Carolina (A)
Round 4 Pick 31 (DEN): Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech (B+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College (B)
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Brett Smith, QB, Wyoming (A)
Round 6 Pick 21: Dri Archer, WR, Kent State (B+)
Round 7 Pick 21: Eathyn Manumaleuna, DT, Brigham Young (B-)

I had a better one going but somehow lost it. I like Swanson. Big, tough kid that plays a little dirty. Just the guy I want directly in front of Arod.
I grabbed Archer to see if he can stick as our return guy.


Solid draft. I agree with you on Swanson and he was sitting there in the 3rd round (pick 21) and I pushed it hoping he was there for the 3rd round comp. I rolled the dice and lost.
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 3:23:41 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)
Applause Given: 50
Applause Received: 1,077
It's kind of addicting but there are way too many trade scenarios for it to be very realisitic lol. You could come out of that thing easily with 15+ draft picks if you wanted.
Online buckeyepackfan  
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 3:46:17 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio
Applause Given: 413
Applause Received: 510
Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
why the balls would we draft an rb with our first pick


Why the balls in 2005 would Ted draft a QB with The Packers 1st pick?????

Ease up, it's all in fun.

When it came time for me to pick at 21 I opted to trade down to 30th and added an extra 3rd rnd pick.

When pick 30 came along, The Redskins offered me their 2,3 and 4th rnd picks for that pick.

Is this very realistic? maybe not, but how could anyone not pass up the chance to accumulate 2nd and 3rd rnd picks in a draft that is said to be deep with talent?

Taking Hyde at that point would just solidify an already top notch running game.

Most RB's shelf life is not very long, and why not have depth for a change at the position.

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline steveishere  
#14 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:03:41 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)
Applause Given: 50
Applause Received: 1,077
lol 16 picks and only moving back 7 spots in the 1st and 1 spot in the 2nd.

Round 1 Pick 28 (CAR): C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 22 (PHI): Dee Ford, DE, Auburn (A)
Round 2 Pick 32 (SEA): Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt (A)
Round 3 Pick 21: DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State (A)
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (A)
Round 4 Pick 20 (ARI): Craig Loston, SS, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 21: Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech (B)
Round 4 Pick 22 (PHI): Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin (A)
Round 4 Pick 29 (S.F.): Jordan Tripp, OLB, Montana (A)
Round 5 Pick 20 (ARI): Jalen Saunders, WR, Oklahoma (B-)
Round 5 Pick 21: James White, RB, Wisconsin (B+)
Round 5 Pick 22 (PHI): Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (A)
Round 5 Pick 30 (S.F.): David Fales, QB, San Jose State (B)
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Michael Sam, DE, Missouri (B-)
Round 6 Pick 21: Tyler Starr, OLB, South Dakota (B+)
Round 7 Pick 21: Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State (B-)
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:26:09 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

Rank: Senior Member
United States
Joined: 1/11/2013(UTC)
Location: Murray, Kentucky
Applause Given: 460
Applause Received: 579
Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
lol 16 picks and only moving back 7 spots in the 1st and 1 spot in the 2nd.

Round 1 Pick 28 (CAR): C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 22 (PHI): Dee Ford, DE, Auburn (A)
Round 2 Pick 32 (SEA): Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt (A)
Round 3 Pick 21: DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State (A)
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (A)
Round 4 Pick 20 (ARI): Craig Loston, SS, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 21: Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech (B)
Round 4 Pick 22 (PHI): Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin (A)
Round 4 Pick 29 (S.F.): Jordan Tripp, OLB, Montana (A)
Round 5 Pick 20 (ARI): Jalen Saunders, WR, Oklahoma (B-)
Round 5 Pick 21: James White, RB, Wisconsin (B+)
Round 5 Pick 22 (PHI): Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (A)
Round 5 Pick 30 (S.F.): David Fales, QB, San Jose State (B)
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Michael Sam, DE, Missouri (B-)
Round 6 Pick 21: Tyler Starr, OLB, South Dakota (B+)
Round 7 Pick 21: Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State (B-)


Would we even have enough jersey numbers to cover that draft come TC? Think
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Similar Topics
Trigger Your Inner Ted Thompson! (Green Bay Packers Talk)
by Mucky Tundra 2/5/2015 5:44:57 PM(UTC)
7 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / cheeseheads123

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / warhawk

1-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Bigbyfan

28-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

28-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

27-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

27-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Yerko

27-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

26-Feb / Announcements / Zero2Cool


Tweeter