Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 11:30:31 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,230

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 4/8/2014(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 11:41:20 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

It will be fun to see him play this year as a true veteran WR, early in his career... I was impressed with him last season, and look forward to seeing him take off this year at the #3WR position.
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 11:43:14 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,714
Applause Received: 665

He's big, long arms, can box you out and go up and get it.

But I think Cobb is way shiftier as far as change of direction.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline warhawk  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 1:17:09 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

I read another article rating the #3 WR's and Boykin was rated the second best. I would say that pretty much solidifies the Packers receiving group along with Rodgers at the very top.

With Lacy and the run game going now this offense will probably rank in the top 2 or three if not the very top of the NFL. I see a real hungry Arod coming out firing on all cylinders and that just makes them that more dangerous.

He was not a very happy man over on those sidelines watching the team struggle and losing games he knows he would have put away. Got to think he's going to be very focused and that's not good news for whoever he faces.
"The train is leaving the station."
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 4/9/2014(UTC)
Offline joemailman  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 3:26:45 PM(UTC)
joemailman

United States

Applause Received: 26

Boykin pretty much made James Jones expendable. He is further proof that 40 times get way too much attention. And he has the NFL's best twitter handle. ThumpUp
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DakotaT on 4/8/2014(UTC), play2win on 4/9/2014(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 5:58:52 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 669
Applause Received: 1,376

I'd still like another Javon Walker type receiver minus the $.10 cent head of course.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 4/8/2014(UTC), play2win on 4/9/2014(UTC)
Offline yooperfan  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:52:49 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 295

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I'd still like another Javon Walker type receiver minus the $.10 cent head of course.

Laughing

Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:56:33 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,230

There are about 30 teams that share that sentiment.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 7:16:04 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 684
Applause Received: 717

On the other hand, House is perhaps our weakest CB.

I wonder who Tramon or Sir Chuck or Richard Sherman would consider the toughest?
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline DakotaT  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 11:54:08 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
There are about 30 teams that share that sentiment.

Yeah, I know, you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see what gets filled up first. But a tall receiver takes away the need to have the athletic tight end, and you can have the much easier attainable blocking tight ends.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 12:24:26 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Yeah, I know, you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see what gets filled up first. But a tall receiver takes away the need to have the athletic tight end, and you can have the much easier attainable blocking tight ends.

Yeah, I don't want Kelvin Benjamin going to the fucking Seahawks. I recall Thompson saying "when you get a chance to draft Michael Jordan, you draft Michael Jordan..."

He would instantly provide incredible depth at WR and matchup nightmares for other teams. Plenty of Safeties in this draft to help us R2-R4.
Offline DakotaT  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 12:31:35 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, I don't want Kelvin Benjamin going to the fucking Seahawks. I recall Thompson saying "when you get a chance to draft Michael Jordan, you draft Michael Jordan..."

He would instantly provide incredible depth at WR and matchup nightmares for other teams. Plenty of Safeties in this draft to help us R2-R4.

I still say Micah Hyde takes the open safety job and we don't look back. I'm all for making the most potent offense possible. The object of the game is to outscore the other team, not hold them to 10 points. We have a decent enough defense if we could only stay healthy.

I haven't done much draft homework yet, just cherry picking off you guys. What else is Buckeye good for. Big Grin

UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 1:02:45 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

I think Boykin did kind of fly under the radar a bit with fans. The guy put up almost 700 yards without Rodgers at QB for half the year and he didn't even get to play really until 3 or 4 games in. Add that to the fact that he was an undrafted guy in his 2nd year that's actually pretty good. James Jones didn't go over 681 until his 6th season, Jordy did in his 4th and Jennings had 920 his 2nd season. I don't think Boykin has the ceiling that Jennings and Jordy did but he definitely looks like a legit WR.

Heck looking back at the schedule Boykin only actually played in 4 games with Rodgers.
thanks Post received 3 applause.
mi_keys on 4/9/2014(UTC), play2win on 4/9/2014(UTC), Mucky Tundra on 4/9/2014(UTC)
Offline cheeseheads123  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:23:41 PM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 72
Applause Received: 120

I still say Micah Hyde takes the open safety job and we don't look back. I'm all for making the most potent offense possible. The object of the game is to outscore the other team, not hold them to 10 points. We have a decent enough defense if we could only stay healthy.

I haven't done much draft homework yet, just cherry picking off you guys. What else is Buckeye good for. Big Grin

Great Defense + Decent Offense > Great Offense + Decent Defense

Great Defense + Decent Offense = Superbowl

Sorry had to take a break from my algebra homework Laughing
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:31:32 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
I think Boykin did kind of fly under the radar a bit with fans. The guy put up almost 700 yards without Rodgers at QB for half the year and he didn't even get to play really until 3 or 4 games in. Add that to the fact that he was an undrafted guy in his 2nd year that's actually pretty good. James Jones didn't go over 681 until his 6th season, Jordy did in his 4th and Jennings had 920 his 2nd season. I don't think Boykin has the ceiling that Jennings and Jordy did but he definitely looks like a legit WR.

Heck looking back at the schedule Boykin only actually played in 4 games with Rodgers.

Great points steveishere.
Offline joemailman  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:52:49 PM(UTC)
joemailman

United States

Applause Received: 26

The impressive thing to me was how well Boykin responded when Cobb got hurt and he became the #3 WR. In the 10 games that Cobb missed, Boykin had 46 receptions for 630 yards. Those numbers projected over a 16 game season would be about 74 receptions and 1000 yards. When Cobb was playing, he simply didn't get the opportunities as the Packers didn't use 4 WR sets very much. And as others have pointed out, he didn't have the advantage of playimg much with Rodgers.
Rss Feed