Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline play2win  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 1:00:06 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

R1 21. Kelvin Benjamin WR Florida State 6-5 235
R2 53. DaQuan Jones DT Penn State 6-4 322
R3 85. Jonathan Dowling FS Western Kentucky 6-3 190
R3 98. Telvin Smith ILB Florida State 6-3 218
R4 104. Bryan Stork OC Florida State 6-4 315 (trade with NYJ for pick 161, 236 and 2015 R3 selection)
R4 121. Ahmad Dixon SS Baylor 6-0 212
R5 161. (traded to NYJ)
R5 176. Beau Allen DT Wisconsin 6-3 334
R6 197. Jeremy Gallon WR/KR Michigan 5-8 184
R7 236. (traded to NYJ)

I would love to see this happen. Whoa man! Ride this sucker to the Super Bowl!

Alright! Let's see some more!!! It's all fun. It's all good! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Message modified by user Tuesday, April 8, 2014 1:10:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 4/8/2014(UTC)
Offline yooperfan  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:59:02 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 295

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
R1 21. Kelvin Benjamin WR Florida State 6-5 235
R2 53. DaQuan Jones DT Penn State 6-4 322
R3 85. Jonathan Dowling FS Western Kentucky 6-3 190
R3 98. Telvin Smith ILB Florida State 6-3 218
R4 104. Bryan Stork OC Florida State 6-4 315 (trade with NYJ for pick 161, 236 and 2015 R3 selection)
R4 121. Ahmad Dixon SS Baylor 6-0 212
R5 161. (traded to NYJ)
R5 176. Beau Allen DT Wisconsin 6-3 334
R6 197. Jeremy Gallon WR/KR Michigan 5-8 184
R7 236. (traded to NYJ)

I would love to see this happen. Whoa man! Ride this sucker to the Super Bowl!

Alright! Let's see some more!!! It's all fun. It's all good! Laughing Laughing Laughing


I like it!
The Dowling kid has great size but can he play right out the gate?
I'd love to get Gallon as a kick return specialist. When we have a Michigan Wolverine on the roster we are just about Guaranteed a Lombardi.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 4/9/2014(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 7:39:23 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
I like it!
The Dowling kid has great size but can he play right out the gate?
I'd love to get Gallon as a kick return specialist. When we have a Michigan Wolverine on the roster we are just about Guaranteed a Lombardi.



Add to that the kid is one hell of a receiver too! He would make a great addition as Cobb's backup in the slot.

Jeremy Gallon
Quote:
four-year letterman ...appeared in 51 contests at wide receiver and kick and punt returner, making 25 starts ... holds the program record for receiving yards in a single season (1,373 yards) ... holds the Big Ten record for receiving yards in a single game (369) ... has recorded a reception in 39 consecutive games ... has recorded at least four receptions in 17 of his last 18 contests.

http://www.mgoblue.com/s...eremy_gallon_470873.html

BTW, i guess my wish list at SS could include Deone Bucannon 6-1 211 out of Washington State. Solid tackler, over 100 tackles 2 seasons in a row. 6 picks last year tied for Pac 12 lead. 3 FFs, 3 FRs. Seems like a real football player, with decent size.

Message modified by user Wednesday, April 9, 2014 7:52:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Wade  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 4:59:22 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 684
Applause Received: 717

Okay, here's the one I'm going with. FWIW I used first-pick.com (after they tightened up the trade rules, but it is still too easy IMO to trade). But since anything I would come up would be even worse, and since I think this is a year for trading down from #21, here goes....

Your Picks:
Trade Round 1#21 to Tampa Bay for Round 2 #6 and Round 3 #5.
Trade Round 2 #6 to NYGiants for Round 2 #11 and Round 3 #10.
Trade Round 2 #11 to New Orleans for Round 2#26 and Round 3#27.
Round 2 Pick 21: Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State
Round 2 Pick 26 (N.O.): Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU
Trade Round 3 #5 to Dallas for Round 3 #7 and Round 7 #23.
Trade Round 3 #7 to St. Louis for Round 3 #11 and Round 7 #26.
Round 3 Pick 10 (NYG): Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut
Round 3 Pick 11 (STL): Telvin Smith, OLB, Florida State
Round 3 Pick 21: C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa
Round 3 Pick 27 (N.O.): Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Anthony Steen, OG, Alabama
Round 4 Pick 21: Christian Jones, ILB, Florida State
Round 5 Pick 21: Brent Urban, DE, Virginia
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Nat Berhe, SS, San Diego State
Round 6 Pick 21: Nickoe Whitley, FS, Mississippi State
Round 7 Pick 21: Dri Archer, WR, Kent State
Round 7 Pick 23 (DAL): Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
Round 7 Pick 26 (STL): De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon

My general strategy was driven by the following:
1. Most of the people penciled in as possible at 21 or later to fill GB needs (e.g. Nix) are overvalued. The one exception for me is Mosley, but in the end I gave up Mosley because...

2. I think the real wealth of this draft (not counting picks 1-15) is between mid-2nd and the end of the third. But I also think it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that given other teams competing for players between #21 and mid 2nd could if cards "fell right", #21 could be used to pick 2 or even 3 picks in this wealth range. (Though I'm skeptical of getting 4 extra as I got here).

3. I think FS (the biggest shortcoming of my draft here) is very thin after Clinton-Dix and Pryor, and I think Pryor belongs in the early 2nd. To my mind none of the rest of the FS represents enough on the "replace Nick Collins" scale to warrant anything before the 4th. (Indeed, the only safety I saw as 4th or better after those two is SS Dixon from Baylor.) There might be some small school guy I don't know about who is the Nick Collins of this draft (I never heard of Collins before he was drafted either), but of the usuals suspects people name, Bailey/Dowling/et al, I think they're late 5th quality or less.

4. I think the DTs/DEs that would go between #1 at 21 and #2 at 21 are also somewhat overrated (especially Nix, IMO), though there's a lot of mid- and late 2nd people there.

5. I ultimately ended up more "best available player" than I thought I would. I never expected to pick a WR in the second, but when Landry fell, I couldn't not go for it. (If he hadn't been available, I wouldn't have gone WR until late fourth or even fifth (would have aimed at Grant from Tulane or Jones from Notre Dame).

6. Biggest reach for me probably was Steen at OG. (No one should be surprised that I wanted two high OL picks, given my past advocacy.) If Mewhort had lasted, I might have foregone Landry in the 2nd; but the guy I really wanted was James from Tennessee.

7. My thought with getting the extra 7ths was to get a jump on the FA signings. I wanted to get some "change of pace" speed back/WR and so wanted either Archer or Thomas; but jumped on both when Archer fell that late.

8. I can't believe I didn't draft more than two OL, actually, especially with all the picks in rounds 2,3, and 4. But there was always a BPA when I came up. And the difference between my knowledge of 6th/7th OL and undrafted FA OL isn't enough to warrant a flyer in those rounds. So late I went with "bodies at position/role of need" or "left on board because of injury/character concerns".

9. FWIW, here is my draft with no trades at all (without the extra picks, more abandonment of BPA):

Round 1: Mosley, Alabama, ILB
Round 2: Richburg, Colo State, C
Round 3a: Smith, Florida State, OLB
Round 3b: McCullers, Tennessee, DT
Round 4: Dixon, SS, Baylor.
Round 5a: Jones, WR, Notre Dame.
Round 5b: Urschel, OG, Penn State. (I *really* didn't like the choices here -- everyone available looked like a reach -- but was stuck with the pick, so reverted to my "OL OL OL" knee jerking.)
Round 6: Whitley, FS, Mississippi State.
Round 7:Colvin, CB, Oklahoma.


And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 5:06:01 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Okay, here's the one I'm going with. FWIW I used first-pick.com (after they tightened up the trade rules, but it is still too easy IMO to trade). But since anything I would come up would be even worse, and since I think this is a year for trading down from #21, here goes....

Your Picks:
Trade Round 1#21 to Tampa Bay for Round 2 #6 and Round 3 #5.
Trade Round 2 #6 to NYGiants for Round 2 #11 and Round 3 #10.
Trade Round 2 #11 to New Orleans for Round 2#26 and Round 3#27.
Round 2 Pick 21: Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State
Round 2 Pick 26 (N.O.): Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU
Trade Round 3 #5 to Dallas for Round 3 #7 and Round 7 #23.
Trade Round 3 #7 to St. Louis for Round 3 #11 and Round 7 #26.
Round 3 Pick 10 (NYG): Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut
Round 3 Pick 11 (STL): Telvin Smith, OLB, Florida State
Round 3 Pick 21: C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa
Round 3 Pick 27 (N.O.): Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Anthony Steen, OG, Alabama
Round 4 Pick 21: Christian Jones, ILB, Florida State
Round 5 Pick 21: Brent Urban, DE, Virginia
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Nat Berhe, SS, San Diego State
Round 6 Pick 21: Nickoe Whitley, FS, Mississippi State
Round 7 Pick 21: Dri Archer, WR, Kent State
Round 7 Pick 23 (DAL): Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
Round 7 Pick 26 (STL): De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon

My general strategy was driven by the following:
1. Most of the people penciled in as possible at 21 or later to fill GB needs (e.g. Nix) are overvalued. The one exception for me is Mosley, but in the end I gave up Mosley because...

2. I think the real wealth of this draft (not counting picks 1-15) is between mid-2nd and the end of the third. But I also think it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that given other teams competing for players between #21 and mid 2nd could if cards "fell right", #21 could be used to pick 2 or even 3 picks in this wealth range. (Though I'm skeptical of getting 4 extra as I got here).

3. I think FS (the biggest shortcoming of my draft here) is very thin after Clinton-Dix and Pryor, and I think Pryor belongs in the early 2nd. To my mind none of the rest of the FS represents enough on the "replace Nick Collins" scale to warrant anything before the 4th. (Indeed, the only safety I saw as 4th or better after those two is SS Dixon from Baylor.) There might be some small school guy I don't know about who is the Nick Collins of this draft (I never heard of Collins before he was drafted either), but of the usuals suspects people name, Bailey/Dowling/et al, I think they're late 5th quality or less.

4. I think the DTs/DEs that would go between #1 at 21 and #2 at 21 are also somewhat overrated (especially Nix, IMO), though there's a lot of mid- and late 2nd people there.

5. I ultimately ended up more "best available player" than I thought I would. I never expected to pick a WR in the second, but when Landry fell, I couldn't not go for it. (If he hadn't been available, I wouldn't have gone WR until late fourth or even fifth (would have aimed at Grant from Tulane or Jones from Notre Dame).

6. Biggest reach for me probably was Steen at OG. (No one should be surprised that I wanted two high OL picks, given my past advocacy.) If Mewhort had lasted, I might have foregone Landry in the 2nd; but the guy I really wanted was James from Tennessee.

7. My thought with getting the extra 7ths was to get a jump on the FA signings. I wanted to get some "change of pace" speed back/WR and so wanted either Archer or Thomas; but jumped on both when Archer fell that late.

8. I can't believe I didn't draft more than two OL, actually, especially with all the picks in rounds 2,3, and 4. But there was always a BPA when I came up. And the difference between my knowledge of 6th/7th OL and undrafted FA OL isn't enough to warrant a flyer in those rounds. So late I went with "bodies at position/role of need" or "left on board because of injury/character concerns".

9. FWIW, here is my draft with no trades at all (without the extra picks, more abandonment of BPA):

Round 1: Mosley, Alabama, ILB
Round 2: Richburg, Colo State, C
Round 3a: Smith, Florida State, OLB
Round 3b: McCullers, Tennessee, DT
Round 4: Dixon, SS, Baylor.
Round 5a: Jones, WR, Notre Dame.
Round 5b: Urschel, OG, Penn State. (I *really* didn't like the choices here -- everyone available looked like a reach -- but was stuck with the pick, so reverted to my "OL OL OL" knee jerking.)
Round 6: Whitley, FS, Mississippi State.
Round 7:Colvin, CB, Oklahoma.



A mistake compounded by more mistakes to trade down. I'd expect that of Ted Thompson, but not of you, Wade.

As for your no trade version, a little bit better, but no more than a shot in the dark at solving the Safety problem, while picking up a lot that we really don't need IMO - Center, D-Line, WR, Corner.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Wade  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 5:44:14 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 684
Applause Received: 717

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
A mistake compounded by more mistakes to trade down. I'd expect that of Ted Thompson, but not of you, Wade.

As for your no trade version, a little bit better, but no more than a shot in the dark at solving the Safety problem, while picking up a lot that we really don't need IMO - Center, D-Line, WR, Corner.



IMO we do need a center. Everyone is so convinced we have a potential late rounder who is the solution. I want more than that going in to the season. And IMO Richburg was the best center out there. I thought long and hard about taking him at both #11 and #6. He may bomb, but right now I think he's got "10-year starter" look all over him. Which, as you know, is not something I think of many of the current OL on the Packer roster.

I might have taken Mewhort at OT instead, but he was gone in the draft by #6, and that to me was too high for someone who had less upside than Richburg does.

And as for DL, Daniels is good, and then we have...unproven guys and BJ Raji. To me this is major need.

WR, I agree with you on, but IMO when you've got value at a position at a half round or perhaps more earlier than the pick is available, it was hard not to pull the trigger. And the other WR is a late 7th for someone who might offer speed the team doesnt have -- either at WR or KR/PR. A flyer.

As for the corner pick, its a 7th rounder on someone who before the season was talked of as first round potential. A pure flyer,essentially an unsigned FA.

I agree the lack of FS is a problem. But, IMO, Clinton-Nix is long gone before the Packers can get him without major sacrifice. And Pryor for me is a reach until the second. And, IMO, everyone after that is a reach until well past the third round. Even given the shjt that is the team at FS, I don't think anyone out there is substantially better than Berhe (who played both FS and SS)/Whitley possibilities. The last thing we need is spending a second or third or even a fourth on a guy who has two or more of the following: takes bad angles, lacks closing speed, and/or bad tackler. And from what I've read, all of the others do.

Now if you want to say Mosley is a better solution at ILB than Smallwood plus Jones, I can see that. But being able to have both of those plus a top WR and Telvin Smith or Fiedorwitz, I think the decision is pretty hard.

I was surprised myself at my trade down proclivities here. But, as I said, I think late 1st early 2nd in general, and especially in the draft, and there is amazing value out there between picks 45 and 100 or so this year. Given the number of team needs, being able to add four or more picks in that range I couldn't pass by.



And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 5:54:57 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

Having 9 picks in this draft I believe I am beginning to think less and less of us trading back in the first round
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 4/9/2014(UTC)
Online Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:01:01 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,226

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
Having 9 picks in this draft I believe I am beginning to think less and less of us trading back in the first round


I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade back, and I hope they do.

Load up on 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounders.

Package some later round picks to get into the 4th or some creative method.

Folks are saying this is one of the deepest drafts in a long time.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Online Mucky Tundra  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:06:14 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 1/11/2013(UTC)
Location: Murray, Kentucky

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 484

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade back, and I hope they do.

Load up on 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounders.

Package some later round picks to get into the 4th or some creative method.

Folks are saying this is one of the deepest drafts in a long time.


Even before they awarded a 3rd rounder, I figured we'd end up with 4 picks in the first three rounds this year. Now I'm starting to wonder if we'll end up with 5 or more.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:13:32 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Okay, here's the one I'm going with. FWIW I used first-pick.com (after they tightened up the trade rules, but it is still too easy IMO to trade). But since anything I would come up would be even worse, and since I think this is a year for trading down from #21, here goes....

Your Picks:
Trade Round 1#21 to Tampa Bay for Round 2 #6 and Round 3 #5.
Trade Round 2 #6 to NYGiants for Round 2 #11 and Round 3 #10.
Trade Round 2 #11 to New Orleans for Round 2#26 and Round 3#27.
Round 2 Pick 21: Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State
Round 2 Pick 26 (N.O.): Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU
Trade Round 3 #5 to Dallas for Round 3 #7 and Round 7 #23.
Trade Round 3 #7 to St. Louis for Round 3 #11 and Round 7 #26.
Round 3 Pick 10 (NYG): Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut
Round 3 Pick 11 (STL): Telvin Smith, OLB, Florida State
Round 3 Pick 21: C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa
Round 3 Pick 27 (N.O.): Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Anthony Steen, OG, Alabama
Round 4 Pick 21: Christian Jones, ILB, Florida State
Round 5 Pick 21: Brent Urban, DE, Virginia
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Nat Berhe, SS, San Diego State
Round 6 Pick 21: Nickoe Whitley, FS, Mississippi State
Round 7 Pick 21: Dri Archer, WR, Kent State
Round 7 Pick 23 (DAL): Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
Round 7 Pick 26 (STL): De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon

My general strategy was driven by the following:
1. Most of the people penciled in as possible at 21 or later to fill GB needs (e.g. Nix) are overvalued. The one exception for me is Mosley, but in the end I gave up Mosley because...

2. I think the real wealth of this draft (not counting picks 1-15) is between mid-2nd and the end of the third. But I also think it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that given other teams competing for players between #21 and mid 2nd could if cards "fell right", #21 could be used to pick 2 or even 3 picks in this wealth range. (Though I'm skeptical of getting 4 extra as I got here).

3. I think FS (the biggest shortcoming of my draft here) is very thin after Clinton-Dix and Pryor, and I think Pryor belongs in the early 2nd. To my mind none of the rest of the FS represents enough on the "replace Nick Collins" scale to warrant anything before the 4th. (Indeed, the only safety I saw as 4th or better after those two is SS Dixon from Baylor.) There might be some small school guy I don't know about who is the Nick Collins of this draft (I never heard of Collins before he was drafted either), but of the usuals suspects people name, Bailey/Dowling/et al, I think they're late 5th quality or less.

4. I think the DTs/DEs that would go between #1 at 21 and #2 at 21 are also somewhat overrated (especially Nix, IMO), though there's a lot of mid- and late 2nd people there.

5. I ultimately ended up more "best available player" than I thought I would. I never expected to pick a WR in the second, but when Landry fell, I couldn't not go for it. (If he hadn't been available, I wouldn't have gone WR until late fourth or even fifth (would have aimed at Grant from Tulane or Jones from Notre Dame).

6. Biggest reach for me probably was Steen at OG. (No one should be surprised that I wanted two high OL picks, given my past advocacy.) If Mewhort had lasted, I might have foregone Landry in the 2nd; but the guy I really wanted was James from Tennessee.

7. My thought with getting the extra 7ths was to get a jump on the FA signings. I wanted to get some "change of pace" speed back/WR and so wanted either Archer or Thomas; but jumped on both when Archer fell that late.

8. I can't believe I didn't draft more than two OL, actually, especially with all the picks in rounds 2,3, and 4. But there was always a BPA when I came up. And the difference between my knowledge of 6th/7th OL and undrafted FA OL isn't enough to warrant a flyer in those rounds. So late I went with "bodies at position/role of need" or "left on board because of injury/character concerns".

9. FWIW, here is my draft with no trades at all (without the extra picks, more abandonment of BPA):

Round 1: Mosley, Alabama, ILB
Round 2: Richburg, Colo State, C
Round 3a: Smith, Florida State, OLB
Round 3b: McCullers, Tennessee, DT
Round 4: Dixon, SS, Baylor.
Round 5a: Jones, WR, Notre Dame.
Round 5b: Urschel, OG, Penn State. (I *really* didn't like the choices here -- everyone available looked like a reach -- but was stuck with the pick, so reverted to my "OL OL OL" knee jerking.)
Round 6: Whitley, FS, Mississippi State.
Round 7:Colvin, CB, Oklahoma.




Wade, I was thinking more on the realist side vs. the crazy game approach, so I was glad to see your straight up picks.

I agree with you on many team needs, and especially like the idea of adding WR as insurance should we suffer an injury there.

C is super important too for the same reason.

Then at S we have differing opinions. I happen to think Ha-Ha and Pryor may be overhyped, and like some of the other Safeties better. Except Ahmad Dixon. I hope like hell we draft him!
Online Mucky Tundra  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 7:25:39 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 1/11/2013(UTC)
Location: Murray, Kentucky

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 484

Since this is turning into a impromptu mock draft thread

UserPostedImage

1st Round: Guinness. Solid first choice. Has a blue collar background though there are worries of over exposure of late
2nd Round: Stella Artois. Polished product from a pedigree background
3rd Round: Blue Moon. Can't go wrong with this pick at this spot.
3rd Round Comp: Samaul Adams Seasonal. At this point, a pure value pick
4th Round: Fat Tire. Great production at current level but some worries over playing weight.
5th Round: Dos Equis Amber. Rotational option.
5th Round Comp: Newcastle Brown Ale. Good potential but either you hate this pick or love it at this spot
6th Round: Budweiser. Filler pick. Probably a product of the system rather than any real talent.
7th Round: Coors Light. See Budweiser analysis.

Wait, what kind of draft are we talking about here? Oh that draft! Big Grin
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 4 applause.
Rockmolder on 4/10/2014(UTC), Wade on 4/10/2014(UTC), GermanGilbert on 4/10/2014(UTC), dhazer on 4/10/2014(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 7:37:04 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457


Two things I have learned from using 1st pick.
1. The names of players who don't go to Ohio State, and what rnds guys are expected to be drafted.
It's going to make watching the draft this year a little more interesting.

.2. Every draft I have done(and that's a lot), 1 of the top 10 players in the draft always seem to fall to 21, Ebron, Clinton-Dix, Dennard, Evans, Nix, Arnold, if that happens I see Ted grabbing whichever guy it is(the value just to high not to take at 21).

I have 2 that I will go with.

Using 1st pick....in the 1st Clinton-Dix fell to 21.

Stayed pat throughout the draft,came up with thi result:


Round 1 Pick 21: Hasean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
Round 2 Pick 21: Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young
Round 3 Pick 21: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Keith McGill, CB, Utah
Round 4 Pick 21: Chris Smith, DE, Arkansas
Round 5 Pick 21: Michael Schofield, OT, Michigan
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): David Fales, QB, San Jose State
Round 6 Pick 21: TJ Jones, WR, Notre Dame
Round 7 Pick 21: Rob Blanchflower, TE, Massachusetts

Since it's very improbable Clinton-Dix will fall to 21, I am also posting this draft.
I traded down to 30 since all the "big name" players were taken before 21.
Used those trade picks to move up in the 4th, 5th and 6th rnds.

Although this draft didn't score as mu "highest" according to 1st pick.
I like the guys that were available when I drafted, would take these guys anytime to keep the "Draft and Develop" going in Green Bay.


Round 1 Pick 30 (S.F.): Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
Round 2 Pick 21: Marqise Lee, WR, Southern California
Round 3 Pick 21: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU
Round 4 Pick 2 (WASH): Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut
Round 4 Pick 21: Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia
Round 5 Pick 10 (JAX): Dontae Johnson, FS, North Carolina State
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Tyler Starr, OLB, South Dakota
Round 6 Pick 2 (WASH): David Fales, QB, San Jose State

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 4/10/2014(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 4:14:25 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
Since this is turning into a impromptu mock draft thread

UserPostedImage

1st Round: Guinness. Solid first choice. Has a blue collar background though there are worries of over exposure of late
2nd Round: Stella Artois. Polished product from a pedigree background
3rd Round: Blue Moon. Can't go wrong with this pick at this spot.
3rd Round Comp: Samaul Adams Seasonal. At this point, a pure value pick
4th Round: Fat Tire. Great production at current level but some worries over playing weight.
5th Round: Dos Equis Amber. Rotational option.
5th Round Comp: Newcastle Brown Ale. Good potential but either you hate this pick or love it at this spot
6th Round: Budweiser. Filler pick. Probably a product of the system rather than any real talent.
7th Round: Coors Light. See Budweiser analysis.

Wait, what kind of draft are we talking about here? Oh that draft! Big Grin


I like your draft best Mucky. Laughing Laughing Laughing

"over exposure..." too good.
Offline play2win  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 4:25:23 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Two things I have learned from using 1st pick.
1. The names of players who don't go to Ohio State, and what rnds guys are expected to be drafted.
It's going to make watching the draft this year a little more interesting.

.2. Every draft I have done(and that's a lot), 1 of the top 10 players in the draft always seem to fall to 21, Ebron, Clinton-Dix, Dennard, Evans, Nix, Arnold, if that happens I see Ted grabbing whichever guy it is(the value just to high not to take at 21).

I have 2 that I will go with.

Using 1st pick....in the 1st Clinton-Dix fell to 21.

Stayed pat throughout the draft,came up with thi result:


Round 1 Pick 21: Hasean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
Round 2 Pick 21: Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young
Round 3 Pick 21: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Keith McGill, CB, Utah
Round 4 Pick 21: Chris Smith, DE, Arkansas
Round 5 Pick 21: Michael Schofield, OT, Michigan
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): David Fales, QB, San Jose State
Round 6 Pick 21: TJ Jones, WR, Notre Dame
Round 7 Pick 21: Rob Blanchflower, TE, Massachusetts

Since it's very improbable Clinton-Dix will fall to 21, I am also posting this draft.
I traded down to 30 since all the "big name" players were taken before 21.
Used those trade picks to move up in the 4th, 5th and 6th rnds.

Although this draft didn't score as mu "highest" according to 1st pick.
I like the guys that were available when I drafted, would take these guys anytime to keep the "Draft and Develop" going in Green Bay.


Round 1 Pick 30 (S.F.): Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
Round 2 Pick 21: Marqise Lee, WR, Southern California
Round 3 Pick 21: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU
Round 4 Pick 2 (WASH): Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut
Round 4 Pick 21: Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia
Round 5 Pick 10 (JAX): Dontae Johnson, FS, North Carolina State
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Tyler Starr, OLB, South Dakota
Round 6 Pick 2 (WASH): David Fales, QB, San Jose State



Holy Crap buckeye! Your first 4 picks would go a very long way towards solving any problems we have on D. Keith McGill at the end of R3 would be a nice way to finish that off - though would like to see an ILB in there. And with your 2nd set, Kony Ealy and Anthony Johnson are big dudes. Getting Smallwood at the top of R4 would be big.
Offline play2win  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 5:24:29 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Hey, anyone think we may take a stab at DE Kareem Martin 6-6 266 out of North Carolina? Someone for fellow NC alumni Julius Peppers to mentor? Almost a prototype. He had 78 tackles last year, 20 for loss and 11 sacks. I could see it.
Offline wpr  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 5:29:24 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Wade all your trading down would drive me crazy. I would be a sniper in a bell tower somewhere and people would be wondering why. When I mumbled something about that damn "Uncle Teddy" no one outside this board would have a clue since I have no Uncle named Teddy, Ted or Theodore.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 4/10/2014(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 5:39:57 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Postal.

Yeah, I understand this draft is perceived to be deep, but you do want to get the best players you can out of a deep draft. Not to mention, for a real mock, there has to be some realistic expectations of the kinds of trades that can be made. Trades are not easy to pull off. I would imagine there will be a ton of teams wanting to trade down for the same reasons many in the draft game do.

Maybe this is the year Ted finds partners to trade up, as well as down. He does seem pretty masterful when it comes to closing draft day deals. All I care is that he lands some really good players for us. If he somehow walks away with 5 really solid players at their respective positions, I'll be happy and consider this team improved. Having 4 in the top 100 to start is a big help.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 4/10/2014(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:33:40 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

Buckeye, since Clinton-Dix actually DID last until #21 in your stand pat draft, why would you say you don't think he will last that long? In most of the mock drafts I've seen, he is still there. I like that one of yours mainly because you went back for another Safety in the 3rd round too.

Wade, as I have said, with the Packer propensity to cross-train O-Linemen to play Center and to not do a lot of sophisticated stuff from the Center position, I really don't think they should or will draft a Center until very late if at all.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Online mi_keys  
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:50:29 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 227
Applause Received: 359

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Buckeye, since Clinton-Dix actually DID last until #21 in your stand pat draft, why would you say you don't think he will last that long? In most of the mock drafts I've seen, he is still there. I like that one of yours mainly because you went back for another Safety in the 3rd round too.

Wade, as I have said, with the Packer propensity to cross-train O-Linemen to play Center and to not do a lot of sophisticated stuff from the Center position, I really don't think they should or will draft a Center until very late if at all.


Out of curiosity, which mocks have Dix available at 21? I think all of the nfl.com and a few others I've looked at all have him gone by the Rams at 13 or Bears at 14. I'd be ecstatic if he fell to us, mind you.
Born and bred a cheesehead
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 4/10/2014(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 9:30:16 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Out of curiosity, which mocks have Dix available at 21? I think all of the nfl.com and a few others I've looked at all have him gone by the Rams at 13 or Bears at 14. I'd be ecstatic if he fell to us, mind you.


Yeah, I've seen him in the 10-15 range. But, stocks do fall, and maybe his does. I still question whether or not he is all of that. Is it his SEC experience that is driving up his stock? Because, to me, there are a handful more guys playing the position with equal or better skills/measureables. Pure, layman's fan perspective though. Sure, he is a good player and I would't mind at all if he were our pick. Not one bit.

Agree on the mocks. I haven't seen him falling.
Online mi_keys  
#21 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 10:10:48 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 227
Applause Received: 359

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, I've seen him in the 10-15 range. But, stocks do fall, and maybe his does. I still question whether or not he is all of that. Is it his SEC experience that is driving up his stock? Because, to me, there are a handful more guys playing the position with equal or better skills/measureables. Pure, layman's fan perspective though. Sure, he is a good player and I would't mind at all if he were our pick. Not one bit.

Agree on the mocks. I haven't seen him falling.


I don't watch enough college football outside of the Badgers to claim to be anything approaching an expert. So we're discussing layman to layman.

I'm curious who you look at with equal or better skills/measurables. Pryor is two inches shorter and ran the same 40 time. He looks and tested stronger. I love his hits but despise that he never appears to wrap up. We've seen enough missed tackles the past few years. Maybe that could be fixed with coaching, though. I'd be happy with Pryor as well.

Terrence Brooks looks like he has fantastic speed and range. He's two inches shorter but tested much better in the vertical. I read he had trouble catching the ball and also doesn't like to wrap up. He'd probably be a good shout on the second day.

Maybe you mean some of the guys that are projected a little bit later?

In any event, he seems like a good all-around safety prospect. I like his pedigree and what I read about him. Then again, it would be fair to say some of the Alabama and other SEC prospects have been overhyped coming out (thankfully, that wasn't the case with Lacy).

I actually like Mosley and would hope to get one of the other guys later but I am a little worried about Mosley's injury history.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline play2win  
#22 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:49:32 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
I don't watch enough college football outside of the Badgers to claim to be anything approaching an expert. So we're discussing layman to layman.

I'm curious who you look at with equal or better skills/measurables. Pryor is two inches shorter and ran the same 40 time. He looks and tested stronger. I love his hits but despise that he never appears to wrap up. We've seen enough missed tackles the past few years. Maybe that could be fixed with coaching, though. I'd be happy with Pryor as well.

Terrence Brooks looks like he has fantastic speed and range. He's two inches shorter but tested much better in the vertical. I read he had trouble catching the ball and also doesn't like to wrap up. He'd probably be a good shout on the second day.

Maybe you mean some of the guys that are projected a little bit later?

In any event, he seems like a good all-around safety prospect. I like his pedigree and what I read about him. Then again, it would be fair to say some of the Alabama and other SEC prospects have been overhyped coming out (thankfully, that wasn't the case with Lacy).

I actually like Mosley and would hope to get one of the other guys later but I am a little worried about Mosley's injury history.


Yeah mi_keys, I like SS Deone Bucannon 6-1 211 out of Washington State, FS Jonathan Dowling 6-3 198 out of Western Kentucky, FS Ed Reynolds 6-1 207 out of Stanford, and SS Ahmad Dixon 6-0 212 out of Baylor - all of them as much or more than Clinton-Dix or Pryor. I would say Reynolds if only for the size in projecting him to the NFL and what we are seeing today. The others, Bucannon, Dowling and Dixon are all super solid tacklers and have a knack for picking the ball or forcing TOs.

Clinton-Dix is a 4.54-4.58 guys speed wise, had 56 tackles, 2 INTs last season and 6 passes defended. Was also suspended for 2 games. That gives me some pause, when we are talking top 10-15 in draft order.

Compare to Bucannon's 4.49 40 time, 78 solo tackles (114 total), 6 INTs (15 on his career), 3 FFs, has a larger presence about him. I consider him the #1 S in this draft.


Dowling's 40 time was 4.52, 67 tackles, 3 INTs (9 on career), 6 FFs 7 passes defended. Watch the hit on this QB, The 3 picks, the strip from behind on a jail break play, then skip the last video and erase it from your memory! Laughing
http://www.arrowheadprid...ling-fs-western-kentucky

Dixon posted a 4.64 40 time, but he ran a 4.48 in his workout and has run a 4.39. 81 tackles (288 career), 1 INT (4 career) and 1 FF. This guy is just super strong at sniffing out run plays and crushing them. Solid, fast, willing tackler with an attitude.


BTW, don't get me wrong. I will be happy to get any of the guys we've mentioned, as I believe we will improve greatly having just one of these players added to our D. I'd love for us to add two.

Message modified by user Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:59:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks Post received 2 applause.
mi_keys on 4/11/2014(UTC), DarkaneRules on 4/12/2014(UTC)
Offline Wade  
#23 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:19:18 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 684
Applause Received: 717

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Buckeye, since Clinton-Dix actually DID last until #21 in your stand pat draft, why would you say you don't think he will last that long? In most of the mock drafts I've seen, he is still there. I like that one of yours mainly because you went back for another Safety in the 3rd round too.

Wade, as I have said, with the Packer propensity to cross-train O-Linemen to play Center and to not do a lot of sophisticated stuff from the Center position, I really don't think they should or will draft a Center until very late if at all.


Well, I wasn't trying to predict what they will do, only my particular version of what I would do (or, maybe, what I want them to do).

The only time I correctly predicted one of TT's draft pick's was A J Hawk.

(And it wasn't the one I wanted/argued for either.)

I do like first-pick.com, though. Obviously it makes trades too easy, but for some reason I like it better than the usual "here's my mock" approach. More interactive/participatory/detailed/constrained-by-something-other-than-the-mocker's-own-opinions.

Actually, IMO, its damnably addictive for me....I think I've already done at least twenty iterations with different strategies....how a "need-based" works out differently than a "pure BPA", how "trade down for value" might take one in different directions, how the draft tactics and strategy evolve on the fly as other team's picks vary from the last iteration.

IMO whoever thought it up is a genius, and as soon as I have a few bucks (next paycheck), I'm going to donate to the site.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#24 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 4:02:19 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

There are 16 Offensive players who are rated high enough to be drafted in the 1st rnd.

What I hope happens is the teams drafting ahead of The Packers draft these players.

The Packers could use a TE(Ebron) or O-lineman(Martin), even one of the top WR's would be nice, but if Offensive players go high and often, that leaves plenty of defensive players for Ted to pick and choose from.

01 Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida QB
02 Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M OT
03 Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M QB
04 Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson WR
05 Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville QB
06 Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn OT
07 Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame OT
08 Odell Beckham, WR, LSU WR
09 Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
10 Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
11 Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina TE
12 Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M WR
13 Tre Mason, RB, Auburn RB
14 Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State WR
15 Marcus Martin, C, Southern California C
16 Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State QB

Here is a list of 22 Defensive players which Ted should be able to grab at least 2 of them without trading up.

01 Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina DE
02 Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh DT
03 Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
04 Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo OLB
05 Hasean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama FS
06 Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
07 Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
08 Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
09 Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
10 Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame
11 Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young
12 Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
13 Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville
14 Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State
15 Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina
16 Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
17 Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
18 Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
19 Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
20 Carl Bradford, OLB, Arizona State
21 C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
22 Terrence Brooks, FS, Florida State

One thing I have learned is there are plenty of high rated DT's in this draft, a really good one (Anthony Johnson) always seems to still available late into the 3rd rnd.

Ted could grab a TE or WR in the 1st or 2nd and still have a shot at D-line help in the 3rd.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline play2win  
#25 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 4:21:42 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
There are 16 Offensive players who are rated high enough to be drafted in the 1st rnd.

What I hope happens is the teams drafting ahead of The Packers draft these players.

The Packers could use a TE(Ebron) or O-lineman(Martin), even one of the top WR's would be nice, but if Offensive players go high and often, that leaves plenty of defensive players for Ted to pick and choose from.

01 Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida QB
02 Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M OT
03 Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M QB
04 Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson WR
05 Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville QB
06 Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn OT
07 Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame OT
08 Odell Beckham, WR, LSU WR
09 Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
10 Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
11 Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina TE
12 Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M WR
13 Tre Mason, RB, Auburn RB
14 Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State WR
15 Marcus Martin, C, Southern California C
16 Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State QB

Here is a list of 22 Defensive players which Ted should be able to grab at least 2 of them without trading up.

01 Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina DE
02 Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh DT
03 Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
04 Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo OLB
05 Hasean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama FS
06 Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
07 Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
08 Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
09 Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
10 Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame
11 Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young
12 Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
13 Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville
14 Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State
15 Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina
16 Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
17 Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
18 Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
19 Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
20 Carl Bradford, OLB, Arizona State
21 C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
22 Terrence Brooks, FS, Florida State

One thing I have learned is there are plenty of high rated DT's in this draft, a really good one (Anthony Johnson) always seems to still available late into the 3rd rnd.

Ted could grab a TE or WR in the 1st or 2nd and still have a shot at D-line help in the 3rd.


I agree buckeye. That is a boatload of defensive talent up top, the majority of which should push down our way. The best part about that is we need exactly that. As much as I would like for Ted to pop on one of the big WRs early should one fall. We should fare pretty well in this draft.

One of the guys I'm not too thrilled about from your list is Brooks the FS. He doesn't have the speed or the physical presence to get the job done.

Another is Roby the CB (not because he's from Ohio State!). This is a bit of a concern with Roby:
Quote:
Out for Orange Bowl with knee injury. Third year junior that has already declared. Came in to 2013 as one of the top CBs in the nation but I have been unimpressed all year. Roby has elite movement skills with legit sub 4.4 speed. He can turn his hips and change direction with ease. My issues with him are the extreme lack of ball skills. He is struggles badly in deep coverage when it comes to locating the ball and making a play. In addition, he doesn’t always make the effort I want to see against the run. Dave Syvertsen, Ourlads' Draft Analyst


Now, just so you know I'm playing completely fair... another one that I question is Carl Bradford from ASU, and I'm an ASU Alumni! I just wonder if he can make that big of a difference on our D:
Quote:
Fourth year junior that has already graduated and is seeking a grade from the advisory board. Most think he will leave early. Bradford is a hybrid DE/OLB that has had a nice two year run since the start of 2012 (39.5 TFL and 20 sacks). He is another fun player to watch because of his overly aggressive style. He is an all out hustler that wears a lot of hats for this team. When it comes to a tool set and overall ability, I think he is average across the board. A lot of his production comes from pure hustle and that’s not a bad thing at all, but it is something to consider. Can he, at this size, be a factor at the 3-4 OLB role? I see him as a solid contributor that can backup multiple spots and see some spot duty in pass rush situations. But as an every down player, I don’t see a difference maker. I’ll likely have him graded in the 3rd/4th round area but I think he goes higher. Dave Syvertsen, Ourlads' Draft Analyst


Fuller and Varrett are great calls at CB.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dyeah_gb

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / polargrizz

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rios39

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower