Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Mucky Tundra  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:29:38 PM(UTC)
CheeseheadTV said:

The NFL hasn't released the season schedule yet, but the Green Bay Packers will play at road game at the Buffalo Bills on Monday Night Football at some point in 2014, according to a report from Paul Imig of Fox Sports Wisconsin.

The Bills have already announced that they will not be playing games in Toronto this season, so the game would be played in Buffalo.

Because the Bills have leaked some other information about their schedule on their official website, it was also learned that the Packers will not be playing at the Detroit Lions for Thanksgiving this season. The Bills will play them instead.

No Thanksgiving game in Detroit? THANK GOD!! ThumpUp

edit- cleaned up the cheesehead quote- wpr
wpr  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:52:03 PM(UTC)
yep I am glad GB is not in Detroit for Thanksgiving. Even when they have good teams they struggle on Turkey Day.
nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 9:06:24 PM(UTC)
I dig the tradition and all, but we shouldn't have to go there EVERY year. Have them come to us once in awhile.

Also, if you're gonna play on Thursday, you should have your bye week the Sunday before. 4 day turnarounds are bullshit.
yooperfan  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:48:15 AM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
yep I am glad GB is not in Detroit for Thanksgiving. Even when they have good teams they struggle on Turkey Day.

Yes I'm glad as well.
Even in the juggernaut Lombardi years the Pack struggled in Detroit on Thanksgiving.

porky88  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 12:32:25 PM(UTC)
The Packers play at Detroit every other year (or odd year) on Thanksgiving. I think that's been the case since 2007, so there wasn't much doubt about this season.
Laser Gunns  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 12:54:49 PM(UTC)
Well, shit.

There goes my perfectly good excuse to get out of family junk on Thanksgiving.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 1:19:37 PM(UTC)
Greatest Packer game in the Litter Box was the playoff game where Favre completely broke down a scripted, scrambled when he was suppose to throw the ball away and then hit SS for the winning touchdown.

Lousy footage and not a Thanksgiving game, but you all know how I ad lib on a boring thread.
Mucky Tundra  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:54:04 PM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
Greatest Packer game in the Litter Box was the playoff game where Favre completely broke down a scripted, scrambled when he was suppose to throw the ball away and then hit SS for the winning touchdown.

Lousy footage and not a Thanksgiving game, but you all know how I ad lib on a boring thread.

Ah I remember watching that play, being all 8 years old.

No such thing as a boring thread in the offseason. [-x And don't you have a dojo to run? :-k
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
beast (28m) : Yeah it's weird, if anything goes wrong the defense and OL get blamed, even if passing game fault
hardrocker950 (2h) : But I put it mostlt on the offense and poor playcalling
hardrocker950 (2h) : I have seen the defense take a lot of flak over the loss..
Cheesey (3h) : Rodgers would have hit open guys. The game plan wouldn't have killed us. Less 3 and outs, and maybe some scores.
beast (4h) : Rodgers wouldn't of abandon attepting to get the ball to Nelson and Adams.
Zero2Cool (4h) : Rodgers with that game plan would have came up short too.
beast (5h) : Yeah the Packers defense got wore out... being on the field so long. Giving longer breathers than 3&out would of helped a lot IMO.
Cheesey (6h) : There wouldn't have been so many 3 and outs, thus keeping our D off the field.
Cheesey (6h) : True, but with the low score we would have had a chance with Rodgers behind center.
Zero2Cool (6h) : Brees is a damn good QB, not giving Capers a pass, not even close.
Zero2Cool (6h) : Saints kicked Packers ass with Rodgers too.
Cheesey (6h) : That's just it. Rodgers needs a DEFENSE as well. And without him, there is NO chance.
beast (8h) : Just fire everyone! Rodgers can do it without them! Hell trade for the healthy Browns players!
Cheesey (10h) : Capers needs to GO. So do players that can't cut it.
Zero2Cool (10h) : Capers presser summed up? INjuries are why we suck. (shut up, coach and adapt)
Zero2Cool (10h) : nearly crapped myself hearing dom capers talk, forgot to close the tab after mccarthy haha
Zero2Cool (10h) : McCarthy said the communication was not good enough on defense yesterday. Injuries in secondary have complicated substitution patterns.
Zero2Cool (10h) : McCarthy again says "I believe in him"... sorry, BS, we saw how you believe in him yesterday.
Zero2Cool (11h) : @The_Green_Gold Highest graded players Kenny Clark & Blake Martinez. It wouldn't be possible to grade an entire defense
Porforis (11h) : Well, it WAS clean until someone 'shouted' in it...
Zero2Cool (11h) : QB Brett Hundley when targeting a WR against Saints: 6-for-15, 54 yards.
Zero2Cool (11h) : clean?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM