Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joemailman  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2014 4:35:09 AM(UTC)
joemailman

United States

Applause Received: 26

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
Bold prediction. There are very few scenarios in which I see Clinton-Dix falling past the Rams, Bears, Steelers, Ravens, Jets and the Cardinals.

And that's without a team like the Eagles jumping in front of us to nab him away.

I wouldn't mind drafting a TE if the right one falls to 21. Ebron is a ridiculously talented player. Too good to fall to 21, really.

I agree about Dix. He's as good as gone, probably to the Bears. I wonder if Ted Thompson has a 1st round grade on Pryor. I'm guessing not.
Offline play2win  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:12:16 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Personally, I can't see Clinton-Dix or Ebron there at 21. I don't think we take a TE in R1 as a result. Doesn't mean Ted won't take one later, and there are a handful of really good ones that will be available R2 and later.

I think with our new running game after having drafted Lacy last year, the dynamics of TE play may have changed in GB. I like Quarless a lot, and would not be surprised to see Bostick and Stoneburner develop into solid players. Quarless is a great blocker, and maybe the other two develop further in that dept. I question how great a need TE is for GB, but adding another into the mix who offers both receiving ability and solid blocking capabilities wouldn't hurt.
Offline beast  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:30:30 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 263
Applause Received: 324

I love Troy Niklas' potential, you never now if a guy will live up to his potential, but Niklas is already one of the better blockers with potential to get better, as a receiver he's very raw but he has all the physical tools and growing and getting better as a receiver.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 4/15/2014(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:05:16 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 386
Applause Received: 476

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Oh Really hahahaha. Do I detect a note of bitterness?

For the record, I got the #1 correct last season, and I got the position correct the two previous years. Not many hit Perry and Sherrod by name. How about you?

I am stating my prediction clearly right here - Safety and Clinton-Dix. Are you REALLY going on record with TE and Ebron? Seriously?

Where did I make a prediction?

You stated the TE position is irrelevant.

I'm saying that there are only so many players that Ted has rated as #21 worthy.

If for some reason all those players go early, BECASUE AS I SAID NOBODY KNOWS HOW THE DRAFT IS GOING TO UNFOLD, and Ebron is still on the board at 21, and is the BPA(on The Packers Board), then Ted will probably take him.

You said The Packers didn't need Raji, a week later they resigned him, you said The Packers didn't need matt Flynn, hmmm somebody signed today.

I could go back and list several more players you have deemed expendable, but for some reason Ted has decided to bring them back.

That is what I meant by your track record, you don't want them on The Team, Ted resigns them.

You say TE is irrelevant, I say There's a good chance Ted drafts one because your recent track record shows that you and Ted are not on the same page.(thankfully).

You got the 1st pick right last year?

Hell go back and check, I listed the final 53 man roster last year before FA started and got 42 of the names right.

The lesson, anybody can get lucky.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
thanks Post received 2 applause.
play2win on 4/15/2014(UTC), DoddPower on 4/16/2014(UTC)
Rss Feed