Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#76 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 12:01:03 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Decided to run a draft on first-pick as Texans to see what kind of trade offers I would get.

YIKES!!!!!

Let's get this draft started!

Current Pick:
Round 1 Pick 1
Team: Texans

Houston is on the clock.

Trade Offers:

Team

They Get

You Get

Oakland Round 1 Pick 1 (1)
Round 1 Pick 5 (5)
2015 Round 1 Pick
Round 2 Pick 4 (36)

Green Bay Round 1 Pick 1 (1)
2015 Round 1 Pick
2016 Round 1 Pick
Round 1 Pick 21 (21)
Round 2 Pick 21 (53)

Atlanta Round 1 Pick 1 (1)
Round 1 Pick 6 (6)
2015 Round 1 Pick
Round 2 Pick 5 (37)

Cincinnati Round 1 Pick 1 (1)
2015 Round 1 Pick
2016 Round 1 Pick
Round 1 Pick 24 (24)
Round 2 Pick 23 (55)

Tampa Bay Round 1 Pick 1 (1)
Round 1 Pick 7 (7)
2015 Round 1 Pick
Round 2 Pick 6 (38)

What do you think about Ted trading the future for the #1 overall pick?

Taking it a step further, I accepted The Packers offer and who did they take?

Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo

I'm not sure about this game anymore. Laughing
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline play2win  
#77 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 12:12:20 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Seems like the sure thing though going with Mack over Clowney. That's a lot to give up, but could easily be a future HOF player.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#78 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 12:38:39 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Seems like the sure thing though going with Mack over Clowney. That's a lot to give up, but could easily be a future HOF player.

Big risk, but with The # of young players The Packers have coming back, this could be the year That Ted surprises everyone.

I don't think it will ever happen, but sure would make the 1st 15 minutes of the draft exciting, then we all could just sit back and wait for late Friday night.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Online Zero2Cool  
#79 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 1:37:14 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

I bet you said the same thing about Ante Josip Mandarich too!
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 5/6/2014(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#80 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 8:42:41 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post

I wouldn't mind moving up for the right player, I also wouldn't mind trading the pick away and using the acquired picks to max out on 2nd and 3rd rounders. The team doesn't have room for high volume of picks, we need more quality instead.

The closer we get to this thing the more I am thinking Ted will trade away our #21.
Quote:
“If we could, we’d have more. More is better; it gives you better odds,” said Thompson, who has four picks in the top 100.
... straight from the horse's mouth. Of course he was referencing comp picks in this discussion, but I kind of feel this is his general philosophy. Friday should be a very big day for us.

If Ted does stay at #21, I think we will know it is for the opportunity to select one of a handful of players they have rated very high. I would guess that player will be very special. I don't think he keeps the 21 for anything but what he feels is the surest player to help the Packers.

http://www.greenbaypress...gains-compensatory-picks

I can easily see him trading out.
wpr on 5/6/2014(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#81 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 9:13:28 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

The closer we get to this thing the more I am thinking Ted will trade away our #21. ... straight from the horse's mouth. Of course he was referencing comp picks in this discussion, but I kind of feel this is his general philosophy. Friday should be a very big day for us.

If Ted does stay at #21, I think we will know it is for the opportunity to select one of a handful of players they have rated very high. I would guess that player will be very special. I don't think he keeps the 21 for anything but what he feels is the surest player to help the Packers.

yep. That is what I was saying yesterday.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline play2win  
#82 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 9:14:54 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I bet you said the same thing about Ante Josip Mandarich too!

Holy crap! Man, was that BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ouch. Do you remember the hype? That was insane.

Come to think of it, Ron Wolf really, really stunk up the joint in Round 1... for a very long stretch...

1989 Tony Mandarich
1990 Darrell Thompson
1991 Vinnie Clark
1992 Terrell Buckley
1996 Jon Michels
2001 Jamal Reynolds

Surprised we survived that stretch between 1989 and 1992. The only caveat was the other R1 we traded in 1992 for Brett Favre. After that, Wolf followed with a prime pick of Wayne Simmons in 1993 to stop the bleeding... Aaron Taylor followed in 1994, and in 1995, I believe Ron Wolf made his best first round pick ever, one of my all-time favorite Packers players in Craig Newsome. Probably the hardest hitting CB we've ever had in GB, ever. I loved the way this guy played the game.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#83 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:12:20 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

The closer we get to this thing the more I am thinking Ted will trade away our #21. ...

I could live with trading 21 away as long as Ted uses the acquired pick/picks to move back up in the 2nd.

I would love to see us ending up with 4 2nds and still having the 3rd and 5th comp picks.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline warhawk  
#84 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:21:52 AM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

The closer we get to this thing the more I am thinking Ted will trade away our #21. ... straight from the horse's mouth. Of course he was referencing comp picks in this discussion, but I kind of feel this is his general philosophy. Friday should be a very big day for us.

The other "if" is a trade partner. It could be Ted Thompson has no choice but to go with whoever he deems the best player at #21.

The way I look at it is this is draft is fairly typical in the 1st round with 10 or so really good players and the rest of the round solid.
Where the draft picks up is the talent level in the following rounds. A team can expect higher quality players, especially in round 2, than you normally see still there. I suspect many evaluators are seeing more talent than normally found in most of the later rounds and that would put Ted Thompson in the wheel house to move back IF he gets the chance.

This is a perfect chance to improve several positions at a cost that allows Ted to keep who he wants down the road. I sure hope he nails this one.

"The train is leaving the station."
DoddPower on 5/6/2014(UTC)
Online Zero2Cool  
#85 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:51:00 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post
The other "if" is a trade partner. It could be Ted Thompson has no choice but to go with whoever he deems the best player at #21.

Does have to make a selection at #21? What if the Packers let the clock expire a few times? Does the contract get slotted with the original selection, or where the team actually selected? Also, by doing this, it might force the hand of another team to trade up with the Packers.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#86 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:51:01 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post

The way I look at it is this is draft is fairly typical in the 1st round with 10 or so really good players and the rest of the round solid.
Where the draft picks up is the talent level in the following rounds. A team can expect higher quality players, especially in round 2, than you normally see still there. I suspect many evaluators are seeing more talent than normally found in most of the later rounds and that would put Ted Thompson in the wheel house to move back IF he gets the chance.

This is a perfect chance to improve several positions at a cost that allows Ted to keep who he wants down the road. I sure hope he nails this one.

Yep. I agree, finding that trading partner could prove difficult when we are looking to load up R2 and R3. I'm sure a lot of teams want to do that exact same thing.

The factor of there being a large number of QB needy teams could play into our favor. This could get interesting.

We really need for him to nail this one. No question. It can make the difference in whether or not we are able to truly contend. We need players who can step in and start at a couple of positions, namely S and ILB. Get those two right and we could be very, very good.

Message modified by user Tuesday, May 6, 2014 11:04:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline play2win  
#87 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2014 1:51:28 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Might have to add NE to the list of QB needy teams. Rumors are that they are trading Ryan Mallett to HOU. That would leave NE without a backup behind 37 year old Tom Brady. Does NE pull the same kind of move GB did when they took a falling Rodgers?

Teams who are rumored to be needing QBs:

HOU
STL
JAX
CLE
TB
MIN
TEN
DAL
NE

That list keeps getting longer... Not sure that a Mallett trade would eliminate a need for HOU. I hadn't considered NE as being QB needy before, but, maybe with Brady getting up there.
Offline uffda udfa  
#88 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2014 3:50:47 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

From JSOnline.com: Here's an interesting look at the supposed costs and values for the Packers moving up or down...

800 points, No. 1, 21nd overall
370 points, No. 2, 53rd overall
165 points, No. 3, 85th overall
No value, No. 3, 98th overall (compensatory)
52 points, No. 4, 121st overall
27 points, No. 5, 161st overall
No value, No. 5, 176th overall (compensatory)
12.6, No. 6, 197th overall
1 point (estimate), No. 7, 236nd overall
Next, let's look at a couple of values well ahead of the 21st pick so you can get an idea what it takes to move up.

The fifth pick, for example, held by the Oakland Raiders, is worth 1,700 points.

Since the Packers' first-round pick is worth 800, the Packers would have to provide 900 additional points. The Packers don't have 900 points remaining, so they would have to trade a first-round pick next year, which Thompson would never do.

The lowest Thompson could go without dealing his 2015 first-round selection is No. 10, which is worth 1,300 points.

To get Detroit's pick, Thompson would have to trade his first- second- and third-round picks, which together would equal 1,335 points.

Here are the values from 10 through 20 and about what Thompson would have to deal along with the No. 21 pick to get there:

No. 11, Tennessee, 1,250 points - second, fourth and fifth.
No. 12, New York Giants, 1,200 points - second and fifth.
No. 13, St. Louis, 1,150 points - second.
No. 14, Chicago, 1,100 points - second and receive a fourth back from the Bears.
No. 15, Pittsburgh, 1,050 points - third, fourth and fifth.
No. 16, Dallas, 1,000 points - third and fourth.
No. 17, Baltimore, 950 points, third.
No. 18, New York Jets, 900 - third and receive a fourth from the Jets.
No. 19, Miami, 875 points - fourth and fifth.
No. 20, Arizona, 850 - fourth.
Now, let's consider moving down. Here are the values behind the Packers and approximations of what they would receive for their pick (compensation depends on what picks the trading team has to give):

No. 22, Philadelphia, 780 points - sixth.
No. 23, Kansas City, 760 points - fourth.
No. 24, Cincinnati, 740 points - fourth and sixth.
No. 25, San Diego, 720 points - fourth and fifth.
No. 26, Cleveland, 700 points - fourth.
No. 27, New Orleans, 680 points - fourth, fifth and seventh.
No. 28, Carolina, 660 points - fourth, fifth and sixth.
No. 29, New England, 640 points - third and a fourth or fifth in return from Green Bay.
No. 30, San Francisco, 620 points - third and a fifth in return from Green Bay.
No. 31, Denver, 600 points, - third, fourth and sixth.
No. 32, Seattle, 590 points - third, fourth, fifth and sixth.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Online Zero2Cool  
#89 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2014 7:54:29 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Holy crap! Man, was that BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ouch. Do you remember the hype? That was insane.

Come to think of it, Ron Wolf really, really stunk up the joint in Round 1... for a very long stretch...

1989 Tony Mandarich
1990 Darrell Thompson
1991 Vinnie Clark
1992 Terrell Buckley
1996 Jon Michels
2001 Jamal Reynolds

Surprised we survived that stretch between 1989 and 1992. The only caveat was the other R1 we traded in 1992 for Brett Favre. After that, Wolf followed with a prime pick of Wayne Simmons in 1993 to stop the bleeding... Aaron Taylor followed in 1994, and in 1995, I believe Ron Wolf made his best first round pick ever, one of my all-time favorite Packers players in Craig Newsome. Probably the hardest hitting CB we've ever had in GB, ever. I loved the way this guy played the game.

1992 was Ron Wolf's first year as Packers General Manager. Some Tom Braatz or something like that was making the calls prior.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed