Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
play2win  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 1:48:38 PM(UTC)
I've got mine and I just had a new entry. Might as well start out with him:

1. Ra’Shede Hageman DT, Minnesota - How does a guy this big only register 2 sacks on a season?
2. Lamarcus Joyner, CB, Florida State - Too small
3. Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State - Too small
4. Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida - Too small
5. Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State - Too small
6. Anthony Barr OLB, UCLA - One of the most unimpressive highlight reels I've ever seen for what is supposed to be a big splash player.

For whatever reason, I just don't think these players will fare well in GB. I'm sure there are some of you for whatever reason have players you don't want us to take. There's no right or wrong. Just wanted to know who you might not have a good feeling about. Fire away...
steveishere  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 3:17:55 PM(UTC)
Kelvin Benjamin WR - Catch and fall type wr who doesn't run good routes or get much separation. Not the type of guy who would excel in our offense or be able to take advantage of Rodgers' precision passing which allows for bigtime YAC opportunity.

Jared Abbrederis WR - I actually like him as a player but the guy gets banged up at some point in pretty much every single game.

Dee Ford DE/OLB - pretty much his only move is timing the snap and getting an early jump. As a mid round guy I'd be ok with it but there are better OLB prospects out there.

Eric Ebron TE - If were taking a receiver in round 1 I would prefer just to take a WR.
play2win  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 3:25:03 PM(UTC)
That's funny. I was thinking Benjamin all the way steveishere.

He's got gigantic boom or bust to him. My thinking is if Ted wants him, fine. I agree on Ford and your statement on Ebron, just as I'm not a big fan of the hybrid TE. Especially with a good RB like Lacy to block for.

Abberderis is a player I really like and think he would excel in GB.
steveishere  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 3:30:30 PM(UTC)
play2win said: Go to Quoted Post
That's funny. I was thinking Benjamin all the way steveishere.

He's got gigantic boom or bust to him. My thinking is if Ted wants him, fine. I agree on Ford and your statement on Ebron, just as I'm not a big fan of the hybrid TE. Especially with a good RB like Lacy to block for.

Abberderis is a player I really like and think he would excel in GB.

I think he would too for the handful of plays he'd get before getting knocked out lol.
porky88  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 3:38:48 PM(UTC)
I didn't like Datone Jones and Nick Perry in the first round, but I recognized both were possibilities. For me, this year's version of that player is Louis Nix III. He is on his butt way too much for a nose tackle. His performance against Michigan alarmed me. He went up against an inexperience offensive line and they handled him pretty well, especially in the first half. I have him as my No. 48 overall player.
Yerko  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 3:49:57 PM(UTC)
Louis Nix III
Kelvin Benjamin
Stephon Tuitt
Jordan Matthews
Austin Sefarian-Jenkins
...are my top 5.

Then...

Any 4-3 defensive end that has to be molded into a 3-4 OLB...we have enough of those. [laughing]
DarkaneRules  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 5:18:19 PM(UTC)
Nix and other than that I don't care really. Bring on the draft.
Wade  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 5:43:06 PM(UTC)
Terrence Brooks
Nix
Hageman
Jase Amaro
Martavis Bryant

TheKanataThrilla  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 5:54:30 PM(UTC)
OK I will be the first to say it. I do not want Michael Sam.
play2win  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 8:53:41 PM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla said: Go to Quoted Post
OK I will be the first to say it. I do not want Michael Sam.

He sucks. I mean, really. He's not a very good player.
luigis  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:29:34 PM(UTC)
My list:

- Nix (feels like bust)
- Hageman (this IS a bust)
- Kouandijo (not NFL caliber)
- Purifoy (not NFL caliber)
- Benjamin (too risky)
- Jarret Bush (imagine two of them!)

luigis  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:30:37 PM(UTC)
play2win said: Go to Quoted Post
He sucks. I mean, really. He's not a very good player.

I read this while drinking coke.
Now I'm trying to clean my screen,will you pay me a new one or do I need to sue you?
Laser Gunns  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 11:38:46 PM(UTC)
anybody from the state of Florida.
steveishere  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 4:43:54 AM(UTC)
I have to disagree with everyone on Hageman. He only had 2 sacks but he also had 13TFL and 8 passes knocked down. He gets a lot of penetration at the line. He may end up a bit of a reach at 21 but to me he looks like the best 3-4 DE prospect. Though I could see us passing on him over characters stuff alone I just think he could be a good player here.
wpr  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 5:21:43 AM(UTC)
any QB or RB in the first 4 rounds.
play2win  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 5:31:59 AM(UTC)
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
I have to disagree with everyone on Hageman. He only had 2 sacks but he also had 13TFL and 8 passes knocked down. He gets a lot of penetration at the line. He may end up a bit of a reach at 21 but to me he looks like the best 3-4 DE prospect. Though I could see us passing on him over characters stuff alone I just think he could be a good player here.

He could be good. Huge risk with him, just like Benjamin, just like Tuitt with his injury. All high profile top rated picks that have big question marks. Some are dropping. Some still hold their ground. Someone will take the chance, and will either reap rewards or possibly suffer.

On all of these guys I will trust Ted to make his best choices.
Mucky Tundra  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 5:46:12 AM(UTC)
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post

I'm with ya on Hageman. Plus I've read he could probably play a little NT (but that'd be a future thing). He's boom or bust but the talent is there yet unrefined. If they trade down in the first or the top of the second and take him, I wouldn't be upset. Just keep him away from Raji and close to Daniels (and Jolly if they bring him back).
play2win  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 7:09:37 AM(UTC)
This is what has me thinking Kelvin Benjamin could be a great fit in GB:
Quote:

Pros: Owns a rare combination of size, length, and athleticism for the receiver position. Long-strider who covers ground quickly as he gallops down the field; plays faster than his timed speed and has shown that he can out-run NFL-caliber defensive backs on fly routes. Owns the size and strength to easily combat press coverage at the line before releasing down the field. Long strider who builds up to his top speed as he eats up cushion off the ball. Flashes the hand-eye coordination and ability to play the ball in the air that you typically find in big time receivers. Tracks the ball well over his shoulder and is capable of contorting his body in the air to make acrobatic catches and come down with the ball. Owns terrific ball skills and body control for his size and is an absolute terror for defensive backs to attempt to cover in jump ball situations. Figures to be a fantastic red zone option at the next level with his leaping ability; shows that he can climb vertically and will high point the ball over nearly any defensive back he will face.

Tough player who has no hesitation towards working across the middle; uses his large frame to absorb contact from defenders when attempting to jar the ball free. Strong hands at the catch point with a wide catch radius to snare the pass out of the air when being contested. Uses his big frame to shield away defenders and flashes the ability to box the defender out. Very difficult for defensive backs to bring down in the open field when running after the catch; bounces off of tacklers and has the lower body strength and balance to run through tackles on his way down the field. Has the size and frame to physically dominate the opposition as a blocker in the run game down the road.
Cons: Lazy as a route runner and is extremely green here; does not yet display the polished cuts or breaks into and out of his routes and tends to round off some of the more shorter-to-intermediate comeback routes. Would like to see him sink his hips and show more explosion as a route runner to create separation; has limited quick-twitch abilities and isn't one to break laterally on a dime to separate. Long-levered and is forced to throttle down when breaking to come back to the ball; lacks the suddenness and explosion here. Lets the ball into his chest too often. Needs to develop his technique and give better effort as a blocker; has plenty of upside here but is not far enough along yet. Will at times have a lapse in concentration and drop easy catches.

http://draftheadquarters...orts/Kelvin-Benjamin.htm

35" arms. 4.6 speed for a guy 6-5 240. Exceptional ball skills. I firmly believe Edgar Bennett could coach this kid to be a complete superstar. He just needs work on his route running and technique. To me, he seems like he could be a huge boom for the Packers, with Rodgers, Nelson, Cobb, Boykin...

Getting this player at 21 could prove to be a huge steal.
play2win  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 12:10:32 PM(UTC)
luigis said: Go to Quoted Post
I read this while drinking coke.
Now I'm trying to clean my screen,will you pay me a new one or do I need to sue you?

Yeah Baby! Coke through the nose!!! It doesn't get better than that! [laughing] [laughing] [laughing]
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 2:52:40 PM(UTC)
Nix and anybody of similar body type.
Rss Feed