uffda udfa
9 years ago
I said it in shout but I didn't want you to miss my positivity... You want your TE to run like a DEER, this guy just runs like a DE.

Yup...0-4... will be remembered as the single worst draft in TT's tenure in Green Bay. I'm not a troll, I just HATE what happened tonight and yesterday with a passion.

Just hoping guys staying healthy and some young guys taking jumps will help us because these guys aren't going to be any this year. Well, Dix may be by default...he can't be worse than MD Jennings even though he played for the Tide and their D players under Saban have not been even adequate pros.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DarkaneRules
9 years ago
You can't trade a compensatory so consider this the Packers taking a long shot on somebody. Sure handed and precise route runner are two descriptions I hear a lot about him.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
all_about_da_packers
9 years ago

Now Zero being a bitch about draft picks pisses me off!

The thing is, we need all these positions.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

But Zero being a bitch is partly why we all come to this site.

I'm still not convinced TE was a need. Quarless seemed to be rounding into form, and you have 2 years invested in Bostick - J-Mike's "mini-me" based on what everyone says. Bostick, too, seemed to be coming around as a contributor before he was put on IR. I still think you can get buy with those two at TE now that you actually have a running game to help out the offense. Even if Finley does not return (looking next to impossible as things currently stand), its not like there was a glaring hole at TE. we had players that could contribute.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Laser Gunns
9 years ago
This Draft has been a total dud thus far.

1. Ha Ha is not very impressive, IMO, both the safety's takes in R1 last year are better than he is.

2. Adams, is an un-athletic WR without great size to compensate. To add salt to the wound, Arizona stole Troy Niklas right in front of this pick.

3. Thornton.... WHO?

4. Rodgers, a position of need... But.. What is he? A WR? TE? He doesn't look particularly good at either.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
DarkaneRules
9 years ago
It probably wasn't you Laser but my gosh I could have sworn all of packer nation wanted us to get one of those two top safeties, and then when we do, it was like we made a huge mistake or something. Packer fans are starting to confuse me a little bit.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
all_about_da_packers
9 years ago

This Draft has been a total dud thus far.

1. Ha Ha is not very impressive, IMO, both the safety's takes in R1 last year are better than he is.

2. Adams, is an un-athletic WR without great size to compensate. To add salt to the wound, Arizona stole Troy Niklas right in front of this pick.

3. Thornton.... WHO?

4. Rodgers, a position of need... But.. What is he? A WR? TE? He doesn't look particularly good at either.

Originally Posted by: Laser Gunns 

1. So, your complaint is what exactly? That Ted didn't trade up in this draft for last year's players? That Ted didn't select a lesser S this year in the draft compared to Ha Ha?

2. Shiiiiit, homie, can the Packers sign you? Anyone who can say that a 6'1 person does not have "great size" must be a friggin beast. You have an agent, right? Also, if only Greg Jennings and Randall Cobb had size... they aren't even close to 6"1. If only they "had size" they could have been SO much better...

3. Khyri Thornton. I've seen people ask "who" when they fail to hear something, but this may be the first time I've heard someone ask "who" when about a thousand sites would tell you Thornton's first name.

4. So... Rodgers fits a position of need, BUT HE HAS NO DEFINED POSITION?! Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees the contradiction in that.

I'm joking around Laser. Only partly, though.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
uffda udfa
9 years ago
This isn't how it was drawn up for sure. A bottom of the barrel reach TE and reach DL in Round 3. Two uninspiring physical specimens in Rounds 1 and 2. Even in the 5th or 6th, I wouldn't have been too excited about what happened in Round 3. If you are you have to really love the koolaid.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Mucky Tundra
9 years ago
Height: 6044
Weight: 243
40 Yrd Dash: 4.82
20 Yrd Dash: 2.79
10 Yrd Dash: 1.65
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump: 27 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'09"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.38
3-Cone Drill: 7.15

Height: 6040
Weight: 257
40 Yrd Dash: 4.87
20 Yrd Dash: 2.75
10 Yrd Dash: 1.69
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 16
Vertical Jump: 31 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'08"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.47
3-Cone Drill: 7.23

One of these sets of numbers belongs to Jermichael Finley and the other to Richard Rodgers.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

Ok nobody can say this is a solid pick because this guy is anything but solid.

I think the rationale for this pick is that having already experienced all the possible injuries you can have in football this guy is actually inmortal and will never get hurt again.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

The mystery is solved.

What happened is that the pages of Uncle Teddy's short list of players stuck together. When he flipped the page that had the 2nd round players on it he ended up on the page with the 4th-5th round prospects instead of the 3rd round prospects. No one in the draft room had the guts to tell him to check his notes.
UserPostedImage
luigis
9 years ago

The mystery is solved.

What happened is that the pages of Uncle Teddy's short list of players stuck together. When he flipped the page that had the 2nd round players on it he ended up on the page with the 4th-5th round prospects instead of the 3rd round prospects. No one in the draft room had the guts to tell him to check his notes.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

You just debunked my kidnapping and clone swap theory. This is more likely [grin1]

Now let's say you are d-lineman from a pseudo-team like the Lions, Bears or Vikes. You blanket whoever our center will be and TJ and you find a Rodgers t-shirt, you pull hard, take the guy down only to realize the evil smile of Richard Rodgers while Aaron scrambles for 20 yards untouched.

Evil genius Teddy, evil genius.

Luis
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (13h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (13h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (14h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.