steveishere
9 years ago
If it came down to a TE that's not signed yet and isn't Finley or someone we get in a trade they will just go with the 3 or 4 TE they want to keep that are already on the team and use the extra spot at another position. Nor do I see any TEs that are available right now winning a spot from Taylor or Bostick. Not sure what the point would be.
warhawk
9 years ago
Rb position kind of scares me. Not much experience in this scenario.
I highly doubt they ditch Franklin so early unless health is the issue. Some young players need more time than others and he didn't get much of a shot if he's cut this quick.

A little too un-Ted like scenario IMO. Usually won't cut loose of a player that quick drafted that early. I have to think he or Starks sticks around vs. a couple of virtually unknowns.
"The train is leaving the station."
play2win
9 years ago

Answer to this starts with "who have we added":

Defense:
Line and linebackers
New: Peppers, Guion, Thornton, Bradford, Hubbard.
Gone: Worthy, Pickett, Mulumba, Palmer, Barrington.

Backs:
New: Clinton-Dix, Goodson (practice squad).
Gone: House.

Offense:
Line:
New: Linsley
Gone: Gerhart

WR:(+0)
New: Adams, Abbrederis, Janis (PS)
Gone: Dorsey, White.

TE:
New: Rodgers, Lyerla, player as yet unindentified
Gone: Bostick, Stoneburner, Taylor

RB:
New: Liana (PS), Neal, Perkins
Gone: Starks, Franklin

QB:
No changes.

Players I'd like to see gone, but who won't since there won't be anything better: B. Jones, B J Raji,

Originally Posted by: Wade 

I would be very surprised to see James Starks NOT make this Packers team. IMO, Janis won't last on the PS and would have been a wasted pick there. Ted had to envision him making the 53, even though he had already added 2 more WRs before the Janis selection.

I do wonder about Davon House. I'm hoping he can put it all together this season.

Worthy, Mulumba and Barrington will be battling big time for positions. I wish I had more to go on with Barrington, but I'm really hoping he makes a play to win a spot at ILB. Sounds like a good player, just haven't had the opportunity to see it.
StarrMax1
9 years ago
New here, thought I would give this a shot.

I first looked at how the team has been built in the Ted Thompson Era, then looked at the players currently on the 90 man roster.

I am thinking the main battles this year are going to be at the CB, TE and OLB positions.

For those who don't want to read this whole long winded post, I have highlighted the players I think will be cut.

I'll start with the waiver players that are currently on the roster.

Kuhn, Bush, and Harper.

Kuhn is not a 100% lock, but my opinion is he was resigned for 1 more year to protect Rodgers and be his security blanket, hopefully someone will emerge that can replace him after 2014.

Jarret Bush, every year it's reported that he is "on the bubble", that may be so, but seems to me he has turned himself into a Special teams leader and The Packers will keep him around this year also, last year of his contract, so it will probably be his last.

Chris Harper, probably isn't going to make the team, with the 5 vets, and 3 rookies fighting for probably 5 spots, just don't see room for him.

Qb.......Tolzien probably gone, with Rodgers and Flynn on the 53 man roster I see Th Packers keeping Rettig for the PS. Ted will have Tolzien on speed dial if necessary.

RB...Tough call here. Lacy, Starks and Franklin probably locks, there is still a quetion of Franklins health, if he is unable to go I would replace him with Harris. Hill is probably gone, Neal will end up on PS,

WR.....Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, Adams and Abbrederis are probably on the 53 man roster.
That leaves Harper, Dorsey and Gillette as guys leaving from last year, Janis I see as a PS player to begin the season. The Packers could decide to keep 6 wr's which would mean 1 of these guys may stick.

TE...Start this by saying, I am in the camp of those who think Finley is done, hate to see it, but I think The Packers have moved on.
Quarless and Taylor are the only vets left, I think they will stay, Bostic and Stoneburner both UDFA's, Bostic has an extra year of experience, so he should make it, Stoneburner is the guy on the bubble here, depending on how many Te's The Packers decide to keep and how Lyerla and Rodgers turn out. This point I say Stoneburner stays.

OT...Bahktari and Bulaga are locks, Sherrod shows he can stay healthy he will make it.
That means Adams, Fullington and Vujnovich will be cut, 1 of the 3 will be on the PS.

OG...Lang and Sitton are locks as is Barclay, I see Don as backup for all 3 positions.
McCray, Lane and Tiller will be out.

C...Linsley and Tretter will both make the 53 man roster, the quesion is who will be the starter, it's Tretters job to lose, even if Linsley is named starter Tretter will stay and be the backup. He is a natural tackle so he is versatile enough to keep around.

Special Teams......Crosby and Masthay are locks, there is a question whether Linsley could replace Goode as the LS, at this point I think Goode stays.

CB...Williams, Shields, Hayward, Hyde and Bush will all make the team.
That leaves Dennard, Goodson ,House, Rolle and White who will be gone.
House the one veteran to be cut.

S......Burnette, Richardson and Clinton-Dix will be kept. Banjo, Clay and Miller are gone.
Hate to see banjo go but just isn't any room for him.

OLB....Mathews, Perry, Bradford,and Hubbard(udfa) will make the final 53
Mulumba, Palmer, Thomas and Doughty will not make the final 53, I see Doughty going to PS. The surprise here is Hubbard making the team.

ILB....Hawk, Jones, Lattimore and Barrington will make the team, Ted must not have thought there wasn't anyone in the draft he could get to upgrade the position. Aiyewa and Elliot will be gone.

DE/OLB... Neal and Peppers are locks. The reason I only have 8 true LBr's making the final 53 is because these 2 will play both positions, depending on the package Dom has in.

DE.....Jones, Boyd, Worthy and Thornton all make the team
Gray and Robinson gone
DT......Raji, Daniels and Guion will probably make the team, but I would not be surprised if either Raji or Guion get cut.
Pennel is a good candidate for the PS.

Well there it is, go ahead and tear it up if you want, I want to know how my thinking differs from yours.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
very thorough starrmax
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (15h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (16h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (19h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (21h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.