Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline uffda udfa  
#51 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 6:27:28 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgqbrR8FOYI

Watch this guy and how hard he is to go down. Just one tough SOB...he runs it out of the backfield like Randall Cobb mixed with Eddie Lacy. He brings a varied skill set with impressive measurables that no one else can touch for a TE. His vertical was just .5" less than Davante Adams. He outjumped all TE's at combine by 4". You don't find guys like him very often. Conversely, you don't find guys with his character too often, either. I'm going to bet if he played another position he wouldn't have such a stigma. Aaron Hernandez and the comparison has to make teams nervous. Who wants to take on a troubled TE who could may go Aaron Hernandez on you? I have not read anything about violence but some stuff regarding him has been kept quiet from what I read, if memory serves.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline wpr  
#52 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 6:43:57 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I hope he makes it all the way to the starting lineup, and we can take that Packer's people bullshit and stick it. Talent is what wins in the NFL, and a team full of good character guys can take a bad apple and help him change. Isn't that what mentoring is all about, or do we just condemn shitheads in their formidable years?

I do too. Packer People has been a myth from the beginning.

Johnny Blood was not a choir boy.
Hornung of course was exemplary.
Lofton and Coffman never had a care in the world.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline DakotaT  
#53 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 7:08:43 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 669
Applause Received: 1,374

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I do too. Packer People has been a myth from the beginning.

Johnny Blood was not a choir boy.
Hornung of course was exemplary.
Lofton and Coffman never had a care in the world.

And don't forget the biggest shithead of them all: Brett Favre. But all his "skeletons" were put in a vault not a closet.
UserPostedImage
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#54 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 7:31:12 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 485

May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#55 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 7:37:08 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 485

UserPostedImage

If I'm Taylor, Bostick or Stoneburner, I'd be REAL worried seeing this picture.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#56 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 8:47:27 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

And don't forget the biggest shithead of them all: Brett Favre. But all his "skeletons" were put in a vault not a closet.

Take that back. St Brat never did anything wrong.
UserPostedImage

Offline uffda udfa  
#57 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2014 1:05:42 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Ted? Ted? Have you woken up yet? I'm sure he's just torturing this guy making him sweat it out so that he feels no entitlement. To have to think that it came down to a non slam dunk decision on a freaking tryout to be the 89th or 90th guy on a roster is an attention getter.

The kid will be signed and we'll have our next gem of a UDFA. Please, don't implode.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline play2win  
#58 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2014 1:19:35 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
Ted? Ted? Have you woken up yet? I'm sure he's just torturing this guy making him sweat it out so that he feels no entitlement. To have to think that it came down to a non slam dunk decision on a freaking tryout to be the 89th or 90th guy on a roster is an attention getter.

The kid will be signed and we'll have our next gem of a UDFA. Please, don't implode.

I was not at all for bringing this guy in, but I have to give this staff credit for their ability to give another person a second chance, and an opportunity to redeem themselves. They know what they are doing.

Maybe he makes it.
Offline uffda udfa  
#59 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2014 1:39:12 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

If Finley was healthy, they would've never touched him...desperation causes all kinds of questionable decisions.

What I think a lot of people are missing with Lyerla is his true risk factor. Let's say he does overcome his issues and becomes an integral part of this team... Let's say next year there is a stud TE prospect but we pass on him because we have Lyerla. The next season Lyerla goes off the reservation and gets himself suspended for a year...then what? What if he becomes a big part of us in season and then does something stupid and we have to switch gears mid course? Yeah, we did that with the loss of Finley, but I'd hate to see us get in with Colt and watch him fall out. That is his risk. I love they're willing to take it and believe in the best but the risk has only just begun with this guy.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline play2win  
#60 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2014 1:59:18 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Yeah, I can see that, big time. But, this is an organization that prides itself on the character of the locker room. They do have some great experience on this front with Koren Robinson and Johnny Jolly. They must feel confident they can deal with whatever comes their way with Colt.

I would not count out either of Finley nor Bostick at this point. They just love Finley, so much so that they kept his locker in tact after he has become a FA. That carries meaning. And, Bostick is nearly a Finley clone, a player who could very well take that next step.
Offline nerdmann  
#61 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2014 5:50:11 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

If Finley was healthy, they would've never touched him...desperation causes all kinds of questionable decisions.

What I think a lot of people are missing with Lyerla is his true risk factor. Let's say he does overcome his issues and becomes an integral part of this team... Let's say next year there is a stud TE prospect but we pass on him because we have Lyerla. The next season Lyerla goes off the reservation and gets himself suspended for a year...then what? What if he becomes a big part of us in season and then does something stupid and we have to switch gears mid course? Yeah, we did that with the loss of Finley, but I'd hate to see us get in with Colt and watch him fall out. That is his risk. I love they're willing to take it and believe in the best but the risk has only just begun with this guy.

If he doesn't work out, then we won't be any worse off than we would have been anyway.

All upside, imo. Worst case scenario he gives the team a black eye before he's sent packing.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DakotaT  
#62 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2014 6:31:12 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

So did our new problem child get signed or not?
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#63 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2014 7:03:36 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Take that back. St Brat never did anything wrong.

Not happening. Putting that purple jersey on removed him from sainthood for many of us. His past is fair game.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 5/19/2014(UTC), Zero2Cool on 5/19/2014(UTC)
Offline beast  
#64 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2014 7:41:11 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Based on what I have seen posted on here, the guy has to have more potential than at least 1 of our other UDFA's.

Unless they all have people ranting and raving over how talented they are.

Maybe more potential physical talent than any of the other UDFA's, but also maybe potential to be a PR nightmare than anyone else on the entire roster...

The questions to sign Lyerla or not have NOTHING to do with his physical talent/potential, and everything to do with does he have his head on straight and is he a ticking time bomb to get into a ton of trouble or not.

Talent/potential wise Lyerla could been a top 3 rounds guy... heck if he got his off the field act together he might of been a top 2 round guy. But he didn't get his act together, between the emotional outburst, lack of self control, drugs (cocane) and government conspiracies theories only 3 teams even showed up for his pro-day and NO ONE seemingly was willing to signed a potential top 2 round potential talent to even an UDFA contract right away.

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 5/19/2014(UTC)
Offline Yerko  
#65 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2014 8:20:46 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 263

Looks like a beast in that 2012 highlight tape and I don't want to make this comparison, but he looks like an Aaron Hernandez-type tight end taking those hand offs. His explosiveness is ridiculous and he fights for yards...

The off-field stuff is a gigantic gamble though. Maybe Lyerla takes this opportunity given to him seriously since it was stated earlier that only three teams showed up to his pro-day. With the average ability of our current tight ends on the roster, I hope they take a chance on him.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#66 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2014 4:38:14 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgqbrR8FOYI

Watch this guy and how hard he is to go down. Just one tough SOB...he runs it out of the backfield like Randall Cobb mixed with Eddie Lacy. He brings a varied skill set with impressive measurables that no one else can touch for a TE. His vertical was just .5" less than Davante Adams. He outjumped all TE's at combine by 4". You don't find guys like him very often. Conversely, you don't find guys with his character too often, either. I'm going to bet if he played another position he wouldn't have such a stigma. Aaron Hernandez and the comparison has to make teams nervous. Who wants to take on a troubled TE who could may go Aaron Hernandez on you? I have not read anything about violence but some stuff regarding him has been kept quiet from what I read, if memory serves.

That highlight tape is incredible.
Offline wpr  
#67 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2014 5:20:19 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

So did our new problem child get signed or not?

today
Quote:

It’s decision day for the Green Bay Packers on Colt Lyerla – and the other 27 tryout players who took part in the team’s rookie orientation camp over the weekend.

Packers general manager Ted Thompson said after Saturday’s final practice that he intended to take the rest of the weekend to consider those tryout players – including Lyerla, the troubled ex-University of Oregon tight end – and if any of them merited signing, those moves would be made on Monday.

“It’ll be a couple days before we settle on that,” Thompson said Saturday. “We’ll probably have that by Monday.”
UserPostedImage

Offline sschind  
#68 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2014 6:39:44 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
That highlight tape is incredible.

Aren't they all?

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 5/19/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#69 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2014 6:51:00 AM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Aren't they all?

Nope. I give you Davante Adams, Richard Rodgers and Khyri Thornton. Big Grin
Ted Thompson never said Monday was the day, for sure...just that they should have it sorted out and ready to announce Monday.

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline steveishere  
#70 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2014 7:21:06 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

I'm going to laugh at the reactions when we sign Ike Ariguzo instead of Lyerla
Offline play2win  
#71 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2014 8:31:06 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Aren't they all?

Anthony Barr's was one of the most unimpressive I have ever seen. You do know that I recognized it as a highlight tape...? They are just that. Highlights. This one was pretty good, from 2 years ago. It is what it is.
Offline sschind  
#72 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2014 9:07:09 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Anthony Barr's was one of the most unimpressive I have ever seen. You do know that I recognized it as a highlight tape...? They are just that. Highlights. This one was pretty good, from 2 years ago. It is what it is.

I know. I didn't mean it like you really thought it was anything special. I was just saying how I think pretty much all highlight films are pretty much the same. A guy making great plays. I look at them like I do those football follies type films. It doesn't really matter who is making the plays because at some point all NFL caliber players make similar plays. They are just fun to watch.

Except when its vikings players making the follies. Those are extra funny.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#73 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2014 9:08:39 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

Packers have signed #Hawaii DB Charles Clay to their 90-man roster
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline uffda udfa  
#74 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2014 3:15:11 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Lyerla is IN! Raymond Webber is OUT. Miami DE Luther Robinson also in. Khyri signed his contract, as well.

http://www.packersnews.c...140519/PKR0101/140519038
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Rss Feed