Zero2Cool
9 years ago

I wouldn't ever agree to a maximum wage for anybody, because that would be very UnAmerican. All they need to do is correct the tax code: no more capital gains taxes - income is income and you pay in the top rate for all your income exceeding X amounts of dollars. No more cap on the Social Security tax, which is currently at $125,000. Wealthy people pay SS tax on all of their income not just the first $125K. And in times of financial crisis the top rate is adjusted to make up the difference. I guarantee you that those politicians will keep their spending in check.

Being born an American shouldn't just be a privilege to some and leave out those that were born in poverty.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Yeppers, agreed.

I will admit, at first I thought cap those bastards, but how justifiable is that? Think of Bill Gates, he donates BILLIONS of dollars to help others. If we had capped him, would those same billions have gone to help people? If so, would it be more, would it be less?

Regardless, you should be able to earn as much as you can. I just disagree with screwing people over for financial gain.
UserPostedImage
sschind
9 years ago

You don't think that tax code is extremely complicated for the average people do you? Funny how we never get into the nuts and bolts of taxation when we are electing our corrupted leaders. Well, we kind of did with Mittens in '12, but it was dropped suddenly for some reason.

The tax code is extremely complicated that is why some people don't pay their full share, because of the "complications." Pick something and make everyone follow it. I really don't care what numbers we pick, Some people would think 25% is too high. Others think 35% is too low, that is why I said it was subjective. whatever number we choose someone will think it is unfair. What we need to do is agree on a number and use that number. My guess is that if we picked a number that was even lower than the top rate today and made everyone pay that amount we would have a hell of a lot more money in the treasury. That is what I mean by paying their FULL share. Not "OK I'm in the top bracket, I pay x amount on my income, except this, this is tax free. Oh and that over there, that's only taxable at a much lower rate. Oh, and that big pile in the corner, no one knows I even have that. Seems FAIR to me"

It really shouldn't be that difficult. Maybe not quite as easy as

A) how much did you make
B) send it in.

but income up to a certain amount tax free
between that number and another number 15%
then 25 %
then 33%

I really don't even think it matters what you set the limits at, the key is making everyone pay the full amount that their income level says they should pay.
DakotaT
9 years ago
Graduated tax rates are the most fair, and they are designed in a manner in which you start out life earning a lower salary and as progress through the years and start earning more, you start paying more income taxes. These graduated tax rates are to help a person raise himself up by the bootstraps.

But in our system, since politicians (lawmakers) are now all for sale and this process is technically legal; the wealthy get them to create credits, deductions, and loopholes to avoid taxation. So the people that should be paying the most tax are avoiding it, which is the basis of my 2 year rant with the usual dillholes in this forum that slurp everything the wealthy Republicans spew at them.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

Graduated tax rates are the most fair, and they are designed in a manner in which you start out life earning a lower salary and as progress through the years and start earning more, you start paying more income taxes. These graduated tax rates are to help a person raise himself up by the bootstraps.

But in our system, since politicians (lawmakers) are now all for sale and this process is technically legal; the wealthy get them to create credits, deductions, and loopholes to avoid taxation. So the people that should be paying the most tax are avoiding it, which is the basis of my 2 year rant with the usual dillholes in this forum that slurp everything the wealthy Republicans spew at them.

It is still amazing that you are so gullible as to think that there is not 1 single wealthy Democrat who doesn't take advantage of the current tax laws. It is equally amazing that you are so gullible as to think there there is not Democratic support for the current tax laws. That even when the Democrats had majority representation that somehow the Republicans magically passed a bill to change the tax code. Keep believing that all that is wrong with America is because of the Republicans. It is what makes you so cute.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago

It is still amazing that you are so gullible as to think that there is not 1 single wealthy Democrat who doesn't take advantage of the current tax laws. It is equally amazing that you are so gullible as to think there there is not Democratic support for the current tax laws. That even when the Democrats had majority representation that somehow the Republicans magically passed a bill to change the tax code. Keep believing that all that is wrong with America is because of the Republicans. It is what makes you so cute.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I'm not gullible to anything. Every time Republicans take control of Washington they lower taxes for the wealthy and screw the people needing social programs. I am so sick of this country's hypocrisy of claiming to be Christian nation and then doing the exact fucking opposite in the name of greed. Yes Wayne, there are wealthy Democrats, but at least they pretend to give a shit and throw the needy a bone once in a while.

And what does it matter to you anyway if I chastise the Republicans - you don't claim to be one, right?
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
all I ask is that you not be a hypocrite and blame both parties equally.

The Republicans could not change the tax codes without help of the Democrats.

From 1955 through 1995 and 2007-2011 the Democrats controlled the House. The Senate from 1955-1981, 87-95, 01-03 and 07-14.

The Republicans have controlled both chambers very little of the time.

You're still cute with your railing.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago

all I ask is that you not be a hypocrite and blame both parties equally.

The Republicans could not change the tax codes without help of the Democrats.

From 1955 through 1995 and 2007-2011 the Democrats controlled the House. The Senate from 1955-1981, 87-95, 01-03 and 07-14.

The Republicans have controlled both chambers very little of the time.

You're still cute with your railing.

That's why they were called the Bush tax cuts right? Then we went to war on a credit card. Own the shit once.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

That's why they were called the Bush tax cuts right? Then we went to war on a credit card. Own the shit once.

You are pissing and moaning about a tax bill that happened 13 years ago? In the past 50 years do you realize how many times there has been "tax reform"? Probably 1000 times. You are cute when you get upset. It does make it hard for you to see straight.

edit- just out of curiosity I went to look and see who voted for the bill in 2001. 12 Democrats voted in favor of the bill including Feinstein. Only 58 Senators voted for it so it would not have passed without bi partition support. The same for the House. 29 Dems votes for it which allowed it to pass. Your beloved people are just as responsible for your hated law.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago

You are pissing and moaning about a tax bill that happened 13 years ago? In the past 50 years do you realize how many times there has been "tax reform"? Probably 1000 times. You are cute when you get upset. It does make it hard for you to see straight.

edit- just out of curiosity I went to look and see who voted for the bill in 2001. 12 Democrats voted in favor of the bill including Feinstein. Only 58 Senators voted for it so it would not have passed without bi partition support. The same for the House. 29 Dems votes for it which allowed it to pass. Your beloved people are just as responsible for your hated law.

And now your beloved Republicans do nothing but block legislation at their country's peril, just to obstruct Count Chocula. And why was there a surplus that allowed those Bush tax cuts in the first place? Because Clinton raised the top rates, just like Obama did a couple years ago. There is a fundamental difference between the two parties when it comes to taxation and social programs. I'll never again vote for the party that values the war machine over social programs that help lower end Americans. And those that do are heartless doucebags. Associate yourself with that shit if you must.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
You are so cute when you get confused. You remind me of Mateo in the "Listen Linda Honey" video. You don't even know what you are talking about and you change the conversation when you get stuck in a corner.

You blame the wealthy Republicans for all the woes that ever happened to all mankind since the beginning of the world ignoring the fact that there are just as many wealthy Democrats cutting deals and lining their pockets too. You seem to enjoy the line they give out that they want to help the little guy while they stuff their pockets.

You try and point to the Bush 2001 tax cut as your "proof" how evil the Republicans are and I show you that there was very strong support from the Democrats in the Senate and that the bill would not have been passed without their support including Dianne Feinstein who is considered by some as one of the more liberal Democrats. (In the Senate, 48% of those who voted in favor of the bill were Dems.)

As I have said before but you don't listen, I do not associate myself with any political party. I am sure you still do not understand it because you are so busy stammering, "Listen Linda Honey" to comprehend something as simple as that.

Continue on Dear.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (18h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.