Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2014 9:11:45 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

I was high on Jeremy Thompson. I thought he would have been a very good OLB for the new Capers system. Never proved it though.

As for Butler, he was great, but his career wasn't shortened appreciably. He was already getting up there.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Dulak  
#12 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2014 5:40:39 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 103

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I was high on Jeremy Thompson. I thought he would have been a very good OLB for the new Capers system. Never proved it though.

As for Butler, he was great, but his career wasn't shortened appreciably. He was already getting up there.

ya I remember thompson also = never got the chance ... lump him collins and now finley into the neck injury - writing them off and making money
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 6/7/2014(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#13 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2014 6:10:53 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

I really miss Bishop. For a couple years there if we needed a big play or a big stop the guy was always there. He's as much the reason we won the Superbowl as anyone else on that team. Even the years we had a bad D he never let up like the players did last year. Dude was always 100%. He's about the only guy on either side of the ball who came to play against the Giants in the 2011 playoffs. Funny thing is he's a FA but I think that hamstring injury basically ended his career.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2014 6:37:33 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,223

Javon Walker. I think quite a few of us do not appreciate the true talent that kid had. Favre recognized it and said he was the best WR except Sharpe.

The injury, plus (this is speculation on my end) having an agent ruining his mind is what ruined his career with the Packers. Then when he was traded to the Broncos he was inches away from a tragedy and i think that pretty much says it all for him.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
uffda udfa on 6/7/2014(UTC), nerdmann on 6/7/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#15 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2014 9:16:19 AM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Javon Walker is a good one... He was mega talented but he was dumb as gum. A wonderlic 7...and I happened to cross his path long ago and had a conversation with him. What a nice but not real bright guy.

I do think that is right on...the best we've had since Sharpe.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline musccy  
#16 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 8:00:15 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 251
Applause Received: 234

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
Sadly, for Sterling's sake, he was known as a first class prick so the odds he's voted in aren't real strong. That shouldn't play a role in voting, but it does.

Are you sure you're not confusing him with his brother?

Offline musccy  
#17 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 8:03:10 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 251
Applause Received: 234

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
Javon Walker is a good one... He was mega talented but he was dumb as gum. A wonderlic 7...and I happened to cross his path long ago and had a conversation with him. What a nice but not real bright guy.

I do think that is right on...the best we've had since Sharpe.

I got him to sign a frisbee golf disc of mine at a bar in Green Bay once. As you said, nice enough guy, all the talent in the world, but lacking a bit between the ears.

Offline uffda udfa  
#18 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:05:34 AM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Originally Posted by: musccy Go to Quoted Post
Are you sure you're not confusing him with his brother?

Positive. Sterling Sharpe embargoed the media as a rookie. He never spoke to them.

EDIT: Here's a little taste of just how bad Sterling Sharpe was perceived...I have to type it out because I can't cut and paste from the link... From:

Packers by the Numbers: Jersey Numbers and the Players who Wore Them
By John Maxymuk

When Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Columnist Bud Lea was asked who were the biggest jerks he dealt with in his nearly 50 years covering the Packers, he rated Sterling Sharpe number one.

Message modified by user Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:24:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline gbguy20  
#19 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:36:21 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

http://leftoverhotdog.co...sharpe-ass-of-asses.html

"To say former USC and NFL standout wide receiver Sterling Sharpe is a jerk is like saying New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick is curt. It’s accurate, but it doesn’t begin to describe the depths of self-righteousness their egos have plumbed."

check this out
call me Dan
Offline uffda udfa  
#20 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:43:09 AM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
http://leftoverhotdog.com/articles/football/sterling-sharpe-ass-of-asses.html

"To say former USC and NFL standout wide receiver Sterling Sharpe is a jerk is like saying New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick is curt. It’s accurate, but it doesn’t begin to describe the depths of self-righteousness their egos have plumbed."

check this out

LOL! I read that piece! Also, I read an excerpt from another book... it said Sterling who was famous for being a dick when approached for an autograph would come in every week to bags full of mail and post cards. He would sit at his locker and sign every single request he received. The writer of that book said... "That was the enigma that was Sterling Sharpe."

A media member once saw Sterling Sharpe at the SuperBowl and put someone up to saying HEY, THAT'S STERLING SHARPE just so he could say loudly back where Sterling could hear it... WHO CARES? Not a nice thing to do but it shows the level of hatred Sterling inspired.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 6/8/2014(UTC)
Rss Feed