Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
11 Pages«<11
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#301 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 12:00:53 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
thanks Post received 3 applause.
DoddPower on 7/26/2014(UTC), Zero2Cool on 7/30/2014(UTC), mi_keys on 8/1/2014(UTC)
Offline StarrMax1  
#302 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 11:29:34 AM(UTC)
StarrMax1

United States

Applause Given: 92
Applause Received: 84

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
Sure, they did help...HOWEVER, as sschind pointed out...that is not what the draft is for if you've listened to the Packer line under TT. The draft is for development in the hopes a player makes a huge jump in Year 2. If a player, per this organization is expected to have a big 2nd year jump, one must conclude they aren't in much of a position to be impactful in year 1.

The sad defense of Ted Thompson by the brainwashed fans is beyond compare. Greg Jennings was right about brainwashing in Green Bay but it's the fans, not the players in the org. Ted Thompson could cut the entire roster after this season and add 7 draft picks and 46 UDFA's and you would be on here talking about how that was really a win now strategy because Shields, Bakhtiari and Lacy worked out.

I'll take your wonderful examples and turn them on you...How has drafting the SAFETY position under the WIN NOW philosophy worked for us? How about a backup QB? How about the spot opposite Clay? How about the entire defense as a whole...how many former 1's are on this D, not including Peppers who wasn't a Packers pick under TT? Jones, Perry, Hawk, Dix, Raji, Matthews... SIX #1's and 7 if you count Peppeers.

We were beyond fortunate that Sam Shields was what he turned out to be...that is a rare thing that is not to be counted on. Bakhtiari was overrated and didn't grade out as well as you might think... he was okay. For every Lacy you can speak of a Brandon Jackson and Alex Green. Two guys who never developed that have us in a position to use yet another high pick. I would hope after drafting the same position with total failure after total failure you could hit on one eventually. The odds don't favor it. Packer draft history doesn't favor it.

WOOHOO!! Packers Ink Thompson To Extension!!

17 Pages!!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry couldn't resist!!!!
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 7/30/2014(UTC), Dexter_Sinister on 8/1/2014(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#303 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 11:39:07 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: StarrMax1 Go to Quoted Post

17 Pages!!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yep. It is time to Bob Seger and just
UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 2 applause.
StarrMax1 on 7/30/2014(UTC), Dexter_Sinister on 8/1/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#304 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:09:45 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Originally Posted by: StarrMax1 Go to Quoted Post

17 Pages!!!!!

I should NOT be surprised that a post like this would be made. It just illustrates how little understanding some have of the actual nature of a topic. Go look at the subject and the little liner underneath. Who didn't think this was coming? No one. The whole point of the topic was...Do YOU WANT IT TO HAPPEN. I didn't...most did.

The word is they're printing the divisional championship hats and t-shirts for 2014, already, now. Puke
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#305 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 2:52:06 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,226

Seen this and reminded me of this thread.

For comparison sake, Packers have just 5.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 11/10/2014(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#306 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 3:41:07 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

Yep we have been down that road a thousand times.

31 is too many and should be considered a failure. 5 is too few especially when the next lowest is 15. Uncle Teddy is smarter than most GMs but he can't be right all the time. Having 10-12 in key places would make the team a whole lot more competitive than just 5.
UserPostedImage

Offline sschind  
#307 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 10:23:08 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

That's actually up from a few years back. I think I recall one year it was only three (maybe even just 2) not sure which year it was but within the last 3 or 4 I think.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Rss Feed