Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
13 Pages«<1213

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#261 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 5:14:12 AM(UTC)
DoddPower said: Go to Quoted Post
This is the question that most often runs through my head while reading threads like this. I love the forum, but I can't help but think some of that energy could be better applied in other ways.

EDIT: I can't get the bold, italics, or underline to work in Chrome.

Now why in the hell would you ever say something like this? You actually think any of us puts thought or energy into what we respond with? Are you kidding me?!?!?!? [duh]
sschind  
#262 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:09:34 AM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
yes. we have to pay double for our membership fees.

Double? Did you say double? I don't know if I could afford double.

sschind  
#263 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:11:04 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Now why in the hell would you ever say something like this? You actually think any of us puts thought or energy into what we respond with? Are you kidding me?!?!?!? [duh]

Energy certainly, thought ... maybe not so much.

DoddPower  
#264 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:28:39 AM(UTC)
musccy said: Go to Quoted Post
I was not particularly productive at work on Monday or Tuesday. Oops.

Wasn't talking about you though, so don't worry. =)
uffda udfa  
#265 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 6:22:31 PM(UTC)
sschind said: Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the clarification and I'm sorry I did not pick up on the intended humor. Its a phrase that I think everyone uses on occasion and I am sure in times before I made a conscious effort to eliminate it from my repertoire I used it as well.

No harm done. As you know it isn't always easy to read intent on line.

As far as Uffda being a plant as Pack93z suggested that is a conspiracy theory I could get behind. Do you get a bonus zero if a thread goes over so many posts?

A plant? I'm an animal.

I love when these kind of allegations are made. I'm a plant? From where exactly? Howard Stern? Bababooey! [laughing]

Troll, some words I won't even type though they have been less since the Hall of Fame town crier exited the board, Plant... Those who dream this up are the ones with too much time on their hands. I had a bunch of time on my hands but it's over now. I'll be quite busy from here on out and won't be around near as much. I know you're heartbroken. [puke]

What is also interesting for all the discord my posts sow, this one and the Jimmy G one were heavily responded to and viewed. That's GREAT stuff...the kind of stuff I personally like. Do you want pages of posts with a one liner after MBD posts a story link. Snooze fest.

If I was a plant it would be from the school of how to pump it up. Get a little passion flowing... a lot of online forums are as dispassionate as the Packers D has been the last few years. Mike Daniels must be a Packer plant. He surely doesn't belong with that miserable emotionless cavalcade of clowns.
uffda udfa  
#266 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 6:58:32 PM(UTC)
I may have to agree with dofostert on Ted Thompson being crazy. What kind of a man says this talking about the 3 things he wanted to accomplish this offseason...

From JSOnline.com

"And (No. 3) draft effectively with an eye toward right now, helping us win right now, but also in the future. Those things were accomplished in the off-season."

Huh? The draft is a tool used to...win now? LMAO. Yeah, that's what it's for. That's what our "draft and develop" philosophy is all about...RIGHT NOW. Unreal. Any fan who swallowed that is...I wouldn't even know how to pejoratively catergorize them strongly enough. That dude stood up there and LIED his arse off on this one. Hmmm...the funny thing about draft picks under our philosophy is they are incapable of "the 2nd year jump" that is preached all the time.

TT...retire. The draft isn't about right now...it is rare for a rookie to come in an make a major impact. I don't think you have a Clay Matthews in this group.
warhawk  
#267 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2014 7:06:34 AM(UTC)
uffda udfa said: Go to Quoted Post
I may have to agree with dofostert on Ted Thompson being crazy. What kind of a man says this talking about the 3 things he wanted to accomplish this offseason...

From JSOnline.com

"And (No. 3) draft effectively with an eye toward right now, helping us win right now, but also in the future. Those things were accomplished in the off-season."

Huh? The draft is a tool used to...win now? LMAO. Yeah, that's what it's for. That's what our "draft and develop" philosophy is all about...RIGHT NOW. Unreal. Any fan who swallowed that is...I wouldn't even know how to pejoratively catergorize them strongly enough. That dude stood up there and LIED his arse off on this one. Hmmm...the funny thing about draft picks under our philosophy is they are incapable of "the 2nd year jump" that is preached all the time.

TT...retire. The draft isn't about right now...it is rare for a rookie to come in an make a major impact. I don't think you have a Clay Matthews in this group.

So Lacy didn't help us win? Bakhtiari didn't help us win? The year before Hayward didn't help us win? There's way to many cases on way to many teams where rookies came in and made an impact to say rookies coming in won't play a role in some manner as the year goes on. It may be on ST's or filling in for an injury or just showing they are too good to keep off the field.
There's nothing wrong with the statement. You don't put 5,6,7 guy on a team and not expect them to contribute and help a team win.

mi_keys  
#268 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2014 1:06:19 PM(UTC)
warhawk said: Go to Quoted Post
So Lacy didn't help us win? Bakhtiari didn't help us win? The year before Hayward didn't help us win? There's way to many cases on way to many teams where rookies came in and made an impact to say rookies coming in won't play a role in some manner as the year goes on. It may be on ST's or filling in for an injury or just showing they are too good to keep off the field.
There's nothing wrong with the statement. You don't put 5,6,7 guy on a team and not expect them to contribute and help a team win.

I guess in 2010 Bryan Bulaga, James Starks and Sam Shields weren't going to help us win...
sschind  
#269 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2014 3:58:28 PM(UTC)

A lot of rookies step in and help their teams win but I don't think they are necessarily expected to have a major impact right off the bat. I'm sure no one, himself included, expected Bahktiari to be the force he was in his rookie year. You may have high hopes but realistically your expectations are a bit more reserved.

First rounders yeah a little more is expected of them. Second and third rounders, especially if they are skill position players like Lacy again maybe you expect a little more out of them. To expect the majority of them to come in and start and be very productive is a little much. Ideally with the draft and develop method you pick guys a year or 2 before you hope you really need them to give them time for the develop part but like you said, every year things happen that make it necessary for some of them to step up right away and of course every year some of them simply ending up surprising everyone.

I'm not sure any GM, regardless of their draft philosophy, is real keen on relying too much on rookies.
uffda udfa  
#270 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2014 8:15:47 PM(UTC)

Sure, they did help...HOWEVER, as sschind pointed out...that is not what the draft is for if you've listened to the Packer line under TT. The draft is for development in the hopes a player makes a huge jump in Year 2. If a player, per this organization is expected to have a big 2nd year jump, one must conclude they aren't in much of a position to be impactful in year 1.

The sad defense of Ted Thompson by the brainwashed fans is beyond compare. Greg Jennings was right about brainwashing in Green Bay but it's the fans, not the players in the org. Ted Thompson could cut the entire roster after this season and add 7 draft picks and 46 UDFA's and you would be on here talking about how that was really a win now strategy because Shields, Bakhtiari and Lacy worked out.

I'll take your wonderful examples and turn them on you...How has drafting the SAFETY position under the WIN NOW philosophy worked for us? How about a backup QB? How about the spot opposite Clay? How about the entire defense as a whole...how many former 1's are on this D, not including Peppers who wasn't a Packers pick under TT? Jones, Perry, Hawk, Dix, Raji, Matthews... SIX #1's and 7 if you count Peppeers.

We were beyond fortunate that Sam Shields was what he turned out to be...that is a rare thing that is not to be counted on. Bakhtiari was overrated and didn't grade out as well as you might think... he was okay. For every Lacy you can speak of a Brandon Jackson and Alex Green. Two guys who never developed that have us in a position to use yet another high pick. I would hope after drafting the same position with total failure after total failure you could hit on one eventually. The odds don't favor it. Packer draft history doesn't favor it.

wpr  
#271 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 12:00:53 PM(UTC)
UserPostedImage
StarrMax1  
#272 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 11:29:34 AM(UTC)
uffda udfa said: Go to Quoted Post
Sure, they did help...HOWEVER, as sschind pointed out...that is not what the draft is for if you've listened to the Packer line under TT. The draft is for development in the hopes a player makes a huge jump in Year 2. If a player, per this organization is expected to have a big 2nd year jump, one must conclude they aren't in much of a position to be impactful in year 1.

The sad defense of Ted Thompson by the brainwashed fans is beyond compare. Greg Jennings was right about brainwashing in Green Bay but it's the fans, not the players in the org. Ted Thompson could cut the entire roster after this season and add 7 draft picks and 46 UDFA's and you would be on here talking about how that was really a win now strategy because Shields, Bakhtiari and Lacy worked out.

I'll take your wonderful examples and turn them on you...How has drafting the SAFETY position under the WIN NOW philosophy worked for us? How about a backup QB? How about the spot opposite Clay? How about the entire defense as a whole...how many former 1's are on this D, not including Peppers who wasn't a Packers pick under TT? Jones, Perry, Hawk, Dix, Raji, Matthews... SIX #1's and 7 if you count Peppeers.

We were beyond fortunate that Sam Shields was what he turned out to be...that is a rare thing that is not to be counted on. Bakhtiari was overrated and didn't grade out as well as you might think... he was okay. For every Lacy you can speak of a Brandon Jackson and Alex Green. Two guys who never developed that have us in a position to use yet another high pick. I would hope after drafting the same position with total failure after total failure you could hit on one eventually. The odds don't favor it. Packer draft history doesn't favor it.

WOOHOO!! Packers Ink Thompson To Extension!!

17 Pages!!!!!

[laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing]

Sorry couldn't resist!!!!
wpr  
#273 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 11:39:07 AM(UTC)
StarrMax1 said: Go to Quoted Post

17 Pages!!!!!

[laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing]

Yep. It is time to Bob Seger and just
uffda udfa  
#274 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:09:45 PM(UTC)
StarrMax1 said: Go to Quoted Post

17 Pages!!!!!

I should NOT be surprised that a post like this would be made. It just illustrates how little understanding some have of the actual nature of a topic. Go look at the subject and the little liner underneath. Who didn't think this was coming? No one. The whole point of the topic was...Do YOU WANT IT TO HAPPEN. I didn't...most did.

The word is they're printing the divisional championship hats and t-shirts for 2014, already, now. [puke]
Zero2Cool  
#275 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 2:52:06 PM(UTC)
Seen this and reminded me of this thread.

For comparison sake, Packers have just 5.
wpr  
#276 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 3:41:07 PM(UTC)

Yep we have been down that road a thousand times.

31 is too many and should be considered a failure. 5 is too few especially when the next lowest is 15. Ted is smarter than most GMs but he can't be right all the time. Having 10-12 in key places would make the team a whole lot more competitive than just 5.
sschind  
#277 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 10:23:08 PM(UTC)

That's actually up from a few years back. I think I recall one year it was only three (maybe even just 2) not sure which year it was but within the last 3 or 4 I think.

Rss Feed