Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 7:46:43 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

Worth your time to read.

PackersNews wrote:
After more than three decades working as a sports journalist, including the last 11 years at the Green Bay Press-Gazette, it's time to say farewell.

It's been an unforgettable ride that has included coverage of three Super Bowls, one World Series, and countless other high school and college championships.

Since December 1980, when I was named sports editor of the Portage Daily Register, my life has revolved around athletes, coaches and games. My career path took me to the Oshkosh Northwestern, Milwaukee Sentinel, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Packer Plus magazine and the Press-Gazette.

Can you believe I fooled my bosses along the way into paying me to cover sports, something I truly loved?

But all good things eventually run their course, so it's time for me to blaze a different trail. On Monday, I will begin a new job as communications director at Green Bay Community Church. Before I make that transition, let me share some reflections on a memorable sports journalism career

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 8:13:05 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,630
Applause Received: 654

That's cool, but this guy is kind of a dufus. LOL. Not as bad as Vic Ketchman, but kind of old and a little bit out of touch. Still, I hope he does his own blog.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DarkaneRules  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 11:11:13 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 354

So long Mr. V. I was a big fan of his. And to Nerd's point, Vic is my favorite. That guy thinks almost the exact same way I do about everything. It is pretty wild when you think of the age difference and the fact that I am relatively new to NFL fandom but I am just so passionate about the game and wars that go on in every game. What a sport. I hope the NFL doesn't ruin itself in the decades to come.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 7/13/2014(UTC), QCHuskerFan on 7/14/2014(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 12:30:43 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,035
Applause Received: 1,472

Thanks Mike. I enjoyed reading your comments.

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 2:05:12 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
That's cool, but this guy is kind of a dufus. LOL. Not as bad as Vic Ketchman, but kind of old and a little bit out of touch. Still, I hope he does his own blog.

I recall the article about the Packers playing all home games at Lambeau. I didn't understand his point at all. The article came off like since Milwaukee helped the Packers, they were forever in their debt. Aside from that, he was not out of touch at all.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 2:17:33 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,035
Applause Received: 1,472

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I recall the article about the Packers playing all home games at Lambeau. I didn't understand his point at all. The article came off like since Milwaukee helped the Packers, they were forever in their debt. Aside from that, he was not out of touch at all.

Without the infusion of money/ticket sales in the early days there would be no Green Bay Packers today. The team was nearly bankrupt and Milwaukee fans helped save the day. that was the point. He was saying keep games in Milwaukee even when yu do need to as a way of saying thank you we recognize your value to the franchise.

UserPostedImage

Rss Feed