Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 10:49:15 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

Steelers are desperate. They'd clear Sterling Sharpe if they thought it'd help a tad.

Mike Florio wrote:
From the moment agent Blake Baratz characterized tight end Jermichael Finley as facing what amounts to a choice between taking Door No. 1 and a $10 million no-tax disability policy or Door No. 2 and returning to football for whatever pre-tax salaries and bonuses he can muster, it all seemed to be a little too...

In this case, Finley apparently has received multiple offers from the Steelers, whose team doctor performed the spinal fusion surgery on Finley and cleared him to play earlier this year.

“Pittsburgh have showed me a couple deals, but we all know the money ain’t what it’s supposed to be,” Finley recently told USA Today.
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline uffda udfa  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 10:57:22 AM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

I had to laugh at this one a little. Pittsburgh gave him a low offer? You don't say? Not Pittsburgh. :)

Finley has been awfully Packers sweet here lately. You have to smile knowing he knows the Packers are the one team that really values (overvalues) him. If he could get nearly 8 million out of them last year, he's got to think Green Bay is the best possible place to get the money he's seeking.

As tight lipped as the Packers org is, I'm now thinking Finley has been cleared by our doctors, also...but he has a gag order on that as they try and figure out how much to pay him with Randall and Jordy looming. Finley's old money was allocated to Julius.

If Finley truly is cleared, will the Packers pay him as he desires?
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline DakotaT  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 11:23:26 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,362

Finley would have to take an incentive laden deal on production and duration. I just don't want to watch the guy be gurneyed off the field again.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
porky88 on 7/16/2014(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:53:26 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 968

I don't know how much money Finley thinks he's going to get. He's only had 2 full seasons in his career and they didn't exactly live up to expectations. Coming off such a serious injury he's not going to get a long term deal nor will he get the 7m average he got 2 years ago. He's going to have to either retire or deal with a low 1 year prove it deal most likely.
Offline uffda udfa  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 2:06:12 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

This is total conspiracy type stuff but I wouldn't discount this possibility...

I think most NFL observers look at the Packer TE situation as disastrous. Finley is still out there cleared by a Steelers doctor meaning he may not be able to cash his policy because he has been cleared to play and received an offer according to Jermichael himself.

It would make sense that Finley and his camp believe the Packers have nothing at TE so they feel they can extort a better offer from us because of this.

So, what do the Packers do? All this effusive praise is released to the media on Richard Rodgers. Aaron and Mike McCarthy gushing about him. That is the one guy that Jermichael would have no personal knowledge about as to his skill level. So, now we hear stories liKe Richard Rodgers may start giving the impression we're okay at TE when that may be the furthest from the truth, all to get Finley to the idea we're good without him and moving on unless he takes next to nothing from us financially.

This team loves Finley. It is funny the door has not been shut and not only not shut but it seems the Packers would love to have him back unlike many others they say similar door not being shut things about. It's gotta be a money issue...Finley wants a bunch because he feels he's fine and ready to roll and every other NFL team cautious.

He may be back after all...I now believe he will more than I have at any other point in this process.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
AbbaGav on 7/17/2014(UTC)
Offline Yerko  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 2:19:07 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 153
Applause Received: 255

I am still looking forward to 1 L.A.F.

It's time to move on and to bring in the young crop of tight ends. I don't mean this as a slight towards Jermichael in any way but like others, I would just rather not see him get taken off the field on a stretcher again, possibly amounting to an even worse injury he suffered this past season. The struggle the Packers *might* endure at tight end this season are worth not seeing this possibly happen.

UserPostedImage
Wade on 7/18/2014(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 2:20:17 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 422

Sign him and trade him for Jimmy Graham. Heck, throw in Lyelra as well if that is what it takes.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
uffda udfa on 7/16/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 2:57:02 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Sign him and trade him for Jimmy Graham. Heck, throw in Lyelra as well if that is what it takes.

As long as it has nothing to do with a 1st round pick...we need that 10% chance we might get a star!

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline DoddPower  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 10:28:08 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,051
Applause Received: 514

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
This is total conspiracy type stuff but I wouldn't discount this possibility...

I think most NFL observers look at the Packer TE situation as disastrous. Finley is still out there cleared by a Steelers doctor meaning he may not be able to cash his policy because he has been cleared to play and received an offer according to Jermichael himself.

It would make sense that Finley and his camp believe the Packers have nothing at TE so they feel they can extort a better offer from us because of this.

So, what do the Packers do? All this effusive praise is released to the media on Richard Rodgers. Aaron and Mike McCarthy gushing about him. That is the one guy that Jermichael would have no personal knowledge about as to his skill level. So, now we hear stories liKe Richard Rodgers may start giving the impression we're okay at TE when that may be the furthest from the truth, all to get Finley to the idea we're good without him and moving on unless he takes next to nothing from us financially.

Pick up your phone. Fox News is calling you with a job offer.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
StarrMax1 on 7/17/2014(UTC), Dexter_Sinister on 7/17/2014(UTC)
Offline mi_keys  
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:44:24 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 219
Applause Received: 353

You should probably call Baratz and Finley then because they are doing a really shitty job: admitting they have an offer, triggering speculation Finley can't collect on the policy, and admitting it's the only offer, and that it's shit.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline uffda udfa  
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:27:46 AM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
You should probably call Baratz and Finley then because they are doing a really shitty job: admitting they have an offer, triggering speculation Finley can't collect on the policy, and admitting it's the only offer, and that it's shit.

Undoubtedly, they're trying to leverage the 10 million dollar policy against the offer(s) they've received. Guys coming off catastrophic neck injuries aren't too popular these days.

I don't think there's anyone on this board or out there in the media who has a clue what's in that insurance policy but it won't stop speculation, here, or elsewhere.

Personally, I can't see anyone paying him more than Green Bay would but is it enough for him to play. I've read that it's quite possible that if he doesn't receive an offer commensurate with the type of money he would've received if not for the injury he can still collect on the policy. Well, he made almost 8 million last year and nobody is giving him anywhere near that so he should focus on policy collection if that's what his goal is.

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline uffda udfa  
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:14:50 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Ya gotta love Jermichael... "it's not about the money"...but the offers from Pittsburgh... "the money just ain't right".

I hope his meeting with Doc McKenzie at Bellin today went well. If he's cleared, I'm not sure why we wouldn't get that info right away unless the Packers have gagged him which I don't think would stop JF.

http://www.espnwisconsin...p;r=40&post_id=38821
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
beast on 7/17/2014(UTC)
Offline beast  
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:10:38 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 254
Applause Received: 314

I find it interesting you pick TE Rodgers, because you could probably use the same argument about your guy, Colt Lyerla, and all the hype/attention he's gotten...

But really it's not a conspiracy ... it's a business.... and looking at the other articles out there... Quarless is some how injured, Bostick is coming off an injury and showed up overweight and a bit out of shape... and Taylor is... well just Taylor... if it was a conspiracy they would be trying to hide that stuff and trying to hype more than just one guy...

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline beast  
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:16:21 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 254
Applause Received: 314

Ya gotta love Jermichael... "it's not about the money"...but the offers from Pittsburgh... "the money just ain't right".

I hope his meeting with Doc McKenzie at Bellin today went well. If he's cleared, I'm not sure why we wouldn't get that info right away unless the Packers have gagged him which I don't think would stop JF.

http://www.espnwisconsin...p;r=40&post_id=38821

I gotta agree with you that... though you missed my favorite part...

Finley wrote:
It ain’t about how much I can get

than as you already had...

Finley wrote:
Pittsburgh have showed me a couple deals, but we all know the money ain't what it's supposed to be,"
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Rss Feed