Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online DarkaneRules  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 3:54:19 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 354

Before our beloved Green Bay Packers take to Lambeau Field for the final practice of the week, here is what I am looking forward to as Family Night approaches.

Julius Peppers
- I can't hold it in anymore… I am stoked to see Julius Peppers practice live in a Packer uniform. I am not a Green Bay local, so all I get are short clips from the press of him jogging around or kneeling with helmet on the ground. So full disclosure, I am a huge fan of Peppers (have been for years), and tonight is when it will finally sink in for me that the guy is finally on our side. Although I know he is in the twilight of his career, that does not diminish my excitement and anticipation at all.

Linebackers
- Will we see any surprises tonight as far as where certain linebackers line up? I hope so. The defensive staff has been talking about more packages and less plays since the off-season began. I am excited to get taste of what some of these packages will look like. How will Lattimore look tonight? Who out of the rookie class will flash before our eyes? The linebacker group is the one I have the most interest in during pre-season. I want to see playmakers make some plays. I want to see a liability for the past few seasons become a strength. Will we get a sense of that possibility tonight?

Starting O-Line
- Last year's Family Night was a somber one for the offensive line and the team as a whole. Starting Bryan Bulaga was lost for the season when he suffered an ACL tear. We can only hope that no serious injuries occur tonight, which is part of the reason why tonight is a glorified practice rather than a scrimmage. Bulaga has had a great first week and I look forward to seeing evidence of that tonight. Elsewhere, I am looking to see something more from Barclay. Can he make a push into the starting lineup? That may seem like an obvious no, but coach said he has earned the right to battle for a starting job, so bring it on I say. Most fans eyes will be on JC Tretter tonight. How comfortable will he look out there at a very demanding position? It is important to keep perspective on the fact that he is still developing in this role. His grooming is actually quite similar to that of EDS, and the coaching staff certainly has shown unwavering faith in him. Should fans be as concerned as they have been recently about Tretter? Perhaps tonight will help us answer that question.

What about you? What and/or who are you looking forward to seeing tonight?
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 8/2/2014(UTC), buckeyepackfan on 8/2/2014(UTC)
Offline blueleopard  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 7:48:59 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 70

I wish it was televised.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 7:51:06 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
I wish it was televised.

It was. FOX 11 in Green Bay. They also streamed it.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline Cheesey  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 9:41:38 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 183
Applause Received: 408

I admit I got choked up a little when the players were announced and ran onto the field. The practice was not real exciting. Except when raji got hurt . It looked like he got kicked in the leg.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool on 8/3/2014(UTC), mi_keys on 8/3/2014(UTC)
Offline blueleopard  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 10:19:12 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 70

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post
It was. FOX 11 in Green Bay. They also streamed it.

I'm not from Wisconsin. Outside of Wisconsin it's really hard to find legitimate Packers news and I get like 90% of it here. lol
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
nerdmann on 8/3/2014(UTC), wpr on 8/3/2014(UTC)
Online DarkaneRules  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 10:21:52 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Monday is the last day of installs. Very excited about the first pre-season game now :)
Offline uffda udfa  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 11:28:28 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
I admit I got choked up a little when the players were announced and ran onto the field. The practice was not real exciting. Except when raji got hurt . It looked like he got kicked in the leg.

So, two injuries this year. We lost Bulaga last year during this event and now we may have lost Raji and Lyerla this year. An ankle injury is not what you want a big fat guy to have. Datone was never the same after his ankle injury last year. If Raji is compromised who is going to play nose? Boyd? Pennel? Guion? Thornton (he might be the least talked about Packer so far)?

As for Lyerla, Wilde said he had crutches in his locker but was walking without them. Sounds like he's finding himself slowly but surely. Maybe, they can IR him and develop him for next season.

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Online DarkaneRules  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 11:33:37 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

All things considered, Lyerla wasn't performing very well prior to this injury.
Online Mucky Tundra  
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 12:54:34 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 435

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
So, two injuries this year. We lost Bulaga last year during this event and now we may have lost Raji and Lyerla this year. An ankle injury is not what you want a big fat guy to have. Datone was never the same after his ankle injury last year. If Raji is compromised who is going to play nose? Boyd? Pennel? Guion? Thornton (he might be the least talked about Packer so far)?

As for Lyerla, Wilde said he had crutches in his locker but was walking without them. Sounds like he's finding himself slowly but surely. Maybe, they can IR him and develop him for next season.

Might want to let Raji know how bad he's hurt

Quote:
Many in the crowd of 67,336 -- a Family Night record -- were probably holding their breath when Raji appeared to injury his right ankle. He did not return to the practice but afterward said he was only scheduled to play one more snap.

"I'm fine; I just got rolled up on in one of the passing drills," Raji said. "But after the initial shock of it, I was able to walk it off, and I felt like I'll be OK."

Raji said he expected to be able to practice when training camp resumes Monday.

B.J. Raji avoids injury, Colt Lyerla does not
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 1:59:06 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,621
Applause Received: 651

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post

Maybe Tretter will start looking better in 1 on 1's.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline sschind  
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 6:22:36 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 422

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
All things considered, Lyerla wasn't performing very well prior to this injury.

Surely you jest.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 7:03:51 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,016
Applause Received: 1,459

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
I'm not from Wisconsin. Outside of Wisconsin it's really hard to find legitimate Packers news and I get like 90% of it here. lol

All a part of Zero's evil plan to rule the world.

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 7:09:21 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,016
Applause Received: 1,459

All I wanted from the PR event was an injury free evening. Sorta got that.

UserPostedImage

Online DarkaneRules  
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 10:27:29 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Well since it was a practice too many things were going on for me to be able to focus on many players individually but here are the guys that stuck out for me.

Mike Daniels - What a solid player we have here. He is showing such promise.
Joe Thomas & Jake Doughty - I am favoring Thomas here but both players made physical plays that caught my attention.
Running Back Depth - I may be inclined to keep an extra RB to take a player away from another position. Tough to make the call on which group though. Coaches have some tough decisions coming up.
Sean Richardson - His stock has been climbing all camp. His pass deflection on the sideline was my favorite play of the night.
David Bakhtiari - Continues to improve as our left tackle. The added weight was noticeable. Looks athletic and well conditioned out there. Very pleased with how this guy has panned out so far. He was instrumental in last season not being a disaster.
Kevin Dorsey - Made a couple plays in the passing game including a touchdown and has value in kickoff coverage. I think he ends up as the 5th WR.
Offline porky88  
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 12:38:07 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 193
Applause Received: 394

It was hard to take anything away from previous family nights. It's near impossible to take something away from what was a practice. I find it interesting that Green Bay is going the first two weeks of camp without hitting. Their first live action is going to come against Tennessee. I don't know if that's a good thing. Theoretically, it should help improve overall team health. It’ll also mean sloppy fundamentals early. I wonder if the coaching staff is going to place a greater emphasis on preseason to get the players ready. Perhaps they’ll play the starters into the second quarter on Saturday, so they get the live reps.
Rss Feed