Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline uffda udfa  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2014 7:29:31 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Rob Demovsky wrote:
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- When general manager Ted Thompson drafted Fresno State receiver Davante Adams in the second round this year, there were instant comparisons to former Green Bay Packers wide receiver James Jones -- another California kid with similar size and physical attributes.

Adams and Jones even worked out together before the draft this spring.

A little more than a week into training camp, however, the 6-foot-1 and 215-pound Adams has looked more like another, more productive former Packers' receiver.

Hard to believe our "Alshon Jeffery" will be lucky to be our 4th WR this season. I'm starting to wonder if Boykin would hang on and make the team if Abby hadn't gone out.

BTW, if you don't click the link...the WR he's being compared to is... not Sterling Sharpe. It's Greg Jennings.

Cobb spoke of him being smooth like Greg when he arrived. If Adams is anywhere near Greg Jennings level we have a very impressive Top 3, again. Boykin ain't a bad 4th or 5th.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline StoicFire  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 5:33:18 AM(UTC)
StoicFire

Applause Given: 29
Applause Received: 54

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
Hard to believe our "Alshon Jeffery" will be lucky to be our 4th WR this season. I'm starting to wonder if Boykin would hang on and make the team if Abby hadn't gone out.

BTW, if you don't click the link...the WR he's being compared to is... not Sterling Sharpe. It's Greg Jennings.

Cobb spoke of him being smooth like Greg when he arrived. If Adams is anywhere near Greg Jennings level we have a very impressive Top 3, again. Boykin ain't a bad 4th or 5th.

Pretty sure Boykin would make the team regardless of whether Abbrederis got hurt or not. I still think he's going to start the season as the #3 receiver. He's having a great camp, and I honestly cant figure out why he doesn't get more respect.
"the Quarterback can run if he wants to, but with this rocket attached to your body... who would?" -Aaron Rodgers
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 8/6/2014(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 5:48:57 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post

I hate to go off topic but this stuff is IMO your main problem. If someone says something you think is off base or dumb then confront/correct it then let if the f*** go. You continue to bring it up over and over again months after the fact. I don't care how outlandish something someone said was, there's really no need to be so disrespectful and rude so often and well after it's over. Let it go man.

Bump a thread after the season or something when/if Alshon blows up for 1700 yards and Boykin gets dropped to 5th string that's fine but you bring this shit up on a weekly basis.

edit: I'll add I'm not trying to be mean here or "call you out" or anything. Just some constructive criticism if you will to think about toning down the repetitive mocking of peoples opinions.

Message modified by user Wednesday, August 6, 2014 7:14:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks Post received 2 applause.
earthquake on 8/6/2014(UTC), DoddPower on 8/6/2014(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 6:21:16 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

Geez Boykin has one drop yesterday and suddenly the press goes insane. I know we have depth at receiver but come on!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline musccy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 6:36:01 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 251
Applause Received: 234

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
Geez Boykin has one drop yesterday and suddenly the press goes insane. I know we have depth at receiver but come on!

Agreed. Even with as good a camp as Dorsey reportedly has been having, with Janis' setback and how Boykin well Boykin performed the last 12 months, I can't see how he wouldn't have made the team. I've heard Rodgers go out of his way to compliment his past performances during this camp.
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 6:50:17 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 378
Applause Received: 484

Originally Posted by: musccy Go to Quoted Post
Agreed. Even with as good a camp as Dorsey reportedly has been having, with Janis' setback and how Boykin well Boykin performed the last 12 months, I can't see how he wouldn't have made the team. I've heard Rodgers go out of his way to compliment his past performances during this camp.

Plus Boykin showed he can get it done regardless of who's under center. Rodgers, Tolzien and Flynn, doesn't matter. Guy had two 100 yard games with Rodgers and Tolzien and three games with 89, 91 and 83 yards with Rodgers, Tolzien and Flynn respectively. Another thing about him-he didn't even have a catch in the first four weeks of the season! His 49 rec-681-3 TD stat line comes from 12 games with three different starting QBs! Does work on offense and special teams. He's not going anywhere.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
steveishere on 8/6/2014(UTC), wpr on 8/6/2014(UTC)
Offline musccy  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 6:54:02 AM(UTC)
musccy

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
Plus Boykin showed he can get it done regardless of who's under center. Rodgers, Tolzien and Flynn, doesn't matter. Guy had two 100 yard games with Rodgers and Tolzien and three games with 89, 91 and 83 yards with Rodgers, Tolzien and Flynn respectively. Another thing about him-he didn't even have a catch in the first four weeks of the season! His 49 rec-681-3 TD stat line comes from 12 games with three different starting QBs! Does work on offense and special teams. He's not going anywhere.

...plus he's cheap. Not that Janis, Dorsey, etc. aren't as well, but he's about 600k this year against the cap. Adams is pricier than that!

Offline steveishere  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 7:17:36 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

If Adams takes over the #3 spot that's a great sign for Adams. One thing to keep in mind though is Boykin has never been a very impressive practice player but he's a gamer (an opposite Davon House if you will). That's why he got cut from the Jaguars and wasn't getting any snaps on offense in the first 4 games last year. When he got a chance to actually get on the field he got it done.
Offline nerdmann  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:07:45 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,706
Applause Received: 664

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post

I've been predicting this for some time now.

If Abby hadn't gotten injured, Boykin might not even make the team, behind Adams, Abby and Dorsey. As it is, he's got a shot. Janis could still come on strong, but he's missed quite a bit already.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline musccy  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:17:38 AM(UTC)
musccy

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I've been predicting this for some time now.

If Abby hadn't gotten injured, Boykin might not even make the team, behind Adams, Abby and Dorsey. As it is, he's got a shot. Janis could still come on strong, but he's missed quite a bit already.

2 in the bush isn't always worth 1 in the hand. We've seen with Davon House that the practice champ doesn't always translate to the champ under the lights. We've seen what Boykin can do in real NFL action - we have no clue with Janis, Abby, Dorsey, etc.

Nearly 50 catches in 12 games making 570k this year with ST experience and has been noted, he achieved those stats with a grab bag of QBs throwing at him. Unless he did not catch a single ball in practice, I can't see how Boykin would not have made the team.

Rss Feed