Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 9:00:55 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

Rank: Senior Member
United States
Joined: 1/11/2013(UTC)
Location: Murray, Kentucky
Applause Given: 460
Applause Received: 579
LombardiAve wrote:
We will finally get our first look at the 2014 Green Bay Packers in a non-practice environment this weekend. The preseason opener against the Titans couldn't come soon enough. It's exciting the 2014 NFL season is about to get underway, and even though it's only preseason football, it will be good to see our favorite
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Laser Gunns  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 12:43:37 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

Rank: Member
United States
Joined: 9/30/2009(UTC)
Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 278
will it be television'd?


MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 1:02:40 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Select Member
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 3,078
Applause Received: 756
Originally Posted by: Laser Gunns Go to Quoted Post
will it be television'd?


It will problably be broadcast live locally (and possible slingbox'd) but then it will be replayed on NFL Network a couple times during the week.

I'm sure a torrent will be available at some point too.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 1:29:53 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio
Applause Given: 413
Applause Received: 509
Game is scheduled to run on NFL network 9am Sunday morning (ET).
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline nyrpack  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 6:03:06 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Rank: Rookie
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)
Location: long island, ny
Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 70
looking fwd to see haha and hyde battle it out for safety opening !!
jimmy b.
Offline RaiderPride  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 6:30:00 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 7/17/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 151
Applause Received: 231
This is a tough question, after all preseason game one is basically a glorified scrimmage.

However... I will be focusing on a few things..

Looking forward to seeing how Richardson plays against another teams scheme.

Flynn- Hmm? Will he be solid, or revert back to Matt the Raider?

The O line- Always important to watch the chemistry.

Ha Ha Vs. Hyde- Should be interesting, because multiple NFL reports are that based on camp performances this year, one of the best NFL safeties this year will be wearing number 24 and wearing Silver and Black.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 6:51:44 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: Registered
Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)
Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266
Originally Posted by: RaiderPride Go to Quoted Post
This is a tough question, after all preseason game one is basically a glorified scrimmage.

However... I will be focusing on a few things..

Looking forward to seeing how Richardson plays against another teams scheme.

Flynn- Hmm? Will he be solid, or revert back to Matt the Raider?

The O line- Always important to watch the chemistry.

Ha Ha Vs. Hyde- Should be interesting, because multiple NFL reports are that based on camp performances this year, one of the best NFL safeties this year will be wearing number 24 and wearing Silver and Black.


Matt was injured last year.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline RaiderPride  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 7:50:59 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 7/17/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 151
Applause Received: 231
Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post
Matt was injured last year.


True.. But he was not injured in Oakland, or Seattle.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline uffda udfa  
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 10:26:27 AM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: Member
Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas
Applause Given: 151
Applause Received: 171
I find stories like the "5 things to watch" or "What to watch for" mildly offensive. Are you kidding me? If you're a fan of this team, you know what to watch for without anyone telling you.

Those articles are written for people who don't follow football at all. To bring one over into a forum of savvy Packers followers is a little insulting, IMO. I guess I should be happy... as I wouldn't have any idea what I should be watching for if some guy from another website didn't tell me.

The thread about what you wanted to focus on is different as it points out to everyone what things are important, or of interest, to individual fans.

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 10:27:32 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Premier Member
United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,038
Applause Received: 2,435
Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
I find stories like the "5 things to watch" or "What to watch for" mildly offensive. Are you kidding me? If you're a fan of this team, you know what to watch for without anyone telling you.

Those articles are written for people who don't follow football at all. To bring one over into a forum of savvy Packers followers is a little insulting, IMO. I guess I should be happy... as I wouldn't have any idea what I should be watching for if some guy from another website didn't tell me.

The thread about what you wanted to focus on is different as it points out to everyone what things are important, or of interest, to individual fans.



We know you're going to be watching Ted Thompson to ensure he is doing things behind the scenes to validate his extension.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla
thanks Post received 2 applause.
uffda udfa on 8/9/2014(UTC), buckeyepackfan on 8/9/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 11:14:58 AM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: Member
Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas
Applause Given: 151
Applause Received: 171
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
We know you're going to be watching Ted Thompson to ensure he is doing things behind the scenes to validate his extension.


I want to see if Ted has splurged now that he got his extension and added a guy to clean his glasses like Jerry Jones. Oops, sorry... Ted Thompson is so cheap he doesn't even wear glasses even though he probably needs them. [grin1]

I would sit Lacy for almost the entire pre-season. No need to send him out there in pre-season. Other than the 3rd game, I would be very stingy with any playing time for any of our starters.

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 1:05:22 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Premier Member
United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,038
Applause Received: 2,435
Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
I want to see if Ted has splurged now that he got his extension and added a guy to clean his glasses like Jerry Jones. Oops, sorry... Ted Thompson is so cheap he doesn't even wear glasses even though he probably needs them. [grin1]

I would sit Lacy for almost the entire pre-season. No need to send him out there in pre-season. Other than the 3rd game, I would be very stingy with any playing time for any of our starters.



UserPostedImage

[wasntme]
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla
Offline uffda udfa  
#13 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 3:34:10 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: Member
Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas
Applause Given: 151
Applause Received: 171
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
UserPostedImage

[wasntme]


Sunglasses? You're killin' me. Killin' me!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline gbguy20  
#14 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 4:54:04 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)
Applause Given: 224
Applause Received: 294
Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
I find stories like the "5 things to watch" or "What to watch for" mildly offensive. Are you kidding me? If you're a fan of this team, you know what to watch for without anyone telling you.

Those articles are written for people who don't follow football at all. To bring one over into a forum of savvy Packers followers is a little insulting, IMO. I guess I should be happy... as I wouldn't have any idea what I should be watching for if some guy from another website didn't tell me.

The thread about what you wanted to focus on is different as it points out to everyone what things are important, or of interest, to individual fans.



It's amazing how easy to dislike you really are.
call me Dan
thanks Post received 2 applause.
uffda udfa on 8/9/2014(UTC), nerdmann on 8/10/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#15 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 5:56:04 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: Member
Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas
Applause Given: 151
Applause Received: 171
Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
It's amazing how easy to dislike you really are.


About as amazing as it is multiple websites would have to tell a fan what to watch as if they don't know, and if they don't, they aren't really fans in the first place. A story like that has no business on a Packers forum. Put it on a site like "newtofootball.com" but not here.

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / shield4life

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Bigbyfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

28-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

27-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

27-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Yerko

27-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

26-Feb / Announcements / Zero2Cool

26-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / warhawk

26-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

26-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan


Tweeter